WRC4 WRC 4 The Game

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
OverTake
Premium
On the iOpener website there is a very interesting article about an upcoming World Rally Championship simulator:

World Rally Championship's next game: Racing live against rally heroes

The next generation WRC computer game will allow players to 'compete' in live rallies", states ISC chairman Neil Duncanson in the April version of SportBusiness International magazine. ISC, the global promoter of the World Rally Championship (WRC), mentions WRC's ultimate goal as building up an online gaming world championship alongside the real thing.
ISC and the computer gaming industry believe the next step in gaming is this 'live' competition between gamers and real drivers, made possible through iOpener's patented technology.
ISC CEO Simon Long says: "Now we are a global promoter, we want this to be multi-platform, multi-publisher, multi-territory."
For Long and Duncanson the new game is part of WRC's broader efforts to appeal new fans beyond the hardcore enthusiastics. FIA's chairman Max Mosley has said the virtual champion will be honoured at the WRC's annual end-of-season awards ceremony in Monaco.

Source: iOpener Media

Last April we already brought you the first news about iOpener Media's beta testers recruitment for their Real Time Racing project.

The news about this technology where virtual racers can compete against the real drivers on the track in real time is now spreading amoung the simracing communities.

iOpener is still looking for the worlds best simracers to join their beta test program that's about to start soon. If you are interested in joining then you can sign up on the RTR website

Attachments

• sportbusinessinternational.jpg
    sportbusinessinternational.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 638
The retail version does not have clutch support. My G27 works fine with it tho. Split pedals and such.

too bad i wont see you online because you cant use your clutch....

If this is refering to my post, I didn't mention using the Clutch, at least not as a Clutch, I said I had to set the Clutch pedal as the Brake because the game would not recognise the Brake pedal on my G25 and that is STILL the case in the full retail game.

I think you will also find it doesn't support split axis either, put your foot on the brake and try to accelerate, not possible, hense no split Axis, very poor especially for a rally game.

Don't waste your money and wait for this game to be fixed BEFORE buying.

Regards

Just found this
WRC FIA World Rally Championship supports steering wheels compatible with DirectX®
or Immersion TouchSense® technology.
Please make sure you have installed the latest drivers from your steering wheel
manufacturer. Please also make sure that in the steering wheel properties panel
the pedals are set to operate in combination.
in the ReadMe, what a load of crap for a Rally Game, combined pedals went out in 1999 FFS, WRC2010 is pure Console Garbage!

Probably explains the lack of any copy protection, it's not worth protecting.

Finally got off my ass last night and made an EU account and downloaded the demo. Wooo!
Gave it a spin using my logitech pro wheel.
Graphics are forgivable. The sound is pretty bad, but not a deal breaker. Do real life co-drivers really insult the drivers while racing rather than calling pace notes? Huh?
My biggest complaint is the force feedback -- it's not nearly strong enough and makes me feel somewhat detached from the vehicle.
Gonna spend a few more hours with the game tonight, and hopefully I'll get a better feel for it.
I still think the title looks promising and I'll probably be buying this instead of GT5.

"Found this vid which actually makes the game look really good."

You're not wrong there!

After having quite a few goes at the demo (Jordan mostly) I think there is a much better game in there than first impressions imply, and the physics are quite good. But they need to sort out the separate pedal/wheel support quirks.

• Scott Norbury

I'm fed up of falling for these good looking Rally/Racing games/sims. How hard is it to get a driving game to work with a steering wheel!!! Does anybody have any suggestions to get this game to work correctly with a G25 on PC? I am unable to assign my brake pedal, how pants is that!!

• Scott Norbury

Been struggling to get WRC 2010 to use your G25 Brake pedal instead of Clutch pedal.

1. Using the Logitech Profiler create a profile for WRC 2010
2. At the bottom of the Profiler screen were it says Brake left click
3. Select Axis Properties
4. An options screen opens. At the bottom it says "Brake Mapped To" with a drop down box.
5. Select Clutch in the drop down box and OK.

This worked for me hope it helps those that are struggling with this game.

if you just put it back to defaults the brake pedal will work without being chosen

And the pc version is so much better with a wheel than the console version with the gamepad, on 360 it reminds me of V-Rally 3

This game is useless as it is right now, the way it was made its like those free games we get in a CornFlakes box on supermarket.
+2 years of development for this.......???
It can´t use correctly most common wheels on market, it has "combined" pedal (technology from last century), no programable buttons.
The PC version is just the XBox version adapted to PC, 3D graphics equal to those used in ColinMCrae 2, and the list go on and on, they should have listened to the users, theyr official blog have more than 1200 posts and they didn´t reply to a single one, we never heard any reply from them directly to users, wtf...
Even if they give it for free to everybody i doubht its going to have any succes even among arcaders or kids that don´t have any clue how is to drive a car, sad but true.
My only consolation is that i could suspend my reservation on time, its useless game, and thats is bad because the phisics on WRCs are insteresting and with a lot of work could be funny, not even close to RBR but fun.
BUT, only on WRC cars, the others, specialy FWD are awfull nothing to do with real FWD cars, believe me because i know what i´m talking about, car looks like going on a rail with an axle centered on the car instead of being phisically separated on 4 wheels.

Anyone been able to play over three screens? I found the config.ini (C:\users\username\appdata\roaming\blackbean\wrc) and amended the resolution, but the launcher over writes it with a single monitor resolution every time you run the game. I got around this by making the config read only.

Unfortunately when I start the game it turns into a slide show. Haven't even played the game yet as my G25 isn't detected, so I'll need to fix that next. Looks like this is a real bonafide xbox port. I cant even see the exit option in the menu, you have to press alt-f4 (correct me if I'm wrong).

Edit:

Ok it works if you turn of AA, but the game only renders up to 1080p so it seems there's no support for triple screens. :(

Anyone been able to play over three screens? I found the config.ini (C:\users\username\appdata\roaming\blackbean\wrc) and amended the resolution, but the launcher over writes it with a single monitor resolution every time you run the game. I got around this by making the config read only.

Unfortunately when I start the game it turns into a slide show. Haven't even played the game yet as my G25 isn't detected, so I'll need to fix that next. Looks like this is a real bonafide xbox port. I cant even see the exit option in the menu, you have to press alt-f4 (correct me if I'm wrong).

Edit:

Ok it works if you turn of AA, but the game only renders up to 1080p so it seems there's no support for triple screens. :(

Have you, or anybody else for that matter, managed to get into .dat files in the above file location to see if anything can be done about the poor wheel options?

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Watch party

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 1 4.3%