WRC4 WRC 4 The Game

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
OverTake
Premium
On the iOpener website there is a very interesting article about an upcoming World Rally Championship simulator:

World Rally Championship's next game: Racing live against rally heroes

The next generation WRC computer game will allow players to 'compete' in live rallies", states ISC chairman Neil Duncanson in the April version of SportBusiness International magazine. ISC, the global promoter of the World Rally Championship (WRC), mentions WRC's ultimate goal as building up an online gaming world championship alongside the real thing.
ISC and the computer gaming industry believe the next step in gaming is this 'live' competition between gamers and real drivers, made possible through iOpener's patented technology.
ISC CEO Simon Long says: "Now we are a global promoter, we want this to be multi-platform, multi-publisher, multi-territory."
For Long and Duncanson the new game is part of WRC's broader efforts to appeal new fans beyond the hardcore enthusiastics. FIA's chairman Max Mosley has said the virtual champion will be honoured at the WRC's annual end-of-season awards ceremony in Monaco.

Source: iOpener Media

Last April we already brought you the first news about iOpener Media's beta testers recruitment for their Real Time Racing project.

The news about this technology where virtual racers can compete against the real drivers on the track in real time is now spreading amoung the simracing communities.

iOpener is still looking for the worlds best simracers to join their beta test program that's about to start soon. If you are interested in joining then you can sign up on the RTR website

Attachments

• sportbusinessinternational.jpg
    sportbusinessinternational.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 638
Am after getting the demo ,for the life of me i cant find any wheel support in it,
It seems you can only play the demo with the keyboard or a controller.

In the readme these are all thats listed as supported

Supported peripherals:
Logitech Wingman Rumblepad
Logitech Dual Action
Saitek P880
Saitek P2500
Logitech Wingman Force 3D
Logitech Freedom 2.4 Cordless Joystick
Logitech Wingman Attack
Logitech Wingman Extreme Digital
Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

No wheels at all in the list only controllers

Anyone else have any luck ???

Am after getting the demo ,for the life of me i cant find any wheel support in it,
It seems you can only play the demo with the keyboard or a controller.

In the readme these are all thats listed as supported

Supported peripherals:
Logitech Wingman Rumblepad
Logitech Dual Action
Saitek P880
Saitek P2500
Logitech Wingman Force 3D
Logitech Freedom 2.4 Cordless Joystick
Logitech Wingman Attack
Logitech Wingman Extreme Digital
Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

No wheels at all in the list only controllers

Anyone else have any luck ???

Yeah. It's so tricky to set-up the wheels. :)

You have to into the Options/Controls. Where you set the keys, enter there. On the top, you will see the "Keyboard" text. Simply move the green line with the "Up" arrow to this "Keyboard" text, then push "Right" or "Left" arrow - then you will se a "Wheel1" text instead of "Keyboard". :)

Bram just few posts above :) watch #93

About the game... this never wouldnt be a sim it seems... the co-driver is screaming before the start "Get outta my way, champion is comming!!!" LOL... and those screams when you crash :D

The game looks terrible btw.... I really dont like it

But I am enjoying driving. Physic is simple, with difference between setups (good presets), I enjoyed drifting a lot but I dont like those stages.. Have you ever seen that wide roads in Finland? and FFB is better to turn off

I also had problems to map my pedals with G25, brake pedal is dead and for braking I had mapped my clutch pedal...

Haven't downloaded the demo and don't intend to..why?
Well after watching the demo online re:
It's pretty much confirmed what i was expecting.. a nice looking non-sim racer, great for those who wanna bit of no-fuss rally fun, after watching WRC rally shakdown.:)

I assume this was always the agenda from the beginning (most likely a directive frm WRC PR to Blackbean), given that if you want to attract more fans to a motorsport that is eager to increase it's worldwide audience, why offer a "entertainment" product that will only cater to a niche section of the market(sim), which would most likely put-off or frustrate a potential "WRC" rally fan.

Lets face it, chasing the advertising $$, worldwide audience rating's and competing with F1's marketshare is the no'1 priority for the "WRC" machine. However this is just opinion, maybe Blackbean intended the game to be as is? (non-sim, imo)

There is hope though for you rally sim types chk the following:

The vid shows the kind of physic's handling i was hoping for in "WRC", i hope you can see that the driver is finding it difficult to control the torque and hence he's all over the place, also the weight transfer physics look pretty good to (over-correction should punish the inexperienced in rally)
I quite like the sense of speed to, none of this get to 0-140km on gravel without to much effort in steering correction. Graphics, lighting and atmosphere look pretty amazing as well, and so it should be given the amount time they have had to polish it.

Sony please obtain the right's to another FIA sanctioned rally event and give us a sim rally classic that is worthy to replace RBR before i die. :rolleyes:

Sony please obtain the right's to another FIA sanctioned rally event and give us a sim rally classic that is worthy to replace RBR before i die. :rolleyes:

I'd be perfectly happy with a more simple solution. Just take the current RBR, include much of the RSRBR2010 content but with a more user friendly interface, and design more new Stages based on the additional countries used in the real WRC using the same RBR track design.

This would answer my Rally Sim dreams before I die. :rolleyes:

Yeah. It's so tricky to set-up the wheels. :)

You have to into the Options/Controls. Where you set the keys, enter there. On the top, you will see the "Keyboard" text. Simply move the green line with the "Up" arrow to this "Keyboard" text, then push "Right" or "Left" arrow - then you will se a "Wheel1" text instead of "Keyboard". :)

Strange, for me it doesnt find my G25 only keyboard and joypad..

Downloaded Demo last night and with my G25 I have to use the Clutch as the Brake. my mate couldn't use the brake at all on his Logitech Momo Racing which only has two pedals, two potential customers out of the window straight away. I kinda get the feeling this game doesn't like Split-Axis, this combined with the fact that the controller support list doesn't have G25, G27 or other wheel puts it straight in the Arcade\Console camp as far as I'm concerned. This glitch may just be in the demo but as usual I will try a Warez version before I waste my money on the full version.

I have driven many vehicles in my time and I don't recall any of them having a feature where you put your foot on the brake and when you've stopped it would automatically go into reverse. I have also never had a car where taking my foot off the accelerator would apply the brakes and eventually go into reverse, so WTF do game designers think this is a good idea\normal :rolleyes:

I hope the retail version of WRC has proper control settings including Split-Axis support.

Regards

I cant get to assign my controls for fanatec porsche 911 s. Even if i try (as said earlier, assiging doesnt show) but doesnt work either for me....

Sorry, forgot to mention, iv'e got the full game, arrived in my mailbox today. And the list of controllers include earlier Logitechs (dfpro,dfgt,G25) G27, Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S with clubsport connected to the wheel.

How do you exit out of it all together?

When I want to exit out of it, I have to alt+tab and shutdown the game process.

Alt-F4 gives you a question if you want to exit.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 37 30.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 21 17.1%
  • Watch party

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 1 0.8%