WRC 8 Mods

WRC8 WRC 8 Mods v11.0 = DRIVERS EDITION = (EPIC STORE)

Login or Register an account to download this content
AWESOME !

- I like very much the new water drops on the windscreen, smaller feels so more beauty.
- About the rain mod, it's now more subtile.
- About the ground reflection, it's very nice, the tarmac were too much bright, but the dirt ground from Mexico has no not enough reflection, is it possible to add a separate setting : dirt and asphalt setting ? (I have tested the v.1.)
-The smoke flares and particles mod have no the default untick option.

thank you very much

Last edited:
AWESOME !

- I like very much the new water drops on the windscreen, smaller feels so more beauty.
- About the rain mod, it's now more subtile.
- About the ground reflection, it's very nice, the tarmac were too much bright, but the dirt ground from Mexico has no not enough reflection, is it possible to add a separate setting : dirt and asphalt setting ? (I have tested the v.1.)
-The smoke flares and particles mod have no the default untick option.

Unfortunately there is no way to separate the reflections, 4 shaders handle all reflections for all the stages. I would spend hours and hours getting monte carlo/tarmac/storm/noon to look incredible (better than whats in the mod now!) only to load into another stage location with different conditions for all my work to be undone and it all look terrible. I had to work hard to try to find a balance.

Great spot on the flares and particles mod, yes bug, there is always 1 that slips through :D
I will fix it now, thanks. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
thank you very much, it's the best support I have seen.

PS: can you replace the cockpit "splash" sound under rain by the one for the bonnet cam ? the "splash" sound with cockpit cam is just so ugly.

Thank you for the fast bug report :thumbsup:

Sound is on my list of things to do in future.

One of my hobbies is sound engineering so i have lots of experience and software to do some amazing mods to this games sound.

Any FMOD experts on here want to help? I have tools to unpack the sound files and i can mod them but i need to spend some time learning how to repack the modded sounds correctly into the FMOD format.

Thanks for the new Mod!!!!

Can you tell if the Real Rain mod as impact in performance?

Game shader mods should not impact performance at all as they are already part of the game engine.

ReShade Sharpen and Depth of field will impact performance slightly.

Dont forget that all mods can be tested and uninstalled as you want.

Last edited:
At work today :D

20200109_125851.jpg

20200109_125814.jpg

yes I live in Wales :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thank you again for the V8 MOD, will try it today after work :thumbsup:
I have uploaded another video with the V7 MOD. I assume physics are the same. Don't hesitate to stick it with the Mod description

You wrote that you will work on the sound of the game ? What an amazing news !
Concerning FMOD I would love to bring some help but I don't know anything about it.

Can't wait to see more from you AgentHeX 0007 ;) ;)

Sound is on my list of things to do in future.

One of my hobbies is sound engineering so i have lots of experience and software to do some amazing mods to this games sound.

Any FMOD experts on here want to help? I have tools to unpack the sound files and i can mod them but i need to spend some time learning how to repack the modded sounds correctly into the FMOD format.

@AgentHex0007 thanks for this new update which is a great job.

I'm a well known sound modder in the flight simulation world and I've recreated the entire sound library of "Il2 great battles" for my personal use which is based on Fmod Studio:

See this example on my little youtube channel:

Although it's a huge amount of work I was able to create this mod because I have access to the "who does what" command files.
I think it's possible to do the same thing for wrc 8 as long as you have all the sound command lines.

Is this possible in the current state i.e. with all the files from wrc 8 that have been extracted.?

Although it's a huge amount of work I was able to create this mod because I have access to the "who does what" command files.
I think it's possible to do the same thing for wrc 8 as long as you have all the sound command lines.

Is this possible in the current state i.e. with all the files from wrc 8 that have been extracted.?

Maybe you can take a look at the files in the WIN32\Sounds folder of the game.

The things we need to mod are .bank files and inside them are .fsb files. and inside these are the .ogg files

I extracted some of the games sound files just out of curiosity using some command line tools and i also installed fmod studio but have not had time to progress any further

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 250 34.3%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 197 27.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 138 19.0%
  • Watch party

Votes: 60 8.2%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 18 2.5%