X-Motor Racing

A1zm7tRCYAALC7w.jpg

Now we've got a lotus to drive... light and nimble great contrast to the Corvette ZR1 :thumbsup:
Will have to have a drive in the morning ...:sleep::sleep:

Its not my work...(i wish i had the talent to do this):(

I just really like this sim and what you can do with it ..(but to be honest i don't understand allot of if) but i'm trying....
I was not expecting another car to appear so soon after the vette,
I was online in the RD server doing a few laps in GTL and Knut Omdal Tveito and talking on t/speak and we got talking about things as you do, we got onto tyres and what can be done with rFactor 2 and i drew a comparison to XMR. And then Knut mentioned a lotus had been released and how good it looked.

So its down to Knut not me really.:thumbsup:

I had not seen this... so just before bed i went onto Kammers place for a look WOW... and promptly downloaded ..Eugene had also posted it on his website, that were the pic came from.... i was just spreading the word...
This sim is starting to get more of people attention..AND SO IT SHOULD.. imo
And as many must of seen this Eugene moves heaven and earth to give us what we want and with constant updates and visible improvements makes me glad to be part of this Sim..:D

After a hard day filling out forms Ive just had a blast with the lotus :thumbsup: it is so light and agile ,, it almost feels a bit strange after a comparison drive in the vette, the FFB is there but this also feels a lot lighter. at times it fells like there's to much grip in places. (please be aware im maybe not the best at describing FFB ) but i feel there,s good weight transfer when changing direction and in breaking and acceleration, my wheel kind of loads up and releases... i can feel the point when it breaks traction and control a slide more than in the vette..(which is still being tested by Eugene) or maybe the vette is a bit to powerful for me:D in short i like it:thumbsup:

I have to agree with you Rupe, the content of this game is expanding beautifully. Now, the only downside of this is that the first set of cars it came with, the slower FWDs seem more and more left behind physics and graphics wise, which is a pitty. Fingers crossed maybe XMRs misterious modders will make a nice addition in this area too.

And a minor thing, I really miss seeing these cars in replay from TV view, on all the nice new tacks added lately, I think only D-park has it.

I also think the simulated steering asist in the Lotus is lightening a bit too much the FFB. Sure one can adjust the FFB settings, but I prefer using what the mod maked intended.

Im sorry but youve lost me on this one..im not upto speed on the tech jargen..
FFB ok
the simulated steering asist in the Lotus is lightening a bit too much ?
ive seen this explained in forza 4 on catching a slide or overcooking it when on the gas, i didnt think XMR was using this... as ive said im not up to speed on all of this , could sombody explain more ..

Rupe, FFB in XMR = Load Gain*wl_g + LateralForce Gain*lf_g + TractiveForce Gain*tf_g + AligningMoment Gain*al_g + Effects Gain*e_g.
Where: wl_g – wheel load, depends on the car;
lf_g – lateral force, depends on the car;
tf_g – tractive force, depends on the car;
al_g – aligning moment, depends on the car;
e_g – effects.
You can influence on the FFB by changing Load Gain, LateralForce Gain, TractiveForce Gain, AligningMoment Gain and Effects Gain. By default these values are equal to 1.

You can change them globally for all the cars(in the menu->options->controls->FFB/Zones) or for a single car separately (in VehiclePhysics->Steering->FFB Adjustment).

For example, try just to change some of these values in VehiclePhysics->Steering->FFB Adjustment and you will get different FFB. Especially Load Gain, Lateral Force Gain and AligningMoment Gain.
You can download here new physics file for the Lotus Exige that has stronger FFB:
http://www.mediafire.com/?depi0ay4ek8dkpn

As in picture below:
ffbd.jpg

thanks Eugene, i do play with these setting as i have with most and felt the different effects..

It was the wording of "simulated steering assist" that i was getting confused about..
i associate this to mean that my input to the wheel is being altered in game like it was in forza..

Rupe and Eugene,
Compared to the other cars FFB, the Lotus seems signifficantly lighter(less strong) on the G27. And I know that different production cars have different levels and types of steering assist(which tends to cancel out the forces form the tyres to the wheel). It's harder for me to believe that the physics of the car only, cause the big difference in FFB strenght, and I assumed that maybe the Lotus has in real life more assist than the other models.

I dont say its better or worse, I'll play it as the developer/modder intended it to be.

Andy, you have to believe that.
Especially weight and weight distribution influence on FFB.
Lotus is a light car, its sprung mass is equal to 920 kg and weight distribution is equal to 0.38.
So, front wheels load 920*0.38*9.81 = 3429 N in normal situation.
BMW M3 has a mass of 1550 kg and weight distribution = 0.51.
So, front wheels load = 1550*0.51*9.81 = 7754 N.
7754 N is 2.26 times more than 3429 N.

Thanks Eugene, that 2.26 coefficient seems to match difference in the FFB feel. I thought that the model takes into account an impact of a factory steering assist in the FFB for each car model, but as you say, I was wrong.

My mind is in meltdown understanding this but it is sinking in slowly, i could feel the difference between the two cars, but didn't know why. thanks for helping me Andy, Eugene..:)

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 247 34.2%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 196 27.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 137 19.0%
  • Watch party

Votes: 59 8.2%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 18 2.5%