X-Motor Racing

Very impressive car. But I need more time to test it carefully.

h_xmr_mod20.jpg

this car around the Ring is a blast. For its crazy amount of torque its too controllable imo. On the straight I reached 320 km/h, is it really possible in a Corvette?

I tried lately lots of cars in rFactor on exactly the same Ring track, and I have to say XMR is so much easier(and fun) to play. Still there is only one reality, so one of the two physics models must be off (either only one or both) :)

Rupe, I think the revs are peaking when the wheel loses contact with the track. I noticed similar things on other models and I can only link it's caused by too low momentum of the engine (maybe there is a more technical definition). I would expect due to this momentum, revs to react slower, more gradually, at the loss of grip, this way those jumps in revs would not look so unnatural.

this car around the Ring is a blast. For its crazy amount of torque its too controllable imo. On the straight I reached 320 km/h, is it really possible in a Corvette?

I tried lately lots of cars in rFactor on exactly the same Ring track, and I have to say XMR is so much easier(and fun) to play. Still there is only one reality, so one of the two physics models must be off (either only one or both) :)

None, actually.

The car is new in XMR (Eugene said he had to test it further), probably needs some tuning of the engine. All it takes is for a model (regardless of physics engine) to have the wrong power to weight ratio and accelerations/decelerations and lap times are obviously off. Then we have aerodynamics and tire physics calibration too to consider, but a "simple" power to weight ratio misstep is all it takes.

Eugene's (and Vebel's math, I think) physics engine is really good, really good, but people should not discount isiMotor2 just yet - the right people do make it work superbly.

That is hypercar speed, fantastic show by 638bhp.

However, the main straight at the Ring is not THIS long, so it doesn't seem likely it would reach 320 kph there.

I have another one question :redface:
Now translation is almost complete, and the question is about countries. After their translation the sort of them by name is wrong, is there any way to right sort?
I have already tried to change place row with code and name, but no result.
Also not sure about some rows:
1. "0x000F0015, CNT" is CNT mean Count, driver number?
2. every race menu block have a line contain "race way" , "0x00800003, RACE WAY" . i havent license yet, and cant change this parametr. what doing this line exectly?
And im not sure, is this possible, but.. is any way to change 1251 fontpack to something looks like 1252?
Regard, Alexey

The fabulous Koenigsegg Agera hit 401 kph at the Döttinger Höhe. The McLaren mp4-12c hit 350kph there.

I remember the video of the ZR1 beating the lap time at the Nordschleife showing a 180 mph max speed (a lot below 320 hph, around 289 kph).

Eugene, you were right about the top speed BUT I just reached it in the game in 35 seconds not in 1.15 min as the video. So there is something off. Still, this was not my main point, I guess there is a quick fix for it.

@Chronus
My main point was about the handling of the cars. Because it is so different beween the two games (and yes rFactor has many mods but I doubt you can find one to feel like XMR) that it logically can only mean that either one or both are different from reality, which is only one, right? And no need to get defensive :) , I'm not trying to ditch any of them, I have huge respect for all devs and physics modelers.

@Chronus
My main point was about the handling of the cars. Because it is so different beween the two games (and yes rFactor has many mods but I doubt you can find one to feel like XMR) that it logically can only mean that either one or both are different from reality, which is only one, right? And no need to get defensive :) , I'm not trying to ditch any of them, I have huge respect for all devs and physics modelers.

First off, bud, what's to be defensive about? :rolleyes:

Two good physics engines, two good platforms, all different. Both work.

Secondly, you misunderstood the post. Your opinion of the handling of these cars (rFactor's or XMR's) is valid, I got nothing against it. I was however pointing out that you should not conclude from your experience with this car that one of the "physics models" is off. I pointed out it could be as simple as a power to weight ratio issue.

Why the heck some people misconstrue simple reminders is beyond me. :geek:

It can't be power to weight ratio only, imagine a power to weight ratio knob and by tweaking it you go from XMR to rF....unlikely. How about tyre physics and FFB implementation? I'll bet on these ones.

And we're not buds, we're barely sim racing co-hobbysts, so let's stay polite and constructive, it will work best keeping the XMR forum healthy.;)

It can't be power to weight ratio only, imagine a power to weight ratio knob and by tweaking it you go from XMR to rF....unlikely. How about tyre physics and FFB implementation? I'll bet on these ones.

Bud, co-hobbyist, or whoever you are, cool off.

So, after all, your "huge respect for all devs and physics modelers" finally clarifies itself: there must be another problem, you say, otherwise how to justify going from XMR physics to rF?

Eugene may think differently, I understand why if he does, but it is clear you're here to cause trouble. If you are not, better rethink how you post (not to mention, educate yourself on the subject of racing physics, though it is clear you believe you know as much about it as the developers themselves:rolleyes: ).

You take good care of yourself, now.

You're unable to have a logical debate on a subject without ofending the participants, most likely due to serious understanding and selfconfidence issues...a combination among the worst for people who interact with you.

Starting now, Chronus posts ignored.

Eugene, maybe something of interest:

As a modder, I am always interested in videos showing the braking and lateral forces, so the first one is interesting.

The last one is quite dramatic and may be of help for the issue at hand.

Hello, :D
Eugene Ive been trying to make a little film with fraps of my escapades round the D-Park in the MIGHTY ZR1. this is fastly becoming my favorite car.... and am sure with a few tweaks it will be awesome...
Is there a possibility to have the camera modes set to individual keys on the number pad
it gets a bit confusing clicking the same button to find the free mode and then back to a
swing cam etc...
it has also crashed the exe a few times whilst in this process.. i think my fault ...:(
i was using the replay mode as apposed to in game replay...

Hi Rupe,

I'm afraid, but the current version doesn't allow to set individual keys to cameras.
I think it's possible to define a key combination to camera.
It seems XMR can crash in replay mode. I will try to fix that also.
As for me, I liked Corvette ZR1 too.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 242 34.0%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 195 27.4%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 134 18.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 58 8.2%
  • At a friends house