2014 driver numbers

Keke Rosberg won the championship in car 6, and Nico is using that number. I don't know if this is coincidence or deliberate, but I'm guessing the latter.

But If Mercedes will win the title this year and only 2 championships ago gave Schumi an almost indecent car I'll hate Mercedes as 1 of my greater enemies. :mad:

Keke Rosberg won the championship in car 6, and Nico is using that number. I don't know if this is coincidence or deliberate, but I'm guessing the latter.
Yep, he uses #6 for a variety of reasons, including that Keke won with #6

from AUTOSPORT live:
Rosberg has now pitted the Mercedes. Perhaps a good time to remind ourselves why he selected to race with number six:
"My Dad wrote me an email in the winter saying it had been a lucky number for him when he became world champion, but that didn't convince me.
"Then my fiancee said it was her lucky number, too, so that got me thinking a bit more! And then I remembered that I won a championship with this number back in 2002. Hopefully that will be the key to an easy season!"

you can find that line here: http://live.autosport.com/commentary.php/id/692 please refer to timestamp 12:42 :D

Some of the test driver numbers have been confirmed too (That or someone has trolled Wikipedia)
  • Robin Frijns - 46
  • Daniel Juncadella - 34
  • Giedo Van Der Garde - 55
  • Felipe Nasr - 40
  • Susie Wolff - 41

I guess because Merhi is a test driver, and Lotterer was a race driver. Maybe there's a difference in that. They didn't compete at the same weekend either, did they? That could be another factor.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 32 16.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 26 13.4%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 27 13.9%
  • Friday

Votes: 69 35.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 108 55.7%