2018 Formula One Japanese Grand Prix

First time I voted for Vettel... Oh my, what have I done!?

But by the looks of it, Lewis is gonna win this one, again...

I wish him back to back DNF! :sneaky: Not that I'm a bad person or Lewis hater or a Ferrari fan. But I can't seem to get over the team order they did. Ocon better go to Williams and find his own way there. Him going to Merc in the future promises nothing but another push over while Ham is still around. I'd like Merc to win the championship in a fist fight, not this overkill nonsense atomic bomb on Hiroshima shut them down and surrender.

Quote of the Year
Vettel: I’m not a big fan of DRS, so I don’t know. Now we are in Japan, I think Mario Kart, if you remember, it might be more fun to throw bananas out of the cockpit, so maybe it’s a better idea to have bananas than DRS.
Right there, he solidified the championship.

Lewis Hamilton. I would have gone with Bottas to win but, yeah know, team orders. And what is with Ricciardo on the second half of the season. It's like his car is falling apart under him.

Ricciardo is just unlucky champion this year, obviously but what's with the Vettel my God ? Again ? Someone has asking for a rain, like that would make whole weekend much more exciting and... there you have it, who's on pole ? Again. Where's Vettel ? Again.

And what is with Ricciardo on the second half of the season. It's like his car is falling apart under him.

You forget he's not with the team next year. Red Bull will now only focus on the driver who will stay for 2019. I've seen this so many countless times it's not unusual in F1, especially with top teams I'm afraid. He's probably being excluded from technical de-briefs, etc. He's a top level driver but the team will not involve him in things anyway as much as there were before he announced he was leaving.

I was watching a great video last night by Peter Windsor and what they believe has happened to Ferrari. The stage two and three engines were running very clever hybrid systems and were boosting the cars down the straights (gains of up to half a second on some tracks). There is a feeling that the cars run a second hybrid battery and this combined with the way the hybrid was working was acting as a an extra power boost for them. The top teams were watching GPS traces of the cars and the Ferrari's were gaining top speed halfway down the straight when the other cars were running out of power.

There is a feeling that the FIA may have felt that this was against the spirit of the rules and have asked Ferrari to switch it off (or tone it down). The cars are now also covered with lots of extra FIA sensors to watch what the teams are doing with their hybrid systems and whether they are legal.

Since the installation of the extra FIA mandated sensors on the cars, Ferrari have not run the system, and that was just after Monza....the Ferraris now run out of steam and don't keep accelerating the way they were before.

So whatever advantage they had has now been destroyed by the FIA. Mercedes are now in the pound seats and nothing will stop them.

....and that's why I'll be watching Bathurst...:laugh::)

Haters can only go on about team orders forgetting Lewis put in the hard work when it mattered. Maybe Redbull will give Max orders to let Vettel past .. Lol

Lewis Hamilton. I would have gone with Bottas to win but, yeah know, team orders. And what is with Ricciardo on the second half of the season. It's like his car is falling apart under him.

The reason that he leaves the team is Max. 14 -3 in qualificayion. Need I say more.

The reason that he leaves the team is Max. 14 -3 in qualificayion. Need I say more.

Daniel has simply been given the trash car since Redbull decided to bet on the wrong horse.
Max had the trash car in the begining and we all saw his love for the armco barriers. Daniel on the other end keeps the car safe and is race colleagues.
Redbull will go down in F1 history pretty soon. Can't wait to see them go away.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 184 66.9%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 118 42.9%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 127 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 54 19.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 76 27.6%
Back