2019 Formula One Belgian Grand Prix

R.I.P. Hubert. Was so shocked when i seen the incident.
Still get goosebumps when i think of the indicent.
Casted a shadow over my weekend.

Always wondered why such critical corners are never cleaned betweens racing sessions.with streetsweeper trucks (huge vacuumcleaners aboard). Such a multimillion dollar event would not have any trouble to rent a bunch of these things for a weekend.
Coming out on the blind Au Rougue corner just a few inches to wide, with distorted downforce because of the cars around you. Than you end up driving on marbles and sand instead of your tires. Your car is already having a huge upwards mass combined with a really highspeed. Ending up on the outside is almost always a one way ticket to the barriers. Even in the sim with less dirt and a static road it's hard to keep the car where you need it to be if you are just outside of the ideal line.

And now a massive crash in f3 at blanchimont, driver luckily ok but of to the medical centre for checks. Spa 2019 is slowly giving me an imola 94 feeling..
That was bad, his car was literally under the barriers! i believe there was something wrong with them, you shouldn't be able to go underneath them with your car! i saw the footage and the pictures before its news and i was so scared to see another bad news,happy to see he is ok.

That was bad, his car was literally under the barriers! i believe there was something wrong with them, you shouldn't be able to go underneath them with your car! i saw the footage and the pictures before its news and i was so scared to see another bad news,happy to see he is ok.
it's the advantage and the disadvantage of the halo displayed at the same time, it protected the drivers head against the tyres, but together with how low the nose of F3 cars are it works as an additional ramp which digs the car under those tyres. overall it did it's work and the driver is alive and that's all that matters

it's the advantage and the disadvantage of the halo displayed at the same time, it protected the drivers head against the tyres, but together with how low the nose of F3 cars are it works as an additional ramp which digs the car under those tyres. overall it did it's work and the driver is alive and that's all that matters
Yes exactly, halo did its job, crashing into a simple curtain(like the one on the barriers) can be lethal at more than 150Km/h without something like halo, let alone the tyres.

respect for F1 there in that spa intro, replaced the la source action zone video from last years start crash to a raikkonen-hamilton battle from 2008, no focus on massive crashes at the moment, can appreciate that :thumbsup:

Saying anything critical of Max around here is risky business, but I'm wondering how prudent that was to head up the hill with clearly dodgy steering.

I don't understand Max :)
Had an awfull start, and punted out Kimi at 1st corner...
If Vettel's move at Suzuka 2018 was not on.. what was this then?

Last edited:
Lewis's speed at the kemmel with DRS was pathetic chasing vettel :| how about new +20HP PU for ferrari at monza lol
Well, it seems they are doing it again to leclerc, i hope not this time!

Last edited:
Still plenty of time left, but it's been an ok race so far. Long ways off from an all time classic, but also not terrible. I could live with this as a baseline, I think.

Gasly should be quite proud of himself. I have been very critical of Pierre, but I'm kind of hoping he finishes as the lead RB/TR car. I must be getting soft! :p

Man Lewis was on the charge there in the end, but very happy for Leclerc! It's about time he got to that top step, but seemingly a bittersweet victory with the passing of Antoine. May he RIP.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 188 87.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 34 15.9%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 30 14.0%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 59 27.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 73 34.1%