2019 Formula One German Grand Prix

Force India hasn't had much appreciation around here for a while, but did Canada do ok today to get 4th. Yes, well done :thumbsup:
Verstappen is quickly catching LH in the poll there.

FIA can scrap the whole aero changes and budget caps plans. All they need are sprinklers on all the tracks activated randomly with various power to provide great spectacle and drama. Paul Ricard is ready for those new regulations - again Mr Ecclestone knew what he was doing!
f1-2016-pirelli-test-paul-ricard-circuit.jpg

Last edited:
a very fantastic day of motorsport. Spa 24h was very exciting. This race too. almost couldn't catch up both because both races were thrilling & exciting lol

It's a really tough call, but I'd give it to Vettel for his return to form...he drove like a champion today and he, the one "who sucks unless everything is perfect" as the naysayers liked to chant, didn't have a spin the whole race (and can't say the same for Max, who is one of the "rain-masters"). To go from 20th to 2nd in the rain is quite the feat, especially given what happened to him last year. He would have finally gotten his win at home if the car didn't go to s#!^ during qualifying.
Vettel had a great race, and he did not have a spin, but... in the last lap he went off track when trying to set the best lap, so his race was not without faults.;)

What a race all drivers on the podium started at Toro Rosso!

As an update Hamilton got 2 points, after the Alfa drivers got caught cheating, quite honestly after what hamilton did with driving into the pits illegally to the left of the post I have no idea how the FIA let him off with that and a 5 second penalty which trust me was violated by the front right wheel man touching the wheel! I would add on another 25 seconds for that too because I caught it on the F1 program!

Yes I am being a bit overly critical here but well autistic natures kick in with Formula 1 and I can pick up on tiny details in things

Last edited:
This race was one of the most entertaining i've EVER seen,
and i'm watching F1 since 1995. Such a chaotic race is quite
unusual for modern F1 and i must admit it was kind of refreshing
to see how even Mercedes completely lose track and stumble
around uncoordinatedly in the pits. Looks like only nature can stop
them, heat and rain make Mercedes appear earthly again.

Congrats to Verstappen, deserved win despite a nice 360! He's
indeed an exceptional race driver, look how far Gasly is always back,
can actually only remind me of Alonso/Vandoorne last year where
one teammate dominated the other so much, at least in recent years.

I'm especially happy for Vettel on 2nd. Was never a Vettel fan (even
though from Germany), when he drove for RB Webber and Ricciardo
were my guys.
But since Hockenheim last year where his negative run of own
mistakes, team mistakes and bad luck has started, he managed to
soften my heart, partly also because he gets sometimes overly
critisized. PART of the truth though is that the Ferrari is a car which is
hard to drive, at least harder than the other two top teams, so they
tend to overdrive the car more often. LeClerc isn't without mistakes
either.
Sure Vettel had luck but in a race where almost everyone made a
mistake he didn't. Clean overtakes and the right decisions to the right
time were other factors for his journey from 20th to 2nd.

This race was so crazy and full of incidents and accidents that it
seems impossible to pick up everything what happened, i've forgotten
a lot of stuff already.
WHAT A RACE

• Deleted member 963059

It's a really tough call, but I'd give it to Vettel for his return to form...he drove like a champion today and he, the one "who sucks unless everything is perfect" as the naysayers liked to chant, didn't have a spin the whole race (and can't say the same for Max, who is one of the "rain-masters"). To go from 20th to 2nd in the rain is quite the feat, especially given what happened to him last year. He would have finally gotten his win at home if the car didn't go to s#!^ during qualifying.

These conditions are just tricky and even the best can make mistakes.
Hamilton even spun twice, and he is the real rain king according to the experts right? Max was on yellow tires, makes a difference don't you think? Anyway, sure good race from Vettel, he needed this and well deserved.

LH got 2 points from the race after all, from probably his worst race in F1. I guess they will paint the front nose silver again after today.

And....
Kubica 1 point - williams first of the year and puts him ahead of george russell.

RK could now be favorite for the 2nd merc seat next year after today's performance.

Karma For Hamilton From Last Year and Canada GP
Yeah but Lewis didn't whine about it, and he didn't act like a damned fool after the race. Also he did finish unlike Vettel last year. At least Lewis has the reasoning of making a mistake because of unsafe wet conditions where at least 8 drivers retired. Vettel has no excuse except that he is prone to making mistakes.

Hey but at least I will see what my boy Vettel can do in a last to podium challenge. Let's hope he doesn't forget to put AI on lower than 100. Like, in Monza he had a spin and he had to recover from last place if I am not wrong, while Hamilton started 14th last year in Germany. But Hamilton once started from pitlane in Brazil 2017 and didn't got the win, but only got P4. So my hope is this: the track is partly rainy like last year, Hamilton has his first DNF since ages, Verstappen takes the win, Charles comes 2nd after having an amazing comeback and overtaking Gasly and Bottas, Vettel manages P4.
Man, part of this prophecy were so true in the end. I might be better off becoming a psychic.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 38 8.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 7.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.2%