Paul Jeffrey

Premium
16 ACC Merc Rain.jpg 17 ACC Audi Rain.jpg 18 ACC Rain Race.jpg 21 ACC Night Race.jpg 14 ACC Audi Night.jpg 24 ACC Dusk.jpg
Marco Massarutto has confirmed more Assetto Corsa Competizione news will be coming in the next weeks during this latest interview with technology giants Nvidia...

During the brief interview video with Nvidia presenter Julian Huguet recently, Kunos Simulazioni Co-Founder Marco Massarutto has revealed some interesting insight into the highly anticipated new title from the makers of Assetto Corsa, including confirmation that the studio continue to target a "late summer" 2018 Early Access release date, and going on to mention that more news about the new simulation should be revealed in the next few weeks.

Already we've seen quite a bit of footage from ACC thanks to the various launch and reveal events around the world, and again this latest interview with Nvidia gives players another glimpse at what promises to be a highly polished visual treat, building on the already exceptionally solid foundations of Assetto Corsa as the Italian team move to the powerful Unreal 4 game engine - a first for the studio and yet another notable developer making use of this mightily potent engine for a sim racing game.

Sit back and enjoy the new footage as we continue to eagerly await more news about ACC in the coming days and weeks...

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Last edited:
I am also very curious about this...it's always been a pain to have to exit a race session in AC to adjust controls or whether or not I want to see the virtual wheel...depending on the track and number of cars to be loaded, that's another minute or two to change settings and reload the session.

For example: In your previous session you drove a modern F1 car (display on the wheel itself) so you want to see the virtual wheel, but then you now want to drive a 911 GT3 (display on the dash) but forgot to turn off the virtual wheel...so you exit the session, fix that and reload, to then realize you also switched your physical wheel on your rig to match the sim from a formula-style rim to a round wheel and forgot to change the controller preset to match...:O_o:...Yes I know; you could just remember to do this every time you switch cars but hey, mistakes happen. Don't even talk about if you try a car that's unfamiliar to you and you don't know what kind of wheel or display it uses before loading the session...or a particular car's brakes locks up at a much shorter throw than most other cars, so you want to adjust the brake sensitivity curve...

It may sound like impatience and nitpicking, but I know lots of us have family lives and put a premium on the time we can spend doing this hobby we love; little things like this add up. I love Assetto Corsa...but considering most, if not all of the other current sims (I know AMS, RF2, R3E and iRacing for sure) allow you to change any setting while in session except for video settings and current track rules, I hope this process is changed in ACC.
To have to go back to the main menu to alter settings is a typical console feature.

Believe me, I was also unconvinced. I watched the videos and didn't think VR was a big deal. Then I bought a headset during a sale from a store with a no-questions return policy to test it out. I had every intention of taking it back if I didn't like it. First sim session starts, I immediately scoff at the graphics and think, "No way! I want my 4K back." Then I took it for a drive on my favorite track, one I had been driving for years, and it felt like I was seeing it for the first time. I wasn't even halfway through the lap when I realized I was never going back to 2D screens. And I sh!t you not....
Thank you for this precise and with personal touch description. :)
I don't have VR. One beautiful sunny day perhaps...
2D racing can't deliver that--you're always watching through a window.
Maybe not a best comparison huh, through the window you still looking in 3D. :geek:

I dont expect a revolution on the damage model at EA but would love if Stefano pulled another rabbit from the hat and during EA improved the collision system, its my biggest gripe with AC atm... not talking about soft body physics ofc but some kind of improvement in terms of simulating on a more believable way collisions, its a monster task i know, but would be cool to see some kind of revolution in that area too.. that and a bit better netcode, its already quite good but sometimes when you are close to another car even with apparent good connections the car seems to move back and forward by a few meters ... anyway, bring on EA :)

Believe me, I was also unconvinced. I watched the videos and didn't think VR was a big deal. Then I bought a headset during a sale from a store with a no-questions return policy to test it out. I had every intention of taking it back if I didn't like it. First sim session starts, I immediately scoff at the graphics and think, "No way! I want my 4K back." Then I took it for a drive on my favorite track, one I had been driving for years, and it felt like I was seeing it for the first time. I wasn't even halfway through the lap when I realized I was never going back to 2D screens. And I sh!t you not... I never did. I loved AMS, but I haven't played it since I got VR, because of that. :(

Funny thing is...now, when I see 2D racing, it looks like a game to me. In my mind, when I think of sims, I think VR. And I stress... In my mind. I am not saying 2D racing isn't sim racing. Just that the highly immersive visual experience of VR now looks better than 3D to me, despite the lower resolution, because VR graphics are about more than resolution and clarity. Realistic depth, facilitating the ability to triangulate and use your hand-eye coordination in a natural manner, engages your brain in a different way. Your mind fills in the blanks around the experience. 2D can never do that, because you're always visually aware of the world beyond the screen. With VR, you not only feel like you're in the race car, but the background world goes out-of-sight-out-of-mind, and that transports you. The better your rig, the more your brain has to work with to fill in the blanks. 2D racing can't deliver that--you're always watching through a window.
Best comment of this thread. Cant say better then you on VR!

Thank you for this precise and with personal touch description. :)
I don't have VR. One beautiful sunny day perhaps...

Maybe not a best comparison huh, through the window you still looking in 3D. :geek:
What I meant was that when you look through a window, you're always aware that you aren't in the room you're looking into. You're on the outside, looking in. :)

actually it is a limitation that has been in my (PC only) games for the last 20 years. :D

But I am sure the narrative makes perfect sense in your head so.. please continue and enlighten/entertain us.

I think he means partial controls. In RE3 and PCars, you can make adjustments to a lot of things--FFB controls, button assignments, etc--without leaving the race session. This is extremely convenient and save a lot of time. Hopefully ACC, allows for the same.

G4560/1050ti.
Agreed I think it will be fine if we turn settings down accordingly.

It will not be fine in VR for AC/ACC, which was Isaac expressed. It might work while strugling, and at very low settings. A 970 or 1060 minimum for ACC is my guess, I have the 970 meself and run on pretty good overall settings in AC, no post process though.

Believe me, I was also unconvinced. I watched the videos and didn't think VR was a big deal. Then I bought a headset during a sale from a store with a no-questions return policy to test it out. I had every intention of taking it back if I didn't like it. First sim session starts, I immediately scoff at the graphics and think, "No way! I want my 4K back." Then I took it for a drive on my favorite track, one I had been driving for years, and it felt like I was seeing it for the first time. I wasn't even halfway through the lap when I realized I was never going back to 2D screens. And I sh!t you not... I never did. I loved AMS, but I haven't played it since I got VR, because of that. :(

Funny thing is...now, when I see 2D racing, it looks like a game to me. In my mind, when I think of sims, I think VR. And I stress... In my mind. I am not saying 2D racing isn't sim racing. Just that the highly immersive visual experience of VR now looks better than 3D to me, despite the lower resolution, because VR graphics are about more than resolution and clarity. Realistic depth, facilitating the ability to triangulate and use your hand-eye coordination in a natural manner, engages your brain in a different way. Your mind fills in the blanks around the experience. 2D can never do that, because you're always visually aware of the world beyond the screen. With VR, you not only feel like you're in the race car, but the background world goes out-of-sight-out-of-mind, and that transports you. The better your rig, the more your brain has to work with to fill in the blanks. 2D racing can't deliver that--you're always watching through a window.
Same like you will never go back use your hand after you have a girl friend.

I just have a 1050ti in my box as well. How do think our 1050s will handle ACC?
Actually you will be find out about that when you get the game, if it is not up to your standards, then will be the time to do something about it. Nothing that any body here think will make any difference.
I have a card that most here would say is not enough for VR and I am having a great time with it, they probably would to, but it is so cool to talk about High End, you know.
Or if one of us tells you to buy a gtx 1080 ti, will you? will you jump too?
Now about your question, do I think that a 1050 ti will work fine with ACC for you, well it depends, but it depends mostly on you and your expectations, so I don't know and nobody else does either, it would probably be fine for me, but who knows?

It will not be fine in VR for AC/ACC, which was Isaac expressed. It might work while strugling, and at very low settings. A 970 or 1060 minimum for ACC is my guess, I have the 970 meself and run on pretty good overall settings in AC, no post process though.

I have no interest in VR, my 27" single in 1080p should be fine. It's pushing 100fps out with AC on medium/high now.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 44 66.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 27 40.9%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 31 47.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 15 22.7%
Back