Paul Jeffrey

Premium
16 ACC Merc Rain.jpg 17 ACC Audi Rain.jpg 18 ACC Rain Race.jpg 21 ACC Night Race.jpg 14 ACC Audi Night.jpg 24 ACC Dusk.jpg
Marco Massarutto has confirmed more Assetto Corsa Competizione news will be coming in the next weeks during this latest interview with technology giants Nvidia...

During the brief interview video with Nvidia presenter Julian Huguet recently, Kunos Simulazioni Co-Founder Marco Massarutto has revealed some interesting insight into the highly anticipated new title from the makers of Assetto Corsa, including confirmation that the studio continue to target a "late summer" 2018 Early Access release date, and going on to mention that more news about the new simulation should be revealed in the next few weeks.

Already we've seen quite a bit of footage from ACC thanks to the various launch and reveal events around the world, and again this latest interview with Nvidia gives players another glimpse at what promises to be a highly polished visual treat, building on the already exceptionally solid foundations of Assetto Corsa as the Italian team move to the powerful Unreal 4 game engine - a first for the studio and yet another notable developer making use of this mightily potent engine for a sim racing game.

Sit back and enjoy the new footage as we continue to eagerly await more news about ACC in the coming days and weeks...

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Last edited:
Yeah I should have asked
"How do you think our 1050ti will handle ACC on a single screen?"
Didn't mean to confuse I assumed we all knew a 1050 will not handle VR.
always be careful when assuming anything.
I have a r9 270X which is on par if not slightly less good than a 1050 TI and it has handled VR for the last 2 years without issue on all SIMs I am using, which are all that do VR except for Iracing. Why would you think a 1050 ti would not do as well, have you tried it or did some one said to you below a 1070 ti it does not work?
All Sims have made tremendous optimization and the Oculus rift is also more efficient than ever.
Try it, you might get a pleasant surprise.
1050 ti on a single screen should be a piece of cake.

Why would you think a 1050 ti would not do as well, have you tried it or did some one said to you below a 1070 ti it does not work?

Too many people seem to think that just because a game has some pretty screenshots... that this MUST mean the developers are choosing to make their game unplayable even on the most modern graphics cards currently available.

This perception boggles my mind. Like, why would Kunos design their game to only be playable on graphics cards that wont release until 5 yrs from now?

That would be shooting yourself in the foot.

If yall think that you wont be able to play ACC without a $1000 gpu... you guys need to broaden your horizons and play other genres that focus on graphics just so you can see how easy it is to run some games. Some of the best looking games can be played on a potato. Now obviously those games cant be maxed out on old systems... but that doesnt mean you cant play them just the same...

It boggles my mind that some people just want to max out the game graphicwise. Often you don't even see a difference between ultra and high settings. Well....you see a difference of course: your fps will take a big hit.

It boggles my mind that some people just want to max out the game graphicwise. Often you don't even see a difference between ultra and high settings. Well....you see a difference of course: your fps will take a big hit.
If I can Max it out , why wouldn't i ?
If i had a 1050 id probably try to convince myself everything is cool on Low but in the back of my mind always know it sucks .

If I can Max it out , why wouldn't i ?
If i had a 1050 id probably try to convince myself everything is cool on Low but in the back of my mind always know it sucks .

Sure, you can do whatever you want.
I’m just saying that the visual difference between ultra and high is often not there. So why max out everything when you cannot see it? But perhaps it’s a matter of belief…

Sure, you can do whatever you want.
I’m just saying that the visual difference between ultra and high is often not there. So why max out everything when you cannot see it? But perhaps it’s a matter of belief…
It's not that simple, if you know what you should look for on the screen. :) But yeah, after some time, you stop noticing the subtle differences and more FPS is more useful than most added effects.

Also about VR racing... I will never be able to understand what's so amusing sitting there with a set of goggles stick on your face, does it look THAT wonderful?? You can see nothing but the game itself, is that a part of "fun"?

Why not just buy a TrackIR and enjoy the game in the same way - with almost quarter of the cost of a VR-ready rig.
Watch from 9:16 , lol or watch the whole thing ! It may open some minds ;) to more than just VR but rF2 also !
What a combo !!!!!!!!!

Edit : For all the haters , this was filmed on a 10 month ago version of rF2 and numerous optimization updates ;)

Last edited:
Watch from 9:16 , lol or watch the whole thing ! It may open some minds ;) to more than just VR but rF2 also !
What a combo !!!!!!!!!

Edit : For all the haters , this was filmed on a 10 month ago version of rF2 and numerous optimization updates ;)

But RF2 still has one major flaw.. No lock to horizon. Every sim gets this right except RF2, they said they are aware of it, but still no fix.

Okay I'm just mentioning that this thread is about ACC, not rF2 or mine's bigger than yours. If you're lucky enough to have a high end system then enjoy it, but try and remember not all of the community can and show a bit of respect please.
Please note, this is one of my friendly warnings.;)

But RF2 still has one major flaw.. No lock to horizon. Every sim gets this right except RF2, they said they are aware of it, but still no fix.
R3E doesn't LTH nor a fix in the open road map ! There is a workaround that give close to a working LTH but its not elegant .
rF2 , like all other Sims has more than one flaw . So till the day comes that we have a flawless Sim i guess we all just have to "shop around" for a bit here and a bit there ;)
I like rF2 just like i like AC or R3E ! They all have something to give :)

Okay I'm just mentioning that this thread is about ACC, not rF2 or mine's bigger than yours. If you're lucky enough to have a high end system then enjoy it, but try and remember not all of the community can and show a bit of respect please.
Please note, this is one of my friendly warnings.;)
There was no "mines bigger"nor "rF2" post in what i posted more just a great insight into a Sim/real life wannabe racers first go at VR !
I just so happened that it was rF2 and for this threads sake i wish he was driving ACC !

I guess i just always go down the Sim racing road and forget this community is so toxic and cant just talk without people getting all This is better than that about their favorite Sim !

I guess i just always go down the Sim racing road and forget this community is so toxic and cant just talk without people getting all This is better than that about their favorite Sim !
Which is why I gave the warning, as you correctly point out, these discussions have a way of turning into a stramash, so better to nip it in the bud.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 60 63.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 40 42.6%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 40 42.6%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 20 21.3%
Back