ACC Results Companion

Misc ACC Results Companion 1.24.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
ACC Results Companion V1.6.0 Released

V1.6.0 has been released which is a major re-write of the UI. The app was originally just store lap records and and grown (not in a good way) since then, tacking on extra features here and there. As a result, the code had become unmanageable. This represents a major re-factoring of the code to properly partition features, reduce repeated code and make the controls on the pages work in a consistent manner. There's no huge change to the appearance and most things should work in the same way.

Other news is some adjustment to the broadcast interface, which is causing constant problems
  • 2nd practice sessions always failed to record as the interface always burped out the last lap of the previous session ocnfusing the recording of results
  • Each session requires a new broadcast session. Each connection was slower and slower as the provided interface in the ACC sample didn't clean up properly (thank export for spotting this). Hopefully, this is now improved
  • If there are still cases of Broadcast connections not being made (the common symptom is the "Unknown car" issue), then I've defaulted debug/broadcast logging on, so at least I can capture what is going on.
As all the UI features have been re-written, there may be some things I've missed or that don't work properly yet. If you find any oddities, please let me know

Average Lap time is broken with1.6.
Capture.JPG

Few issues I found so far with your refac.
- Circuits tab always use heatmap even if it's unticked.
- Fuel column in Session tab in not resizable and is too short for content (end with dots)
- following error in log (I don't see any issue other than this message but as a dev, I don't like to see ERROR in a log :) )

Code:
2020-05-25 00:16:09 ERROR TabControlFuel.CalculateFuelForEvent : Error updating fuel calculation for event - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at ACCResults.TabControls.TabControlFuel.calcFuelForEvent(ACC_SHM_SESSION_TYPE sessionType, String carModelName, String trackCode, Int32 isTimedRace, Int32 sessionTimeLeft, Int32 driverStintTimeLeft, Int32 driverStintTotalTimeLeft) in E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\TabControls\TabControlFuel.cs:line 171
   at ACCResults.TabControls.TabControlFuel.CalculateFuelForEvent(ACC_SHM_SESSION_TYPE sessionType, String carModelName, String trackCode, Int32 isTimedRace, Int32 sessionTimeLeft, Int32 driverStintTimeLeft, Int32 driverStintTotalTimeLeft) in E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\TabControls\TabControlFuel.cs:line 156
Caused by : 
   at ACCResults.TabControls.TabControlFuel.CalculateFuelForEvent(ACC_SHM_SESSION_TYPE sessionType, String carModelName, String trackCode, Int32 isTimedRace, Int32 sessionTimeLeft, Int32 driverStintTimeLeft, Int32 driverStintTotalTimeLeft) in E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\TabControls\TabControlFuel.cs:line 162
   at ACCResults.TabControls.TabControlFuel.process_notifyFuelCalcEvent(ACC_SHM_SESSION_TYPE sessionType, String carModelName, String trackCode, Int32 isTimedRace, Int32 sessionTimeLeft, Int32 driverStintTimeLeft, Int32 driverStintTotalTimeLeft) in E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\TabControls\TabControlFuel.cs:line 139
   at ACCResults.SharedMemory.ARCSharedMemoryMonitor.answerFuelUpdateRequest() in E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\SharedMemory\ARCSharedMemoryMonitor.cs:line 905
   at ACCResults.TabControls.TabControlFuel.TabControlFuel_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\TabControls\TabControlFuel.cs:line 60
   at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.OnCreateControl()

@SoulMaTriX3
I think I can see the issue (assuming it is the same one you see). For second practice sessions, when I look for new broadcast information from ACC, it is initially giving me the data from the last session, so it looks as though there is no new data. I need to work out where, when and why this is happening. At the moment, the only workaround I have is to restart ACC Results Companion between practice sessions. I don't think this happens with other sessions (although I need to do more testing)

Doug,

Working like a charm! You are a genius! Thank you.

SM

Few issues I found so far with your refac.
- Circuits tab always use heatmap even if it's unticked.
- Fuel column in Session tab in not resizable and is too short for content (end with dots)
- following error in log (I don't see any issue other than this message but as a dev, I don't like to see ERROR in a log :) )
Hi @unpierrot
I'm currently testing a fix for the fuel error (a few other things to sort out here). Thanks for spotting the other ones

Doug Duthie updated ACC Results Companion with a new update entry:

ACC Results Companion V1.6.1

• Session duration now time from crossing start line (hotstint lengths should therefore be correct)
  • All fuel usage re-calculated from history
  • ECU mode stats added for Audi R8 LMS
  • Fuel column in laps now resizeable
  • Session/laps now in SplitContainer (ie they can be resized vertically relative to each other)
  • Improved alignments for non-standard desktop scaling
  • Accidents list box now scales in dialog
  • BUGFIX: Session average time format...

Read the rest of this update entry...

ACC Results Companion V1.6.1 Released

A minor update is available. Main headlines are:

Fuel calculations
These probably haven't been collecting stats for a couple of releases now. The events to pick up new fuel calculations have been moved to a more appropriate place and I've addressed the issue of missing certain sessions (it completely passed me by that track codes are now mixed case). The auto fuel calculation will update now when you move to the fuel tab or when you complete a lap.

On first run, the fuel estimates will be re-calculated from history, so it may took a few extra moments to start.

Hotstint times
The session duration is now calculated from the time of the first car to cross the start line. This means that hotstint times should now be correct (unless you incur panalties, which still aren't available)

Session/Lap split container
Sessions/laps are now in a split container so they can be resized relative to each other. Move the mouse until the cursor changes to the resize one, and drag to your desired size

1590424444502.png

1590424486470.png

Desktop/scaling improved
The app isn't really designed for desktop scaling. It works with the standard Windows scalings (100%, 125%, 150%), mainly because Windows just scales up the image. This has the result that it will start to appear blurry if scaled too much. For custom scaling, a few things have been fixed so the UI is still workable and lists don't disappear beyond the bounds of the form. However, because the fonts are changed by Windows, these means that the alignments of some of the controls are off and it may look a little odd

I selected to manually configure broadcasting.json when the program prompted me that I could do that or it could fix it for me - but now I cannot find any info about how to add password etc back to Race Companion (and reinstalling the software do not let me see that screen again). What - if anthing - do I need to do?

I selected to manually configure broadcasting.json when the program prompted me that I could do that or it could fix it for me - but now I cannot find any info about how to add password etc back to Race Companion (and reinstalling the software do not let me see that screen again). What - if anthing - do I need to do?

It's a bit convoluted I'm afraid...Go to settings, click on the ACC data folder button (highlighted in red below)

1590608350549.png

Go to the Config subfolder and you will find broadcasting.json in there. You can either edit it, or if you delete it, the app will recreate it the next time it starts

Sorry but i still have many "Unknow Car" here the diagnostic of an online session(Qualif Monza).
And i can't replay backup.
what is : RecordedBy": "SHM" vs RecordedBy": "UDP"
Thank you.

Attachments

• Diagnostics_2020-05-31_223721.txt
    1 MB · Views: 57
Sorry but i still have many "Unknow Car" here the diagnostic of an online session(Qualif Monza).
And i can't replay backup.
what is : RecordedBy": "SHM" vs RecordedBy": "UDP"
Thank you.

I'm trying to get to the bottom of this. It appears that for some of your sessions, the Broadcast API either isn't connecting or stops receiving information from ACC. I've been using the Kunos client code for this, but it doesn't report errors, so I've decided to re-write this so I can get more information back, and handle errors properly when they occur.

In the meantime, can you change the Broadcast retry time on the Settings page to 10 seconds

1590961054041.png

EDIT: By the way, the backups won't replay as the laps haven't been recorded. Also, SHM/UDP just indicates the source of the data (Shared Memory or Broadcast UDP API) - If anything is SHM now, it indicates a problem with the Broadcast API

Im sure that you maybe this has happend before to anyone but i dont seem to find a solution here. When i press Save its gives an error

Can you help me?

Attachments

• unknown.png
    unknown.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 59
  • Error.png
    Error.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 69
Im sure that you maybe this has happend before to anyone but i dont seem to find a solution here. When i press Save its gives an error
Can you help me?
It's a permission issue. Basically you don't have the right to write the file.
Either check why you don't have access to your own user folder (because you should), either, as a workaround, run ACC as administrator to execute this save operation.

edit : start it under regular right after that. do not always start it as admin.

It's a permission issue. Basically you don't have the right to write the file.
Either check why you don't have access to your own user folder (because you should), either, as a workaround, run ACC as administrator to execute this save operation.

edit : start it under regular right after that. do not always start it as admin.

@LegendACB
Unpierrot is correct. Basically, the app is saying it doesn't have permission to update an ACC file. The file you need to create is broadcasting.json in <My Documents>\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config. Try what unpieerot suggests. If that doesn't work, try to create it manually. Go to the above folder and create broadcasting.json. The contents should be as follows

JSON:
{
    "updListenerPort": 9000,
    "connectionPassword": "asd",
    "commandPassword": ""
}

Silly question - is ACC installed on the same PC?

I have tried to do it as administrator and it don't solves it.

The .jsong it's actually in the config folder and have those parameters

Maybe the game its not in the same drive? Or the companion app? It's the same pc for sure.

Would it work well if the .json it's there? I'll try later to post the log text that keeps sending and actually freezes the game a lot.

ACC Results Companion V1.6.2 released

Headline items:-

Broadcast client code - re-write started
To date, the Kunos supplied Broadcast client has been used. There have been reports of unreliable connections which seem to get worse over time. I've decided to start re-writing the supplied code so I've got control over error handling, resource management and error reporting. This stage should improve some areas of issues with the connection, but should also help me understand why problems are occurring for some people with this

Result Statistics
New columns added:
  • Total time
  • Number of invalid laps
  • Percentage of invalid laps
Further stats will follow in later releases

1591428931476.png

I have tried to do it as administrator and it don't solves it.

The .jsong it's actually in the config folder and have those parameters

Maybe the game its not in the same drive? Or the companion app? It's the same pc for sure.

Would it work well if the .json it's there? I'll try later to post the log text that keeps sending and actually freezes the game a lot.

It looks like the app either can't find the ACC folder (or is looking in the wrong place) or doesn't have access to it.

Things to try
  • In the Configure ACC Broadcast dialog, press the Cancel button. The app should start. Then right click in the main list box of the Sessions tab and select Export Diagnostics
  • 1591429343442.png
  • An explorer with will open with a file called something like Diagnostics_2020-06-06_084341.zip. So that you can attach this file to the forum, rename it to Diagnostics.txt and post here
  • Go to the setting tab. The ACC Data Folder field is where the app expects the root folder of the ACC files to be created (ACC will install these under <My Documents>\Assetto Corsa Competizione)
  • 1591429629562.png
  • Check this folder is correct. Click on the button on the right (highlighted with the arrow). This will open that folder. This should contain
    • Config
    • Customs
    • Results
    • .. etc
  • If the folder is not correct, you can change it in the text box
It won't matter that it is on a different drive - as long as the app has access to it

Attachments

• 1591429301653.png
    1591429301653.png
    64.5 KB · Views: 49

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 3 15.8%