ACC Results Companion

Misc ACC Results Companion 1.24.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
hey Doug

I have the new version install but now I get this error painting
aac.JPG
acc2JPG.JPG

@Doug Duthie

Same issue as Breiti23 and using the latest version v1.5.17. Not sure if I did something wrong...

Can you give me some more information on what is happening? Is this the first time you have installed ACC Results Companion? If the UI starts, can you give a screen shot of the error. Also, Go to the Log tab and copy all text in it and post it here
Thanks,
Doug

Can you give me some more information on what is happening? Is this the first time you have installed ACC Results Companion? If the UI starts, can you give a screen shot of the error. Also, Go to the Log tab and copy all text in it and post it here
Thanks,
Doug

I tried a reinstall the issue vanished. Since I tend to use self made liveries it seems as things don't seem to log well with races through practice mode. I also could have missed a step in set up...

Otherwise, it seems like a great app!

@Doug Duthie First of all I would like to say thanks for this awesome app.
Not sure if it is a real issue. I had a Race this last weekend and as usual used your fuel calculator. I have used it many times in the past and have never had an issue. But the last time using the calculator for a 20 min Race at Paul Ricard with the Ferrari I ran out of fuel with one lap to go.
However there could be several factors!
  1. User input stupidity/distraction/dyslexia not putting the correct numbers in ( there is no way of knowing this if was the problem.)
  2. The note next to the calculator "The fuel statistics for this version of the track......other year(s)
  3. the number of laps /sessions I have done with the car on this track. 13 laps 3 sessions
Most probably it was the first one.

If I see any more anomaly I will let you know

I tried a reinstall the issue vanished. Since I tend to use self made liveries it seems as things don't seem to log well with races through practice mode. I also could have missed a step in set up...

Glad to hear the issue is gone.

I'll have a look at practice sessions. I can't reproduce at the moment, so I'll see if anything odd is happening there

@Doug Duthie First of all I would like to say thanks for this awesome app.
Not sure if it is a real issue. I had a Race this last weekend and as usual used your fuel calculator. I have used it many times in the past and have never had an issue. But the last time using the calculator for a 20 min Race at Paul Ricard with the Ferrari I ran out of fuel with one lap to go.
However there could be several factors!
  1. User input stupidity/distraction/dyslexia not putting the correct numbers in ( there is no way of knowing this if was the problem.)
  2. The note next to the calculator "The fuel statistics for this version of the track......other year(s)
  3. the number of laps /sessions I have done with the car on this track. 13 laps 3 sessions
Most probably it was the first one.

If I see any more anomaly I will let you know

13 laps run should be enough to form a reasonable fuel prediction. If you use the "Aggressive" prediction, then that is really for the brave - it is intended to just get you over the line, but if you run an extra lap (because the leaders are quick), then you could be in trouble. I tend to go for aggressive only for SP races. For MP, I would always go Conservative (gives you 1 more lap), or Ultra Conservative (2 more laps). Picking the wrong year for a track probably won't make a huge difference.

I'll probably add some logging to this so I can keep an eye on it.

Glad to hear the issue is gone.

I'll have a look at practice sessions. I can't reproduce at the moment, so I'll see if anything odd is happening there

Yeah, since I like to run my own livery and drivers, I use the SP mode "create your own weekend." Does not seem to record anything thus far. I will try a traditional race to see what happens as well. All in all, a great idea and execution. I appreciate your time and effort! :)

It did not record the fuel consumption to update the data in the fuel manual caculation, so I can not use it to caculate how much fuel I should carry in a new track with a new car

It did not record the fuel consumption to update the data in the fuel manual caculation, so I can not use it to caculate how much fuel I should carry in a new track with a new car

I've just run a few test sessions and it looks as though at least the first isn't recorded properly - I'll have to look into why this is

Hi @SoulMaTriX3
I've just run a couple of practice sessions and I've had one that only recorded one lap. It looks like I'm not receiving all the broadcast events for practice sessions. I've not noticed it for any others. Something to try.. can you turn on the 3 highlighted settings here - debug/log broadcast add extra logging and the last one disables cleaning up old sessions. I'm wondering if the latter is causing problems. In the meantime, I'll run more practice sessions and see if I can identify a pattern

1589921368160.png

@SoulMaTriX3
I think I can see the issue (assuming it is the same one you see). For second practice sessions, when I look for new broadcast information from ACC, it is initially giving me the data from the last session, so it looks as though there is no new data. I need to work out where, when and why this is happening. At the moment, the only workaround I have is to restart ACC Results Companion between practice sessions. I don't think this happens with other sessions (although I need to do more testing)

Hi @SoulMaTriX3
I've just run a couple of practice sessions and I've had one that only recorded one lap. It looks like I'm not receiving all the broadcast events for practice sessions. I've not noticed it for any others. Something to try.. can you turn on the 3 highlighted settings here - debug/log broadcast add extra logging and the last one disables cleaning up old sessions. I'm wondering if the latter is causing problems. In the meantime, I'll run more practice sessions and see if I can identify a pattern

View attachment 374420

I will give this a shot. Need a few days. Thank you for your time! :)

Hi Doug.
Seems 1.4.2 ACC hotfix broke everything once again. Made a hotstint which lead to unknow car session. Do you confirm ?

Not good :( - I can't reproduce, but I'm running in debug so will automatically pick up any changes. I'm in the middle of a big change,- I've got some testing to do to check nothing is seriously broken. Once complete, I'll release

Doug Duthie updated ACC Results Companion with a new update entry:

ACC Results Companion V1.6.0

• Major rewrite of screens - improve consistency
  • Debug/broadcast log messages on by default
  • Speed up fuel calculation at end of session (should make UI more responsive)
  • BUGFIX: fix ACC connection leak on broadcast interface
    • Would result in slower and slower connection times, eventually giving "Unknown car" issue on sessions
  • BUGFIX: Fix Free Practice 2 never stored
  • BUGFIX: Log file not written
  • BUGFIX: Initial load of result statistics was incorrect...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 497 68.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 306 42.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 330 45.5%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 160 22.0%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 195 26.9%
Back