ACC Results Companion

Misc ACC Results Companion 1.24.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Notice two small typos in Settings tab. Floating tooltip on broadcast retry time selection box shows Fuel decimal places help.
And there is a extra 's' in floating tooltip ARC Folder -> open ACC Results Companison folder
Honestly do not upload a new version for this ;)

A small update that you could put in a todo list is to save column size of listview. In Session tab, Track and Team column are often a little bit too small and finish with some dots.

But overall very nice tool. Time to push donate button.

Good spot - I've got to go around all the controls and make sure the tooltips are correct.

Saving column widths was something I've been putting off, but it turned out to be relatively trivial so will be rolled into the next release.

Thanks for the donation by the way :)

• Deleted member 1053025

Hi, Doug.
I was in a MP comunity race and after I did a CSV export of session info. League mates pointed out some inconsistencies with their results and after looking at json file it seems the app doesn't record the first lap of a race? Also what does the "lap time" collumn represent-best laps, average lap times or sth else? Comparing these to the results json from server they don't connect. Lap by lap laptimes are fine tho. I'm also wondering about the penalties. We had many for track cutting in that race, but the app doesn't show any. In CSV export however penalties are visible, but only as invalid laps. I'd appreciate if you could shed some light on this.
Cheers!

Hi, Doug.
I was in a MP comunity race and after I did a CSV export of session info. League mates pointed out some inconsistencies with their results and after looking at json file it seems the app doesn't record the first lap of a race? Also what does the "lap time" collumn represent-best laps, average lap times or sth else? Comparing these to the results json from server they don't connect. Lap by lap laptimes are fine tho. I'm also wondering about the penalties. We had many for track cutting in that race, but the app doesn't show any. In CSV export however penalties are visible, but only as invalid laps. I'd appreciate if you could shed some light on this.
Cheers!

Hi @TinMan_JB,
The app should record results at the end of each lap. There might me some inconsistencies on the first lap as ACC sometimes doesn't report the first or even second sector. I'm afraid, there's not much I can do about that as I'm totally dependent on the information ACC provides. Lap 1 should give a laptime but for online this looks to be time from joining race until end of lap 1 (ie in the region 2 - 20 minutes from what I've seen). Curiously, Bathurst always appears to be the actual lap 1 time. Maybe Kunos will address this in future.

The laptime displayed depends on the mode. In Player Car/All Cars mode (ie displaying all laps), this will be the laptime of each lap. Final Standings gives your "position" at the end of the race and each player's fastest lap, with the associated sector times. The position might disagree with the final timetables in ACC and in the server results file
  • The server result file I think is going to be the most "correct". It should apply post race penalties and discount players leaving before final classification. However, if memory serves, I don't think the gaps are stored/can be calculated
  • ACC timetables apply post race penalties but are skewed by players leaving before classification. Gaps are correct (perhaps)
  • ACC Results Companion still counts players that leave before classification for positions. It can't adjust for post-race penalties (I'll come to that in a minute), so some positions might not be correct, if penalties are to be applied post race. Gaps should be the same as with ACC timetables (I think).. Note penalties server during the race will be taken account of as they will affect your recorded time (via DT, Stop&Go or DQ)

Gaps aren't quite as they should be though. The gap should be the actual time for a following player to reach where a place (ie the finish line) after the preceding player has crossed it. The gap I use (which I think is the same as for ACC) if when the following player crosses the finishing line, it is the estimated time to get to where the preceding player is now. Ultimately, this should produce roughly the same time, but there could be anomalies (eg preceding player crashes/stops immediately after finishing line will skew the time). The reason I record this way is two fold
  • This is the way ACC supplies information out of the box
  • For me to calculate the "real" gap would require me to have a much higher sample rate - I want to keep the sample rate low to minimise the impact of my app on performance

I've put in place a mechanism to record penalties, but currently (ACC 1.3.12), it looks like ACC isn't outputting them on the Broadcast interface (I've only seen messages when penalties are cleared). I understand there's some mapping issue they need to fix. Once penalties are output, I'll display them, then I guess I'll need to look at the SRO rulebook to see how they are displayed post race (although there looks to be a post race penalty type, so hopefully that does all the hard work for me).

If you need me to look at the discrepancies between the server and ACC Results, send me the server file and the ACC Results diagnostics. (right click the session, select Export Diagnostics and attach the zip file created - you might need to change the file type from zip to txt to attach here)
Doug

Today new update 1.3.13 for ACC and it gives me a unknow car error. As it was a SP Hotstint, I've been able to fool the system by setting 'use results files' and touch json file. Seems UDP was correctly setted so perhaps another modification in broadcast interface ?

edit : using latest 1.5.13 ACCRC

Today new update 1.3.13 for ACC and it gives me a unknow car error. As it was a SP Hotstint, I've been able to fool the system by setting 'use results files' and touch json file. Seems UDP was correctly setted so perhaps another modification in broadcast interface ?

edit : using latest 1.5.13 ACCRC

Hi @unpierrot ,
Unfortunately, I can't reproduce a problem locally (although I was debugging so would have pulled in any new DLLs automatically). V1.5.14 is rebuilt with the latest ACC 1.3.13 broadcast DLLs, so give that a go.

Another option, if there are still problems, turn on Write debug messages to log, Log broadcast activity and set the Broadcast retry time to 10. I only managed a 2 minute test and won't be able to further test until this evening
Doug

• Deleted member 1053025

Hi @TinMan_JB,
The app should record results at the end of each lap. There might me some inconsistencies on the first lap as ACC sometimes doesn't report the first or even second sector. I'm afraid, there's not much I can do about that as I'm totally dependent on the information ACC provides. Lap 1 should give a laptime but for online this looks to be time from joining race until end of lap 1 (ie in the region 2 - 20 minutes from what I've seen). Curiously, Bathurst always appears to be the actual lap 1 time. Maybe Kunos will address this in future.

The laptime displayed depends on the mode. In Player Car/All Cars mode (ie displaying all laps), this will be the laptime of each lap. Final Standings gives your "position" at the end of the race and each player's fastest lap, with the associated sector times. The position might disagree with the final timetables in ACC and in the server results file
  • The server result file I think is going to be the most "correct". It should apply post race penalties and discount players leaving before final classification. However, if memory serves, I don't think the gaps are stored/can be calculated
  • ACC timetables apply post race penalties but are skewed by players leaving before classification. Gaps are correct (perhaps)
  • ACC Results Companion still counts players that leave before classification for positions. It can't adjust for post-race penalties (I'll come to that in a minute), so some positions might not be correct, if penalties are to be applied post race. Gaps should be the same as with ACC timetables (I think).. Note penalties server during the race will be taken account of as they will affect your recorded time (via DT, Stop&Go or DQ)

Gaps aren't quite as they should be though. The gap should be the actual time for a following player to reach where a place (ie the finish line) after the preceding player has crossed it. The gap I use (which I think is the same as for ACC) if when the following player crosses the finishing line, it is the estimated time to get to where the preceding player is now. Ultimately, this should produce roughly the same time, but there could be anomalies (eg preceding player crashes/stops immediately after finishing line will skew the time). The reason I record this way is two fold
  • For me to calculate the "real" gap would require me to have a much higher sample rate - I want to keep the sample rate low to minimise the impact of my app on performance

I've put in place a mechanism to record penalties, but currently (ACC 1.3.12), it looks like ACC isn't outputting them on the Broadcast interface (I've only seen messages when penalties are cleared). I understand there's some mapping issue they need to fix. Once penalties are output, I'll display them, then I guess I'll need to look at the SRO rulebook to see how they are displayed post race (although there looks to be a post race penalty type, so hopefully that does all the hard work for me).

If you need me to look at the discrepancies between the server and ACC Results, send me the server file and the ACC Results diagnostics. (right click the session, select Export Diagnostics and attach the zip file created - you might need to change the file type from zip to txt to attach here)
Doug

Thank you for a detailed breakdown. I'll send a json and diagnostics in the evening.
Regards, Jure

• Deleted member 1053025

Hi @TinMan_JB,

Doug

Hello, Doug!

After going through the json and db files myself I can allready see the best VALID laptimes are correct, at least thats how it looks to me for the drivers I checked. The app correctly ignores invalid laps. Previously I was looking at the best lap data for every driver in "car" section of json, when the app obviously takes the best lap info from "laps" section. What still bothers me is that in "laps" section of the json the laptimes have a valid/invalid flags for each lap. In some cases, the laps that show up as invalid in app don't have an invalid flag in json.

If you'd still find it valuable, I can send you the files.
And regarding penalties, I hope devs will sort it out.

Cheers, Jure

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, Doug!
Here is a

Hello, Doug!

After going through the json and db files myself I can allready see the best VALID laptimes are correct, at least thats how it looks to me for the drivers I checked. The app correctly ignores invalid laps. Previously I was looking at the best lap data for every driver in "car" section of json, when the app obviously takes the best lap info from "laps" section. What still bothers me is that in "laps" section of the json the laptimes have a valid/invalid flags for each lap. In some cases, the laps that show up as invalid in app don't have an invalid flag in json.

If you'd still find it valuable, I can send you the files.
And regarding penalties, I hope devs will sort it out.

Cheers, Jure

Hi Jure,
The diagnostics would be useful to compare. I think (and this is pure speculation) that the server results may only count a lap as invalid if you get into the territory of cuts that might induce a warning/penalty. Whereas the app takes data that I believe still enforces strict track limits - a lap with be flagged as invalid if you stray beyond these and won't be eligible to counting towards a best lap. I think the ACC UI follows a middle ground...you can stray beyond track limits in anything other than hotlap/practice/quali and it will count towards your best lap in the HUD, but the timetables at the end would still flag it as invalid.

I don't actually have any other data to go on other than the invalid flag, and personally I think this is the correct interpretation otherwise you could post some wild laptimes by being cavalier with track limits in races, which wouldn't give a fair comparison.

• Deleted member 1053025

Hi Jure,
The diagnostics would be useful to compare. I think (and this is pure speculation) that the server results may only count a lap as invalid if you get into the territory of cuts that might induce a warning/penalty. Whereas the app takes data that I believe still enforces strict track limits - a lap with be flagged as invalid if you stray beyond these and won't be eligible to counting towards a best lap. I think the ACC UI follows a middle ground...you can stray beyond track limits in anything other than hotlap/practice/quali and it will count towards your best lap in the HUD, but the timetables at the end would still flag it as invalid.

I don't actually have any other data to go on other than the invalid flag, and personally I think this is the correct interpretation otherwise you could post some wild laptimes by being cavalier with track limits in races, which wouldn't give a fair comparison.

Okay, here are the files. I anonymised the json (kinda don't want to post personal names and steam IDs here for all to see, nothing personal :) and edited db to contain only relevant session info. Hope I didn't break something in the process and they are going to be useful for examining.

Look for "carId": 1017, he had a best lap and an invalid fastest lap. I guess your speculation covers this, because his fastest laptime is not flagged invalid in json but is red in app. Concerning fairness I completely agree with this approach, I was only wondering how its done :)

Thank you for support and best regards,
Jure

Attachments

• 200502_222830_R_1 ANONIM.json
    404.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Diagnostics_2020_05_02.txt
    864.4 KB · Views: 70
Hi @TinMan_JB,
I've just reconciled the App results against timetables on Monza and all laps and times do tally. I have a few races at Bathurst where the lap 1 time is of the order of a normal laptime, which leaves me suspicious that the first lap is missing. I'll keep reconciling the results/timetables to see if I can find any missing entries. Looking at the code, I'm just taking the results from ACC's broadcast interface, so it looks like sometimes the first lap isn't reported - I'll see if I can prove this is the case.

For invalid laps, it looks like server results reports differently to everything else. As I surmised, I think the "isValidForBest" mirrors what you see in the HUD for best lap. You can take liberties with track limits and the lap will still be counted. Broadcast API, Shared Memory, Client results files and the ACC Timetable UI all flag the lap as invalid if you breach track limits (in the same way as qualifying)

I might be too stupid to find the search function on this page, so sorry if this question has already been raised, but is this project open source? Would you mind to link the repo if there is one? :)

Doug Duthie updated ACC Results Companion with a new update entry:

ACC Results Companion V1.5.16

• Rebuilt for ACC 1.4
  • Average session times discount inlaps, outlaps and laps with accidents
  • Session row remains highlight when focussing laps
  • More code re-structure
  • ECU mode stats added for AMR V8
  • Jump to lap from leaderboards - go to correct car if not player
  • Circuits - Average times - now excludes In/Out laps and those not classified to give a more meaningful value
  • BUGFIX: Exception displaying heatmaps in circuits

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 253 34.0%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 203 27.3%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 140 18.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 61 8.2%