ACC Results Companion

Misc ACC Results Companion 1.24.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
In ACC, tracks like Spa have different grip levels between 2018 and 2019 (don't know about what is modelled for the 2020 other than it uses different tyre model than the other two years). I see that quite a few tracks in ACC RC are called 2018/2019, are these called this as they use the same grip level?

OK...It looks like an old bug caused a problem with one of the tables. It looks like an AC track was recorded in the table (asrnz_pukekohe_park2013) and this was preventing later updates (Imola, 2020 tracks etc).

There should now be some checks to stop AC tracks being recorded, and there will also be a fix up to removed any rogue tracks that are already in there.

Regarding backups, the backup file name comprises of the track name obtained via a lookup. Unfortunately, there was a bug prior to 1.9.0 affecting tracks with different year versions (it just picked the first one). This is fixed now, but it won't go back and correct backup file names with the wrong name.

I'm sure you already know this, but apart from server results, there is no way of automatically determining the track year. It requires a manual step to re-classify the session (right click Change track Year) if you wish to. I realise this is far from ideal and I'm hoping that one day Kunos will provide the track year in one of the interfaces.

Finally, tracks were differentiated by year originally only for the tracks that were re-surfaced where you would expect to see a material difference in lap time. 2020 tracks were added due to the new tyres (and therefore all European tracks without a year were renamed (2018/2019) to indicate they ran the old tyres). ICGT tracks are undated - as I understand it, it is only possible to run these for 2019

I'll put these in a fix due out at the weekend.

Hey there. Iam getting no results anymore for my races. It worked perfect up until the 24th of november. Now everytime i start up the ACC Companion he says the braodcast server isnt configured and he does not catch any data.. HELP ! pls

Hey there. Iam getting no results anymore for my races. It worked perfect up until the 24th of november. Now everytime i start up the ACC Companion he says the braodcast server isnt configured and he does not catch any data.. HELP ! pls
ARC uses the ACC broadcasting config. You'll find this in <Documents>\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config\broadcasting.json. Check this file exists. Check also, it is populated - it should look something like this:-
JSON:
{
    "updListenerPort": 9000,
    "connectionPassword": "asd",
    "commandPassword": ""
}

Next check ARC is pointing to the correct ACC folder
1606481901858.png

If any of the above doesn't indicate a problem, export the diagnostics for me (in session area, right click and Export Diagnostics - this will upload direct to me)

Attachments

• 1606481890933.png
    1606481890933.png
    104.7 KB · Views: 72
ARC uses the ACC broadcasting config. You'll find this in <Documents>\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config\broadcasting.json. Check this file exists. Check also, it is populated - it should look something like this:-
JSON:
{
    "updListenerPort": 9000,
    "connectionPassword": "asd",
    "commandPassword": ""
}

Next check ARC is pointing to the correct ACC folder
View attachment 422755

If any of the above doesn't indicate a problem, export the diagnostics for me (in session area, right click and Export Diagnostics - this will upload direct to me)

It is looking for ACC configuration files under in C:\Users\Aqulex84\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config\ - This should be C:\Users\Aqulex84\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\

Change it in the settings page as highlighted in the previous post and restart ARC

Hi Doug,

FYI, at each start, first line of logs shows an error. It doesn't seem to break anything though.

Code:
[00000001] 2020-11-28 10:21:33 ERROR ACCOlvManager.SetOlvTableSettings : Could not restore OLV settings for olvControlTeams - OLV is null
[00000001] 2020-11-28 10:21:33 INFO ACCResults.CheckProcessRunning : ***************************************************************
[00000001] 2020-11-28 10:21:33 INFO ACCResults.CheckProcessRunning : ACC Results Companion 1.9.4 starting as process ID 6232
[00000001] 2020-11-28 10:21:33 INFO ACCResults.CheckProcessRunning : ***************************************************************

Hi Doug,

FYI, at each start, first line of logs shows an error. It doesn't seem to break anything though.

Code:
[00000001] 2020-11-28 10:21:33 ERROR ACCOlvManager.SetOlvTableSettings : Could not restore OLV settings for olvControlTeams - OLV is null
[00000001] 2020-11-28 10:21:33 INFO ACCResults.CheckProcessRunning : ACC Results Companion 1.9.4 starting as process ID 6232

Not a problem...this just means there is no saved settings for the Teams dialog. If you open the dialog and resize columns etc, then it would save settings. I'll probably downgrade with to a warning in future

Doug, for the last several versions ARC takes quite some time to be “ready” after launching. I didn’t time it because after a while I get impatient and do other things while waiting, but I’m quite certain it’s over 2 minutes. This didn’t used to be the case. There are two notable points where it “seems” as if nothing is happening:

1. setup up screen elements I think it may be called, it’s on the loading screen.

2. Once the loading/splash screen disappears, ARC becomes an icon on the system tray. But it is some time before it actually is visible on screen in full form. No amount of clicking on it will make it appear so it’s still doing something.

Is all this “normal”?

Doug, for the last several versions ARC takes quite some time to be “ready” after launching. I didn’t time it because after a while I get impatient and do other things while waiting, but I’m quite certain it’s over 2 minutes. This didn’t used to be the case. There are two notable points where it “seems” as if nothing is happening:

1. setup up screen elements I think it may be called, it’s on the loading screen.

2. Once the loading/splash screen disappears, ARC becomes an icon on the system tray. But it is some time before it actually is visible on screen in full form. No amount of clicking on it will make it appear so it’s still doing something.

Is all this “normal”?

Normal, but not good. I've just been trying to tidy up and see what is going on when the initialisation pauses for a while. I'll be adding some more logging/status messages to see what is going on at these points. Ironically, after I introduced logic, I can't recreate the pauses any more. Also, the splash screen will now stay open until the very end of initialisation, so I can see if anything else is sucking time.

It might take some time to get to the bottom of it

• Deleted member 1053025

Hi, Doug!
I've tried resuming a saved session from a custom weekend race (2xpractice 5min, 1x quali 5 min, 2x race 10min).When loading and finishing saved sessions ARC doesn't record anything. Going through a similar race weekend uninterrupted with no saving/loading sessions ARC records all session w/o problem.
Is this a known issue with a trick workaround I don't now of or is it sth new?
Regards, Jure

Hi, Doug!
I've tried resuming a saved session from a custom weekend race (2xpractice 5min, 1x quali 5 min, 2x race 10min).When loading and finishing saved sessions ARC doesn't record anything. Going through a similar race weekend uninterrupted with no saving/loading sessions ARC records all session w/o problem.
Is this a known issue with a trick workaround I don't now of or is it sth new?
Regards, Jure

It's not a known issue as such. For saved sessions, ACC should write a results file when you complete the session. ARC detects any new/changed files and processes these. However, you must wait until the end of the race (when you get the session ended message) or ACC won't write the file out.

It you haven't run any 2-part races since then, you should see Race_1.json and Race_2.json in your <My Documents>\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Results folder. Check these exist and are dated appropriately.

If they do exist, then something has clearly gone wrong. Check the log for any errors (they will appear in red).

I'll run through a test in the morning and see if I can reproduce

• Deleted member 1053025

Hi,
ran another test custom race weekend (1x practice, 1x quali & 1x race). Finished practice, the file practice.json was present and ARC recorded the practice session. Went to quali & saved session, closed ACC & ARC. Reloaded saved session, finished quali, qualifying.json was there, but no session recorded in ARC.
In the attached log file, lines of interest could be at 19:17:27, 19:30:16 19:37:48 & 19:37:55.
I hope this helps in pinpointing the problem.
Regards, Jure

edit: ran the race afterwards without save/load, ARC recorded session. So it seems there is an issue with loaded sessions not recording.

Attachments

• ACCResults.txt
    198.2 KB · Views: 79
Last edited by a moderator:
Normal, but not good. I've just been trying to tidy up and see what is going on when the initialisation pauses for a while. I'll be adding some more logging/status messages to see what is going on at these points. Ironically, after I introduced logic, I can't recreate the pauses any more. Also, the splash screen will now stay open until the very end of initialisation, so I can see if anything else is sucking time.

It might take some time to get to the bottom of it

No problem Doug. I’m singlehandedly finding things to keep you busy. ;)

Doug Duthie updated ACC Results Companion with a new update entry:

ACC Results Companion V1.9.5

• Better progress info on splash screen
  • Re-organise/optimise DB on start (may take several seconds on "Preparing Database..." stage)
  • When setting up list boxes, if no saved setting, message downgraded to warning
  • GT4 times for Suzuka/Laguna Seca
  • Class (ie non-GT3) times added for 2020 tracks
  • BUGFIX: Failure to record sessions after save session resumed vin ACC

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi,
ran another test custom race weekend (1x practice, 1x quali & 1x race). Finished practice, the file practice.json was present and ARC recorded the practice session. Went to quali & saved session, closed ACC & ARC. Reloaded saved session, finished quali, qualifying.json was there, but no session recorded in ARC.
In the attached log file, lines of interest could be at 19:17:27, 19:30:16 19:37:48 & 19:37:55.
I hope this helps in pinpointing the problem.
Regards, Jure

edit: ran the race afterwards without save/load, ARC recorded session. So it seems there is an issue with loaded sessions not recording.

I found it - some of the information I was relying on, doesn't get created by ACC on resuming saved sessions. Can you try out 1.9.5 - I think that resolves it

No problem Doug. I’m singlehandedly finding things to keep you busy. ;)

I've changed the splash screen so it gives more detail of each phase, just in case it gets stuck. Also, I've added a stage to re-organise/optimise the DB. This takes several seconds in itself, but should help if the DB is becoming fragmented

Fragmentation wasn’t something I considered but I’m glad you did. I often will stop a session if it goes bad early on and then delete the entry from ARC. I’m testing, practicing, etc, and don’t need all those 1-3 lap entries.

edit: I wanted to ask - if I were to change computers, or wipe my current one and reinstall everything, what do I need to backup to not lose my data from ARC? And is it simply a matter of creating the same folders on a fresh PC, or does one have to complete some special importation of the data?

Last edited:
Fragmentation wasn’t something I considered but I’m glad you did. I often will stop a session if it goes bad early on and then delete the entry from ARC. I’m testing, practicing, etc, and don’t need all those 1-3 lap entries.

edit: I wanted to ask - if I were to change computers, or wipe my current one and reinstall everything, what do I need to backup to not lose my data from ARC? And is it simply a matter of creating the same folders on a fresh PC, or does one have to complete some special importation of the data?
You need to copy ACCResults.DB and ACCResultsSettings.json - put these in the ACCresults folder after it installs. If you were being really keen, you could also copy across the Backup folder (mainly Backup\Config and Backup\Results - you don't really need to keep Backup\DB)

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1053025

I found it - some of the information I was relying on, doesn't get created by ACC on resuming saved sessions. Can you try out 1.9.5 - I think that resolves it
You nailed it! works like a charm :)
Thank you for your continuous support and I'll be looking forward to what you come up with re championship managing.
Regards, Jure

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%