ACC Results Companion

Misc ACC Results Companion 1.24.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks, Doug. When you say “really keen” it suggests that something would be lost if I didn’t copy those specific added things. Is that the case?

Thanks, Doug. When you say “really keen” it suggests that something would be lost if I didn’t copy those specific added things. Is that the case?

It is just backups of raw recordings of race results. In the early days, they were there because I had frequent data model changes, so the ability to replay old results meant I could enrich old sessions. However that use case is no longer there. I use them for diagnosis and trying out certain situations. I'm struggling to think of a case where old backups are useful for anyone else except if you've inadvertently deleted a sessions.

In most cases, regularly backing up the database (ACCResults.DB) should be good enough. Note the folder Backup\DB is just a snapshot backup each time you install a new version to protect against an upgrade causing issues. Older DB backups can be purged

I left this in review section, but maybe I should have written it here. Some minor suggestions:

Maybe its already possible and I just don't know how, but would love to be able to manually "stop the session" so I would not need to quit multiplayer practice for example. It would be useful for testing different setups.

While exporting results to CSV file, it would be great to keep Tyre pressure formats display the way it is in the game: FL FR RL RR. Now it is FR FL RR RL, a bit confusing and have to really think about it to not make a mistake. :))

Would be perfect to be able to select multiple laps in a session and see average laptimes. Now I am doing this manually through excel which needs converting laptimes to seconds. Maybe this conversion could also be done automatically while exporting to CSV?

Doug, I had a multiplayer race yesterday and when I finished, in - game it said I was P15. However, in ARC it shows me as P16. I don’t recall ever seeing a discrepancy between what the game shows after a race and what ARC shows. Is this a known issue?

Doug, I had a multiplayer race yesterday and when I finished, in - game it said I was P15. However, in ARC it shows me as P16. I don’t recall ever seeing a discrepancy between what the game shows after a race and what ARC shows. Is this a known issue?

I calculate positions on crossing the line. IIRC there was a case where positions reported by ACC might not have been correct - TBH I can't remember what this was...it might just have been from race start where ACC can take a few corners to correct the position.

Ah...just remembered. If drivers exit the race, ACC didn't include the vacant drivers so you might get bumped up a place or 2. (I don't know if this is still the case though). ARC maintains a record of everyone crossing the line.

Finally, the other case (which is more annoying) is ARC can't account for post race penalties as ACC still doesn't broadcast penalties (it only publishes when penalties are cleared, which isn't that useful)

I left this in review section, but maybe I should have written it here. Some minor suggestions:

Maybe its already possible and I just don't know how, but would love to be able to manually "stop the session" so I would not need to quit multiplayer practice for example. It would be useful for testing different setups.

While exporting results to CSV file, it would be great to keep Tyre pressure formats display the way it is in the game: FL FR RL RR. Now it is FR FL RR RL, a bit confusing and have to really think about it to not make a mistake. :))

Would be perfect to be able to select multiple laps in a session and see average laptimes. Now I am doing this manually through excel which needs converting laptimes to seconds. Maybe this conversion could also be done automatically while exporting to CSV?

I'm not sure what you mean by "manually stop the session". Perhaps you could explain.

Export - yes. Something I've not gotten around to. The CSV just exports in a fixed format, but you can of course change the order in the display, so I really ought to export in an order that matches the display.

I'm running out of space to display things :redface: - there's a couple of places where average laps are reported. On the session summary there is an average lap time column (x̅ Lap Time) for the entire session which ignores invalid laps and In/Out laps. You'll also see this if you export the session as json. There's also an option to display average times in stead of records on theCircuits page

I'm not sure what you mean by "manually stop the session". Perhaps you could explain.

Export - yes. Something I've not gotten around to. The CSV just exports in a fixed format, but you can of course change the order in the display, so I really ought to export in an order that matches the display.

I'm running out of space to display things :redface: - there's a couple of places where average laps are reported. On the session summary there is an average lap time column (x̅ Lap Time) for the entire session which ignores invalid laps and In/Out laps. You'll also see this if you export the session as json. There's also an option to display average times in stead of records on theCircuits page

Ok, that all makes sense. However, in my case, my position is showing the same for the last 5 laps, but in the last seconds of the last lap I moved ahead of the car I was trying to pass. We literally crossed the finish line at race end with his front bumper overlapping my rear fender IIRC. So in-game I traded positions, and it showed me going from P16 to P15. ARC reports me at P16 for all the laps. In game it should be P16 for the last 5 laps, except the very last where I got to P15.

Is that still within normal operation for ARC?

Last edited:
Ok, that all makes sense. However, in my case, my position is showing the same for the last 5 laps, but in the last seconds of the last lap I moved ahead of the car I was trying to pass. We literally crossed the finish line at race end with his front bumper overlapping my rear fender IIRC. So in-game I traded positions, and it showed me going from P16 to P15. ARC reports me at P16 for all the laps. In game it should be P16 for the last 5 laps, except the very last where I got to P15.

Is that still within normal operation for ARC?

I'd be interested to see the diagnostics for this and then I can trace back and see why it decided to allocate positions this way

Currently, the session 'appears' in the list only if the server or single player session changes, right? But for example I am in multiplayer practice session which is 3 hours long. It would be great to have a button which would force to generate session file even if the session did not end, so lets say you go out do 10 laps, return to pits and press the button to get the data. Change something in setup, go out for 10 more and do the same.

Regarding displaying average lap times and other stats, maybe an additional box below (see attached).
Inked1599309007643_LI.jpg

Currently, the session 'appears' in the list only if the server or single player session changes, right? But for example I am in multiplayer practice session which is 3 hours long. It would be great to have a button which would force to generate session file even if the session did not end, so lets say you go out do 10 laps, return to pits and press the button to get the data. Change something in setup, go out for 10 more and do the same.

Regarding displaying average lap times and other stats, maybe an additional box below (see attached).View attachment 423865

I'm not sure is this is what you are after, but if you click the disk icon in the status bar, it will flush the existing session wothout waiting for it to finish
1606936482126.png

I tried this today for the first time and this is such a super useful looking tool with all the extra information provided not available through MoTeC telemetry and the timing and detailed race lap information!

Is there any possibility to transcode a MoTeC compatible telemetry file that could be loaded in parallel with the MoTeC telemetry we have already so we can easily in just MoTeC analyze the added details such as fuel, used ECU map, etc …
This would be very useful.

I tried this today for the first time and this is such a super useful looking tool with all the extra information provided not available through MoTeC telemetry and the timing and detailed race lap information!

Is there any possibility to transcode a MoTeC compatible telemetry file that could be loaded in parallel with the MoTeC telemetry we have already so we can easily in just MoTeC analyze the added details such as fuel, used ECU map, etc …
This would be very useful.

I don't think that is going to be practical. TBH, I wouldn't know where to start - I had a quick google and couldn't file anything on the MoTeC datafile specifiation

I found a strange behaviour. In leaderboard tab, when 'Ignore ARC leaderboard' is selected, I still have other player for several tracks. For exampe, in Kyalami, few players are still present (not the whole leaderboard).
For Kyalami, there is 24 extra players, for Nurburgring, one extra player and Spa, 4 extra players. For other tracks, it shows only my result.
After restarting ACR, result is not exactly the same, Nurburgring is now without extra player but other tracks are with extra player where there is none previously ( paul ricard, monza )

edit : using latest ACR 1.9.5
forget to add that this was without selected car. But when selecting a car, extra player can still appears (obviously less than without car selected).

Last edited:
I don't think that is going to be practical. TBH, I wouldn't know where to start - I had a quick google and couldn't file anything on the MoTeC datafile specifiation
I was afraid that would be the case (Motec telemetry file format API) :-(

I am particularly after these informations:
- weather data
- fuel load at beginning of each lap
- ECU map (I take it the value is updated as it is changed)
- brake balance (I don't see it listed anywhere in ACC results companion but do think it may be part of the transmitted data from ACC

If those data points somehow could be exported in a common format (say an xls or csv file) that would be immersive help to get them into Motec.

Currently some of these data points MANUALLY add to metadata of each Motec telemetry file I work on to feed certain math data.

Weather, ECU map and brake balance would be great to have for analysis.
Particularly the fuel load at each lap would be an incredibly helpful data set to have to feed math.

EDIT: I forgot to ask:
I do not seem to get the leaderboard / world record times to work.

Is this currently not yet working or did I miss something?

I loved to use RSR with AC to gauge what lap times on each track people were managing but also "relay battle" with other people offline.

This looks like it could be done with ACC RC as well.

Last edited:
I was afraid that would be the case (Motec telemetry file format API) :-(

I am particularly after these informations:
- weather data
- fuel load at beginning of each lap
- ECU map (I take it the value is updated as it is changed)
- brake balance (I don't see it listed anywhere in ACC results companion but do think it may be part of the transmitted data from ACC

If those data points somehow could be exported in a common format (say an xls or csv file) that would be immersive help to get them into Motec.

Currently some of these data points MANUALLY add to metadata of each Motec telemetry file I work on to feed certain math data.

Weather, ECU map and brake balance would be great to have for analysis.
Particularly the fuel load at each lap would be an incredibly helpful data set to have to feed math.

EDIT: I forgot to ask:
I do not seem to get the leaderboard / world record times to work.

Is this currently not yet working or did I miss something?

I loved to use RSR with AC to gauge what lap times on each track people were managing but also "relay battle" with other people offline.

This looks like it could be done with ACC RC as well.

You can export lap data (right click on laps and export as CSV). It gives some, but not all of the info
  • Fuel at end of lap (I never quite got around to storing it at the start)
  • Air/Track temp
  • ECU mode
I'm probably going to change the export at some point so it will display all selected columns in laps (some things don't currently get exported like track conditions, wind etc)

It looks like brake bias is available - I'll look to include this in the future.

Finally, you've got to opt in to download the leaderboards

1607159104240.png

Last edited:
I found a strange behaviour. In leaderboard tab, when 'Ignore ARC leaderboard' is selected, I still have other player for several tracks. For exampe, in Kyalami, few players are still present (not the whole leaderboard).
For Kyalami, there is 24 extra players, for Nurburgring, one extra player and Spa, 4 extra players. For other tracks, it shows only my result.
After restarting ACR, result is not exactly the same, Nurburgring is now without extra player but other tracks are with extra player where there is none previously ( paul ricard, monza )

edit : using latest ACR 1.9.5
forget to add that this was without selected car. But when selecting a car, extra player can still appears (obviously less than without car selected).

Yes...there seems to be something wrong with the query. I'll have a look

About leaderboard, best time in barcelona is a Porsche Cup about 2.5 seconds faster than everyone else. Looks suspicious :)
Either a glitch or a cheater. To avoid that kind of issue, cleaning record laps repository will not do the trick because for fake results, at each restart at client side, it will come back. Perhaps you could add a invalidate flag in database. Up to each user to do the clean up and you don't have to take care of it.

edit: also laps with 0.00 fuel looks not really legit. These can be automatically deleted I suppose.
Blancpain regulation was : At the end of qualifying, and of the races, the car must contain at least 2 kg of fuel .

Last edited:
About leaderboard, best time in barcelona is a Porsche Cup about 2.5 seconds faster than everyone else. Looks suspicious :)
Either a glitch or a cheater. To avoid that kind of issue, cleaning record laps repository will not do the trick because for fake results, at each restart at client side, it will come back. Perhaps you could add a invalidate flag in database. Up to each user to do the clean up and you don't have to take care of it.

edit: also laps with 0.00 fuel looks not really legit. These can be automatically deleted I suppose.
Blancpain regulation was : At the end of qualifying, and of the races, the car must contain at least 2 kg of fuel .

I had seem someone in a Cup car record 2:06 in Spa which made me curious. It looks like that is gone today though (he might have deleted it). I thought I had discounted manual records from the leaderboard, but maybe not - I'll check - maybe that's would that was

EDIT: Just checked by adding a silly time for Spa manually and it doesn't appear to be uploaded. I suspect it might be down to people changing the track and inadvertently picking the wrong one (eg there's a 1:51 for Spa in there).

I think you are right...adding something to manually discount suspect entries it probably the best solution

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%