ACC Results Companion

Misc ACC Results Companion 1.24.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
A side effect is that you will briefly see 2 sessions at the end of the race until they are matched.

Unfortunately, it could stay forever in certain case.
I have done two SP hotstint sessions in ACC. When exiting, the first one appears on two lines (two session records). One was complete, the other, labelled practice, with only one lap inside. The second SP hotstint was as expected with only one session recorded.

And a small reminder, change track year popup window is still saved in absolute position instead of relative to main windows.

Unfortunately, it could stay forever in certain case.
I have done two SP hotstint sessions in ACC. When exiting, the first one appears on two lines (two session records). One was complete, the other, labelled practice, with only one lap inside. The second SP hotstint was as expected with only one session recorded.

And a small reminder, change track year popup window is still saved in absolute position instead of relative to main windows.

The temporary 2 sessions will only ever occur for SP races.

The issue with some spurious practice sessions is an annoying side effect of trying to record sessions when player is not driving yet. The previous check (now removed) said that a session would only be recorded if the player had completed a lap. When a session changes, ACC reports it as a practice session. ACC has a bunch of flags to indicate when it isn't in a race, but I don't believe I've ever seen anything other than ACC_LIVE. The session type flag is 0 for practice and I think it probably goes to 0 when it isn't in a session, rather than intentionally saying it is a practice. It still has enough information so ARC to think it is a complete valid session - so you see a practice lap with a duplicate of your previous session's last lap. I'm going to have to do more testing to see how I can filter these out.

Change track year dialog - yes you're right. It looks like I'd completely forgotten to implement position save on that one

Great application I'm using for months. I just built a new PC and I'm looking for a possibility to move all the results from the older pc to the new one. Is there a way to import existing results?

Great application I'm using for months. I just built a new PC and I'm looking for a possibility to move all the results from the older pc to the new one. Is there a way to import existing results?
There's two ways to do this (a quick and a not so quick)
  • Quick way
    1. On old PC, right click on sessions tab and select Export Diagnostics
    2. ZKqEjNc.png
    3. An explorer window will pop-up containing a file called something like Diagnostics_<unique ID>_<Current date and time>.zip. Copy this zip file to your new PC
    4. Another dialog will pop up asking if you want to upload the diagnostics - you can cancel this
    5. Install ARC on your new PC
    6. Go to the settings tab - it will tell you the ARC data folder
    7. 1611661442088.png
    8. Close ARC
    9. Extract the diagnostics zip file to this folder
    10. Re-open ARC - you should see your sessions now
    11. This method only copies across your sessions database and settings, but not any backup files
  • Not so quick way
    • On old PC, get the ARC data folder location from step 6 above
    • If you want you can open this folder using the button highlighted below
    • 1611661672432.png
    • Zip everything in this folder
    • Copy to your new PC and follow steps 5-10 above
    • This will copy across your backup files
      • There are backups of the database each time you upgrade - just in case the upgrade breaks something. You don't really need these
      • There are raw backups of every session. These are useful is you accidentally delete a session or want to send a session to someone else, so that they can import
      • Note, the backups folder can grow to be very large

Attachments

• 1611661434359.png
    1611661434359.png
    96.9 KB · Views: 48
Found a small UI bug.
If I set a filter for a car/track combo in session tab, then within this filtered list I delete one session. After updating, ACCR shows the full session list (not filtered) with filter combo box still filled.
I think filtering should be reapplied after database update. Or if it's easier, filtering combo box should be cleared.

Found a small UI bug.
If I set a filter for a car/track combo in session tab, then within this filtered list I delete one session. After updating, ACCR shows the full session list (not filtered) with filter combo box still filled.
I think filtering should be reapplied after database update. Or if it's easier, filtering combo box should be cleared.

I think there are probably a few cases in there of certain actions refreshing the full session list but ignoring the filter. I'll add to the list of things to do

Hi, I've been noticing a few times lately that 'Unknown Car has been appearing randomly. Any ideas what is causing it/solution? Thanks in advance.
"Unknown Car" has two possible causes
  • It has fully recorded the session but can't work out which is the player car. If you select the All Cars radio button and you see laps recorded for all cars, then you can correct the session by right clicking on the session row and selecting Fix Session, then choose the race number of your car
  • If no laps are seen when All cars selected, then this is a more serious failure and something prevented laps being recorded - Unfortunately, the session can't be salvaged
Can you provide diagnostics (look here for instructions on getting the diagnostics) and I'll have a look

I'm having an issue with the program saying it doesn't have access to the data. That I have to Either, click Cancel, and manually configure the broadcasting.json file in the ACC config folder, or click Save to allow ACC Results Companion to configure it for you. It will require a restart of ACC following configuration. What am I suppose to change?

I'm having an issue with the program saying it doesn't have access to the data. That I have to Either, click Cancel, and manually configure the broadcasting.json file in the ACC config folder, or click Save to allow ACC Results Companion to configure it for you. It will require a restart of ACC following configuration. What am I suppose to change?

In the following dialog...
dcK1YBE.png

..if you press the Save button, it will attempt to set up ACC for broadcasting.

If you don't like the idea of this app automatically changing ACC configuration, you can press cancel and configure the file manually
  • In the folder <Documents>\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config, create a file called broadcasting.json. Edit the file and add the following lines
  • JSON:
    {
        "updListenerPort": 9000,
        "connectionPassword": "asd",
        "commandPassword": ""
    }

"Unknown Car" has two possible causes
  • It has fully recorded the session but can't work out which is the player car. If you select the All Cars radio button and you see laps recorded for all cars, then you can correct the session by right clicking on the session row and selecting Fix Session, then choose the race number of your car
  • If no laps are seen when All cars selected, then this is a more serious failure and something prevented laps being recorded - Unfortunately, the session can't be salvaged
Can you provide diagnostics (look here for instructions on getting the diagnostics) and I'll have a look

Thank you for the reply. I’ll get the diagnostics to you this evening.

Once again, amazing tool and support.

Hi Doug,

I’ve seen some people looking for better statistics than what ACC offers and naturally I always suggest your app. Some ran into issues that I think you’ve explained here (Fix session) but some are perhaps truly a bug (single car and driver reported that has nothing to do with the actual user).

I try to encourage people to come here to report as it’s no doubt easier for your but if you are in Sim Grid‘s Discord I wanted to bring this to your attention.

Up to you if thats not the best venue to try to offer support. I wasn’t sure if you had an ARC discord of your own for support..

Last edited:
Hi Doug,

I’ve seen some people looking for better statistics than what ACC offers and naturally I always suggest your app. Some ran into issues that I think you’ve explained here (Fix session) but some are perhaps truly a bug (single car and driver reported that has nothing to do with the actual user).

I try to encourage people to come here to report as it’s no doubt easier for your but if you are in Sim Grid‘s Discord I wanted to bring this to your attention.

Up to you if thats not the best venue to try to offer support. I wasn’t sure if you had an ARC discord of your own for support..

If anyone has issues, it is easier for me if they report them here (or at ACC Tools forum). I rarely look at Discord as there is a chance I'll miss people's questions

Last edited:
I've been getting a lot of empty entries, with "Unknown car" doubling up the actual sessions since a couple patches. I tried reinstalling and clearing up some of the sessions but I still get it quite often.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 53 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%