Advice for G920 Brake/Throttle Mods

Hi so I got the 3drap brake mod but had also ordered Ebay Chinese spring replacements for the g920. Does anyone have experience with either is it foolish to expect the Chinese Ebay springs to be worth anything. I really wanted to try to get the break softer and more accurate and the throttle harder. Glad I updated the shifter but taking apart the pedals is much more involved and I wanted to try to nail it on the first try. Any advice either switching around stock pedals or taking something out or experience with either solution or combining them is appreciated!

• Deleted member 1234936

Is the brake the same idea as the G27, ie spring inside two sliding cups?

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 1234936

Ok so ymmv,

For the Brake, I got a pack of tap washers from a local hardware store, they are about 5mm thick solid rubber, with a small hole Punched in the middle. I Put one under the spring in the bottom of the cup and it transformed them, it gave the pedal a very hydraulic feel, very accurate breaking ensued, ie trail breaking instead of on/off lock ups.

Now you get five in a pack, so you could enlarge the centre holes to fine tune the breaking to your liking, but I was happy with as is.

The mod never wore out in the two years I used them daily, So it was fit and forget. (bonus).

I didn't do anything with the accelerator pedal, but there is no reason the above should not work with it.

hth

Jason

Upvote 0
I didn't do anything with the accelerator pedal, but there is no reason the above should not work with it.
It would make the throttle feel more like brakes, but that would not seem an improvement IMO.
FWIW, I added weight at the top of the throttle pedal, to simulate throttle linkage inertia.
This aggravated clunking sounds at throttle travel ends, which want damping with bits of rubber or soft vinyl.

Also FWIW, G29 and G920 brake pedals already have an insert to approximate real brake pedal feel better than G27, with a nonlinearity in brake pedal response curve to very roughly approximate force. Logitech's insert softens with use; matching their pedal response "knee" to its evolving insert resistance point is problematic.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 1234936

It would make the throttle feel more like brakes, but that would not seem an improvement IMO.

If you enlarge the hole in washer you effectively reduce the resistance of the pedal pressure.

Upvote 0
So I replaced both the brake and throttle spring. Completely happy with the initial feel of both but now the brake goes to 100% when its pressed 90%. Did some googling and see its a common issue with the GYTE type spring replacement so going to try to size it with the tap washer possibly. The throttle and brake though feel so much better overall could trail brake and accelerate smoother in open air type cars.

Upvote 0
@Jason Pladoh did the washers help the brake go all the way to 100 when fully pressed....without the rubber there is that curve so I'm trying to get it to go all the way because in rally and other games where I slam the breaks sometimes its throwing me off. I ordered them off amazon should be here tomorrow.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 1234936

I never had a Problem getting to 100% breaking, but I did recalibrate after fitting. It was a more Progressive brake travel feel, and never felt the need to slam the brake on, even in dirt rally.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 276 37.0%
  • Porsche

Votes: 284 38.1%
  • BMW

Votes: 266 35.7%
  • McLaren

Votes: 174 23.3%
  • Toyota

Votes: 281 37.7%
  • Intel

Votes: 93 12.5%