AI Crashes - All in One [SemiMoMods]

Misc AI Crashes - All in One [SemiMoMods] v8.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi Mate,

Really enjoying the mod. Sorry if you're already aware of this, or if this is me doing something wrong on my end, but I've just been testing this mod and after a few restarts or flashbacks, the damage is completely disabled. Is this an inherent problem with modding the game (I wouldn't be surprised considering flashbacks are involved), or am I doing something wrong?

Apart from that, it's fantastic though!

New report after turning safety cars to "reduced".

First thing's first, the post above me about damage being disabled...as far as I can tell, that seems to be legit. I'll get back to that. Did three races at Spa, Zandvoort, and Monza. Spa was in the rain most of the race so AI was being cautious. A few yellow sectors here and there, but otherwise a completely clean race--my first since this mod was installed lol. Zandvoort had some carnage at the beginning that brought out a VSC early, but nothing more than some yellow sectors the rest of the race. Monza was absolute carnage as it should've been, and yet there were only a couple of VSC's in the first 5 laps. Still a lot of wrecking and at least one that should've been a red flag, much less a SC, and yet nope, just a yellow flag.

And I was involved in that huge wreck and came away unscathed. So yea, damage is definitely turned off for some reason. Though I did receive a slow puncture earlier in the race. I did use the "Do not apply damage to myteam car" file.

So yea. Reduced Safety Cars seems to override whatever you've done to trigger them more often, though it does allow room for VSC to breathe, albeit only in the early parts of the race and not later when there is still a wreck or two to be found. I think for my next run of races I'll return it to Normal Safety Cars and see if the SC part of your mod works at all when fiddling with the in-game options. I think the sweet spot is max 2 safety cars in a 50% race with the possibility for a red flag and some room for VSC's.

Hi Mate,

Really enjoying the mod. Sorry if you're already aware of this, or if this is me doing something wrong on my end, but I've just been testing this mod and after a few restarts or flashbacks, the damage is completely disabled. Is this an inherent problem with modding the game (I wouldn't be surprised considering flashbacks are involved), or am I doing something wrong?

Apart from that, it's fantastic though!
This is actually just a bug with the game itself.
Even without mods this happens.
Codemasters are 'aware' of it apparently

Last edited:
New report after turning safety cars to "reduced".

First thing's first, the post above me about damage being disabled...as far as I can tell, that seems to be legit. I'll get back to that. Did three races at Spa, Zandvoort, and Monza. Spa was in the rain most of the race so AI was being cautious. A few yellow sectors here and there, but otherwise a completely clean race--my first since this mod was installed lol. Zandvoort had some carnage at the beginning that brought out a VSC early, but nothing more than some yellow sectors the rest of the race. Monza was absolute carnage as it should've been, and yet there were only a couple of VSC's in the first 5 laps. Still a lot of wrecking and at least one that should've been a red flag, much less a SC, and yet nope, just a yellow flag.

And I was involved in that huge wreck and came away unscathed. So yea, damage is definitely turned off for some reason. Though I did receive a slow puncture earlier in the race. I did use the "Do not apply damage to myteam car" file.

So yea. Reduced Safety Cars seems to override whatever you've done to trigger them more often, though it does allow room for VSC to breathe, albeit only in the early parts of the race and not later when there is still a wreck or two to be found. I think for my next run of races I'll return it to Normal Safety Cars and see if the SC part of your mod works at all when fiddling with the in-game options. I think the sweet spot is max 2 safety cars in a 50% race with the possibility for a red flag and some room for VSC's.
My mod doesn't do anything to change the chance of a safety car, simply raises the damage values of the cars. I use safety car probability at 'Normal'.

Receiving no damage to your car after a huge wreck can be explained by the bug in the game (not mod related) https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical...s-sim-damage/m-p/12658651/highlight/true#M914

Yeah setting it to 3.0 along with the other values that make the wing more fragile, meant the AI were pitting almost every other lap, which sucked. So I raised the minimum speed to accommodate but perhaps went too far
Thank you, I think I misunderstood because the update said "wing damage too infrequent" so I thought you wanted cars to suffer more damage, and not less.

In any case, do you think that AI pitting too often for a new front wing was due to your mod only or combied with the unleashed AI behavior mod by Kolarr? I don't have the game yet but I am preparing everything to be sorted out with the mods once I will get it on pc.

Thank you, I think I misunderstood because the update said "wing damage too infrequent" so I thought you wanted cars to suffer more damage, and not less.

In any case, do you think that AI pitting too often for a new front wing was due to your mod only or combied with the unleashed AI behavior mod by Kolarr? I don't have the game yet but I am preparing everything to be sorted out with the mods once I will get it on pc.
The combination definitely raised the amount of Crashes.
Pre Improved AI I had to turn up the damage values quite alot in order to get any AI crashes.
But since Kolarr's mod came out I've had to slowly bring values down to avoid 15 cars DNF'ing most weekends

The combination definitely raised the amount of Crashes.
Pre Improved AI I had to turn up the damage values quite alot in order to get any AI crashes.
But since Kolarr's mod came out I've had to slowly bring values down to avoid 15 cars DNF'ing most weekends
I think it's very difficult to make the 2 mods cohexist without breaking the game. I am looking forward to try the combinations, but as per my experience with improved and modded AI in F1 22 I think I am going to mod my own version of this damage mod without altering the suspensions or wing damage but keeping the changes in slipstream, tyre wear and puncture probability.

Out of curiosity, I wanted to know if you know what these specific values do and why you decided to modify them like this:

Suspension Damage threshold is clear to me, it modifies the minimum speed in kmh to let the damage occur, but then:

<FrontDamageScale value="0.001" /> to 1.0
<RearDamageScale value="0.0001" /> to 1.0
<WheelDetachScale value="1.000000" /> to 0.80
<PartsDetachScale value="1.0" /> to 0.50
<LinearFractureLimit value="50.0" /> to 180
<AngularFractureLimit value="30.0" /> to 180

Did you try different values and notice substantial differences? I am very curious about it to know more about the individual values, Or it was more about trial and error?

Thank you for your time!

I think it's very difficult to make the 2 mods cohexist without breaking the game. I am looking forward to try the combinations, but as per my experience with improved and modded AI in F1 22 I think I am going to mod my own version of this damage mod without altering the suspensions or wing damage but keeping the changes in slipstream, tyre wear and puncture probability.

Out of curiosity, I wanted to know if you know what these specific values do and why you decided to modify them like this:

Suspension Damage threshold is clear to me, it modifies the minimum speed in kmh to let the damage occur, but then:

Did you try different values and notice substantial differences? I am very curious about it to know more about the individual values, Or it was more about trial and error?

Thank you for your time!
Out of curiosity, how does the 2 mods co-existing 'break the game' ?

Out of curiosity, how does the 2 mods co-existing 'break the game' ?
Because like you said it is difficult to find a sweet spot between increased damage sensitivity and more aggressive AI. Ever since the F1 2018 version of "unchained AI" if I merged that with an increased damage rate that gave me too many DNFS. I tried so hard in 2022 to find a balance and eventually dropped one of the two mods.

But I really hope you can nail the values to provide an amazing experience that will make us use the two mods together with the right balance! And I can't wait to put my hands on the game to try your mod

Because like you said it is difficult to find a sweet spot between increased damage sensitivity and more aggressive AI. Ever since the F1 2018 version of "unchained AI" if I merged that with an increased damage rate that gave me too many DNFS. I tried so hard in 2022 to find a balance and eventually dropped one of the two mods.

But I really hope you can nail the values to provide an amazing experience that will make us use the two mods together with the right balance! And I can't wait to put my hands on the game to try your mod
Well have you tried? lol
I have a discord of people providing feedback, and playing myself. I get anywhere between 0 and 3 crashes per race.

Hey,
How can i use your erp file cause i'm already using a sc_unlocks.erp for playable drivers.
Can i make a merge of both files and if i can, how can i do that please ?
Many thanks,

Last edited:
Well have you tried? lol
I have a discord of people providing feedback, and playing myself. I get anywhere between 0 and 3 crashes per race.
Sorry, this didn't mean to attack your creation, this is the last thing I wanted to do. I actually am impressed about pulling off the right balance with values.

As a mod fan and experimenter myself, I am always interested in talking about creations, I was saying that if you managed to find that right balance I am impressed, more on the positive side, because it's very easy to break the game. I was not referring to this mod in particular but to my experiences in the past, just underlining how challenging it is to nail it.

Didn't mean that to come out as something against your mod, again, I can't wait to try it!

Do you have any info you'd be willing to share about the specific values?

Is it possible to be part of your Discord to gather info?

Thanks again!

Sorry, this didn't mean to attack your creation, this is the last thing I wanted to do. I actually am impressed about pulling off the right balance with values.

As a mod fan and experimenter myself, I am always interested in talking about creations, I was saying that if you managed to find that right balance I am impressed, more on the positive side, because it's very easy to break the game. I was not referring to this mod in particular but to my experiences in the past, just underlining how challenging it is to nail it.

Didn't mean that to come out as something against your mod, again, I can't wait to try it!

Do you have any info you'd be willing to share about the specific values?

Is it possible to be part of your Discord to gather info?

Thanks again!
No worries mate,

^-- Setting these to 1.0 as per StrongestFish from did for the last 3 years. (F1 2019, 2022, 2021)

^-- Lower value means weaker. Weaker Wheels mean more DNF's :)

^-- Lower value means weaker. More broken front wings.

^-- Genuinely no idea what these do, they are new to F1 23. I tried 1.0, 0.0, 180, 4000, didn't notice anything different between any of the values. They are 180 because that was the last value I tried and just left it that way lol. Feel free to try figure out what they do! I think it has something to do with the damage to your tyres as you scrape a wall? at certain angles maybe? I dunno. I guess thats why I left it at 180 maybe assuming that you can damage your tyres at all angles? Shrug!

This is actually just a bug with the game itself.
Even without mods this happens.
Codemasters are 'aware' of it apparently
Ahh ok fair enough. Is your mod able to work well on standard damage, or is it designed around simulation damage?

As I say though, it's very impressive regardless!!!

Ahh ok fair enough. Is your mod able to work well on standard damage, or is it designed around simulation damage?

As I say though, it's very impressive regardless!!!
You can use Standard Damage that's fine.
My mod does overwrite that though, so you'll have to select the 'Do Not Add Damage to MyTeam Car' version

Last edited:

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 240 34.0%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 194 27.5%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 134 19.0%
  • Watch party

Votes: 57 8.1%
  • At a friends house