AMS 2 | Nords & More Coming To Automobilista 2 Soon!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have taken to the internet to tease some very sweet looking new content heading to the simulation very soon...
  • AMS 2 update scheduled for October 30th.
  • Nürburgring Nordschleife joining the sim.
  • Several cars expected to be included in the update.
Yes, we are closing in on the end of the month and as such, the various development teams are hard at work bringing about the various new builds and updates to their simulation - of which Reiza apparently have quite the content drop scheduled for AMS 2.

The legendary Nürburgring Nordschleife will of course always headline any type of content release - just the sheer size of the track and its (rightful) legendary status within the racing community earn it that privilege, and doubtlessly the arrival of Nords will be the first thing most players give a run out when the track arrives in AMS 2 at the end of this month.

That said, Reiza Studios have also promised a number of new pieces of content as well as the usual sizeable game update with this next build, and if their Tweet above is anything to go by, expect some awesome cars thrown in for good measure too...

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

If you ever wondered if you are getting the most from your simulation, why not head over to the RaceDepartment AMS 2 Sub Forum and find out! Start a thread, and let the awesome community here at RD help you out!

AMS 2 Update 2.jpg

Reiza hasn't released a single track recycled from PCars. Some cars however are models from PCars, like the Ginettas, the Group A and M1 probably as well, and I suppose the GT3/4 cars will also be models from SMS... Reiza still does their physics and the car models from PCars are great so I dont have a problem with that, specially considering that when they use models from PCars Reiza releases that content for free.

As for the new update, Reiza, please, for the love of all things holy, don't release another update in the same unfinished and buggy state of the last one. A big part of the sim racing community seems to be already predisposed to hate on AMS 2 because of the engine used so if you release this highly popular and anticipated content in the same buggy state as last time it might be the final nail in the coffin for any hopes of AMS 2 ever becoming even remotely successful.

I'd say it's better to delay content a little bit and release something that will impress people than to keep your deadlines but release something so unfinished that will put everyone off.

exception is monaco

While I appreciate the track, I would have liked Reiza to hold on the number of cars and optimize what is already released.
Much of the current content is very good (as I'd expect from Reiza Studios) but some cars are just plain bad.
I drove the Lancer a few weeks back and it was absolutely horrible...indirect in steering and just lacking in every area.
I had a close associate who built and race-prepped Lancer models.
They're like extreme Karts for the road.
He had a rather wealthy client 'sink' $60k in a build a few years back.
That car dyno-ed at 628 hp @7200 and 495+ ft lbs of torque.
That car is extreme I know but the car in AMS2 exhibits nothing compared to that car or any other Lancer I have driven.
I know the guys will get around to fixing it eventually but with the release of every new car it just prolongs that.

Last edited:
LOL at those who don't want to memorise the Green Hell....try Isle of Man, now THAT's a struggle to memorise!!

When you ride it in real life it embeds a lot quicker! I remember taking my VFR400 over the mountain on Mad Sunday and I was only overtaken by one bike. One of the highlights of my life, I was on it that day. That said, that was 20 years ago when my bravery level was high.

I'll probably buy this DLC but then again I bought it for RF2 and now rarely play it (doesn't help that it takes forever to load). I guess I've got a bit of Ring burnout.

For sure!!!!
If RF2 would fix the AI and full course yellow,it could be up on par with the best of the best Sim's on the market.

100% right on both problems...

I tried 20 AI with BMW M2 @ 115%, and half of the cars ends up in walls or doing barrel rolls ... So the yellow flag comes out and you have to wait 20mn before you finish the lap... Then restart and yellow flag again after 1mn

The frustration is massive !!

How come McDonalds is so successful?
They clearly offer inferior mass produced fast food.

I don’t like McDonalds, but you can’t argue taste.

So pCars is McDonalds, actually that’s selling pCars short as it has qualities, but AMS 2 is better, as was AMS as was Stockcar Extreme etc, yet they do not have the same commercial success. Reiza develops a niche product with a growing mainstream component. Win win right.

Let Reiza do their thing, they build their reputation on dedicating themselves to that niche. They are like a sports / race car tuner, they rebuilt, they add, they improve, it does not matter what game engine they choose next - they’ll work their magic.
Great analogy !

How come AMS2 participation is about 200 max at any time of the day and PCARS2 is about 1200-1400 at the same time if AMS2 builds on PCARS2 and is the sim that PCARS3 should have been?
Car & track selection & lack of marketing oomph.. People want Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche and the familiar tracks.

Having said all that - even though I would like that too - Im loving what is there - really fresh content compared to everything else...

Car & track selection & lack of marketing oomph.. People want Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche and the familiar tracks.

Having said all that - even though I would like that too - Im loving what is there - really fresh content compared to everything else...
seems, people want another copy of another copy.
Ferrari,Lambo and Porsche are not the world. Neither always the same 3 tracks.

seems, people want another copy of another copy.
Ferrari,Lambo and Porsche are not the world. Neither always the same 3 tracks.
I enjoy the familiar as much as the next guy and I'm looking forward to the Ring and Spa, but I also have to say that if it wasn't for doing a league in AMS2 I never would have discovered the Estoril track (Cascais) that I find that I really enjoy.

I really like the Brazilian tracks, i'd never have driven these in a sim if it weren't for AMS.

Curvelo Short is my favourite.

These tracks and some of the more obscure cars are a real USP for AMS.
AMS2 has helped me to see some of the basic inconsistencies in the Sim Racing community too. I've seen several YouTubers complain that AMS2 "doesn't offer anything new." Well, here are some Brazilian tracks that you've probably never heard of (plus one in Ecuador (I think) whose name escapes me, but I enjoyed and thought it was gorgeous). What other series includes Brazilian stockcars?

Oh, but AMS2 sucks because it just focuses on Brazilian racing and who cares about that?

So what they're saying is that they want something new, but they want it to be familiar to them?

I use VR, so I want AMS2 to succeed. I love how it looks. I enjoy how it sounds. I am enjoying the FFB. It plays nicely with Crew Chief, Sim Hub, and the Telemetry app. Sure, I can do most everything else in AC, but I'm enjoying AMS2 on its own.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 34 15.7%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 27 12.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 30 13.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • Friday

Votes: 75 34.7%
  • Saturday

Votes: 122 56.5%