Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Nice to see the deformable mesh, dirt and scrapes on these though :cool:
Well that's rather odd, since the server is set to have all damage disabled. Scratches perhaps, but there shouldn't be any deforming going on. :O_o:

That's somewhat concerning since people were losing front wings on their FV12's in a previous race, which also had damage disabled. Looks like we may have found a problem.

I have a love hate for this title atm and feel there is still lots of little problems left to get sorted.
Track rubbering not carrying over to the race session is my biggest issue asides from my driving today lol
In race 2 quali...I ran a half ass lap forgetting it was quali with my race setup and 50L of fuel so I slammed on the breaks a few hundred feet before the finish line as I wanted to start in the back....1.21.4.....race with boost (which I didn't have mapped in R1) the best I could manage was a 1.22.4?
Lack of low speed grip was another issue that caused me a few loop outs.
This car gives me mixed feelings, some tracks you can push like crazy and it feels amazing, other tracks your dancing on eggshells fighting the car from spinning out.

Last edited:
For me it was a love/hate experience, I love Brazilian StockCars "well I am Brazilian" But it was my first race ever in AMS2 and did not have more than 30 mins practice. So I new the challenge would be enormous specially with this car/track combination.
I had to quit the race out of frustration for not getting the HUD right and ended up crashing looking for a relative/position/laptime hud. I was driving blind and not having fun but in some parts of the track the cars feels great. I have to sort those things out for the next one. Looking forward to a Sprint Race though. I hope you pick this car again soon :)

Well that's rather odd, since the server is set to have all damage disabled. Scratches perhaps, but there shouldn't be any deforming going on. :O_o:

That's somewhat concerning since people were losing front wings on their FV12's in a previous race, which also had damage disabled. Looks like we may have found a problem.
Is it definitely set to all damage off or is it visual only? I'd expect no performance impact with visual only but guess there could be a bug.

It’s a function of these cars and can be worth a second over a long lap. You only get a certain number of activations with a period in between where you can’t use it. It’s best saved for when coming onto a long straight.

Is it definitely set to all damage off or is it visual only?

Damage.png

For anyone who loves engines there’s a good article on Brazilian Stock cars found here:

The push to pass section says:
“Since frequent passing makes for exciting racing, the Brazilian stock cars use a push-to-pass feature that's controlled by a Bosch engine management computer. "The system works by electronically limiting the opening of the throttle-body at 75 percent under normal conditions," Mast explains. "This cuts engine output by 80 hp, and when the drivers hit a button, the throttle-body opens back up to 100 percent. The exact figures vary by track, but on average the drivers are given 10 seconds of push-to-pass operation 10 times in each race."

Anyone finding the this one locks up under almost any brake pressure? It's almost as if this one is still running the brake model from EA; tried the version in rf2, and the brakes seem fine.

Have had a quick play with bias, but the car seems very sensitive to braking.

Sorry if this counts as off-topic!

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 38 84.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 15 33.3%