Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Hey Dan,click on steam (top right) then settings,when box opens theres a dropdown to opt in. It downloads and a restart of steam is needed. I dont know if this is what fixed it or not but if the rd server is set up by someone running the beta it may well affect folks that are not running it ???

I dont know if this is what fixed it or not but if the rd server is set up by someone running the beta it may well affect folks that are not running it ???
This is not the issue as RD staff do not host our club races on their own PCs. Everything is hosted on a dedicated RaceDepartment server. Also, there are two types of DS available for AMS 2, one for beta and one for the release version, and our server runs the release version.

Hey Dan,click on steam (top right) then settings,when box opens theres a dropdown to opt in.
As mentioned above, the beta version is not accessible to those who did not pre-order AMS 2. Just confirmed it myself since I have no access to the beta.

Ok I’ll not bother to try and access the beta.
I think it’s going to be hit and miss as to whether I will be able to get in tomorrow by the looks of it...

Last edited:
Its a steam beta ? Just try it? if it does not work then it's cool. But I've been trying for weeks asking folks as to what may cause this. Then today after about 20 times refreshing with no show, I go back to steam beta and helloooooo server.

Its a steam beta ? Just try it?
Mate, if you don't have access to the beta than there is no option to join it in Steam. It's not a Steam beta, it's a beta run by Reiza and only those who bought into it have access.

AMS2Bata.png

Last edited:
Got it I have no beta access.
Is the server still up as I’m trying to find it with multiple refreshes and restarts but obviously if it’s not then that is the definition of madness

Yeah i know Ross but i opted into steam beta update and it updated steam. the server has been there since. The point im making is if you cant see server then whats wrong with trying it ? It surly cant be coincedence? maybe tho.

Last edited:
Well I’m seeing this problem again as well though did see the server once out of a dozen or so refreshes. In terms of client not sure where the issue would be as since I last had the problem I’ve replaced the motherboard and am on a fresh Win10 build with an AMS2 install configured from scratch.

I’ve seen this before too, almost every race I join I find it eventually but for some reason it’s worse right now, maybe a bug in the latest patch or two.
When I say it’s a client issue I just mean that I don’t think it’s server related unless it’s not being advertised consistently.
I just don’t get why I see different servers and different amounts of servers every time I refresh or restart.
How does the client fetch available servers? Maybe a bug in the mechanism?

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 29 9.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 23 7.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 7 2.2%