Anyone know how to fix cars not showing up in car list after install of a some of the new mods....

The cars appear in the menu but not in the spinner? An issue with folder structure or .cas files or .gtr files.

Select a car and try to go a track, the game should CTD; now check the trace file, it will show what is wrong.

The cars appear in the menu but not in the spinner? An issue with folder structure or .cas files or .gtr files.

Select a car and try to go a track, the game should CTD; now check the trace file, it will show what is wrong.
tried it yesterday the game crashed 5 times when i trying to drive the next gen NASCAR car and i was trying to drive at texas motor speedway this is what i get everytime when i try to drive a NASCAR car 2013-2022 mod its self i think its either broken or something here is the screenshot
E R R O R.PNG

this is what i get when i try to drive a nascar next gen i get this BUT the mofied tour/nextel cup/craftsman turck series works no problem

Hmm, never seen that popup.

Open your GTR2 shortcut and edit the target line, adding -trace=1000 to the end, so it looks like "L:\GTR2\GTR2.exe -trace=1000" (without quotes). Now when the program crashes go the "UserData/Log" folder, there should be a trace.txt file there, near the end of it should be an indication of the exact problem ("could not read...", "could not load....", "cube error...", etc.).

Since you have the menu listing, the .car files are being read; no car in the spinner means the 3D model is not being loaded, either the .gtr file is corrupt or missing, or the path in the .cas file pointing to it is missing or incorrect, or the .cas file is missing, or the .car file is looking for a different .cas file. (The .car file calls the .cas file and .hdc file; the .cas file calls the .gtr files for 3D models and textures, the .hdc file calls the engine, gearbox, and tires; the trace file will tell what is missing.)

Hmm, never seen that popup.

Open your GTR2 shortcut and edit the target line, adding -trace=1000 to the end, so it looks like "L:\GTR2\GTR2.exe -trace=1000" (without quotes). Now when the program crashes go the "UserData/Log" folder, there should be a trace.txt file there, near the end of it should be an indication of the exact problem ("could not read...", "could not load....", "cube error...", etc.).

Since you have the menu listing, the .car files are being read; no car in the spinner means the 3D model is not being loaded, either the .gtr file is corrupt or missing, or the path in the .cas file pointing to it is missing or incorrect, or the .cas file is missing, or the .car file is looking for a different .cas file. (The .car file calls the .cas file and .hdc file; the .cas file calls the .gtr files for 3D models and textures, the .hdc file calls the engine, gearbox, and tires; the trace file will tell what is missing.)
i think i do have the car files but where does it go? a
92834.PNG

also take a look at this
crash file.PNG

@jgf
It seems he also asked at EEC for this problem.
I try to help him too as I think he made a mistake to install the mod.

I tried to have precise infos about his problem but got no precise info to help him.
The only precise point was: "BUT i do have 2005 nascar nextel cup series mod"
I installed it on my side and had no problem for running it.

But it seems in other messages that he added some other mod it seems ( 2013 - 2022 )

Difficult to know more about it without more precise infos.
I wished to also tell him about the trace file and how to do it ... so now he knows.
I hope he will follow your advices. I have too many other things to do than ask and wait for precise infos which never come.

Last edited:
@jgf
It seems he also asked at EEC for this problem.
I try to help him too as I think he made a mistake to install the mod.

I tried to have precise infos about his problem but got no precise info to help him.
The only precise point was: "BUT i do have 2005 nascar nextel cup series mod"
I installed it on my side and had no problem for running it.

But it seems in other messages that he added some other mod it seems ( 2013 - 2022 )

Difficult to know more about it without more precise infos.
I wished to also tell him about the trace file and how to do it ... so now he knows.
I hope he will follow your advices. I have too many other things to do than ask and wait for precise infos which never come.
yeah because i REALLY wanted to drive the gen 6 cars and the 2019 cars also because i love the gen 6 era and i also suggest for the lad to kindly include instructions because that would be helpful and i do have the sounds in and the GDB and TGA also but i do hope the mod eventully gets pacthed up and more stable so i could also try the next gen cars

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 278 36.8%
  • Porsche

Votes: 289 38.2%
  • BMW

Votes: 272 36.0%
  • McLaren

Votes: 177 23.4%
  • Toyota

Votes: 283 37.4%
  • Intel

Votes: 94 12.4%