Assetto Corsa Competizione | Intercontinental GT Pack set to release February 4th

Ricoow

Premium
Teasing is nearly over! In just a few days the Intercontinental GT Pack DLC will release and bring us 4 amazing circuits from all over the world.

Kunos Simulazioni has been teasing us over and over again with all screenshots from the 4 tracks they are bringing to Assetto Corsa Competizione. Teasing us with Kyalami, Bathurst, twice with Suzuka and twice with Laguna Seca, they have now finally announced the release date of Februari 4th. Just a few more days to wait...

If you really can't wait to see the new tracks, Kunos have added to the art of teasing for you. They released an onboard with Aristotelis Vasilakos, their very own head of Car physics, around the track of Bathurst! You certainly don't want to miss that as he gives some great tips on how to do Bathurst in the GT3 cars.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC. Intercontinental GT Pack release date is set for February 4th, a price is yet unknown.

Want to race the new tracks with our community? Take a look at the ACC Race Club forums!

ACC Suzuka Preview 2.jpg

ACC Intercontinental GT Series 2.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione Laguna Seca 4.jpg

I purchased ACC day-one but I will not be purchasing any more from developers who choose closed and unmoddable platforms. I've come to the conclusion that the trend to closed platforms is too great a risk to encourage it. I hope others will consider taking this stand, as well.

The same goes for PC3 and AMS2, I won't be supporting them even though in the case of Reiza I quite like them and have supported them in the past.

I will be supporting rFactor 2, LFS, Wreckfest, and any other developer who supports the modding community.

Ask yourself, do we really want to lose the value potential of AC1, rF1/2, AMS1, Race 07 & Co., GTR2, GTL, GPL, etc.?

For the health and well-being of sim racing I think it's something we should really, really think about before putting our dollars down.

Shovas said:
I purchased ACC day-one but I will not be purchasing any more from developers who choose closed and unmoddable platforms. I've come to the conclusion that the trend to closed platforms is too great a risk to encourage it. I hope others will consider taking this stand, as well.

The same goes for PC3 and AMS2, I won't be supporting them even though in the case of Reiza I quite like them and have supported them in the past.

I will be supporting rFactor 2, LFS, Wreckfest, and any other developer who supports the modding community.

Ask yourself, do we really want to lose the value potential of AC1, rF1/2, AMS1, Race 07 & Co., GTR2, GTL, GPL, etc.?

For the health and well-being of sim racing I think it's something we should really, really think about before putting our dollars down.

I think about it differently, ACC convinced me, they want to push the game forward, so I will buy the DLC for full price and also the next ones if they keep the quality / progress. This way, they can get more money to develop more content / bugfix / optimize etc., so there is no need for community content.

It would be nice to have "extra" modding content, but with competitive game like ACC it doesn't make much sense to me and probably neither to their partner - Blancpain series organiser.

If they earn enough money, they could possibly expand ACC further faster and possibly make AC2. If everyone waits for discounts, I think it's detrimental for the sim and its development, just my point of view :) I would be even ok with some reasonable monthly fee for some servers / leagues with basic ones being free for example, but I guess that would cause fire on the forums :)

Awesome.I hope they optimize the game better.It eats the best of systems for breakfast.Maybe they should find a way to get the FPS locked at 60 FPS like some other sims out there. Does any one know what happened to the Porche GT3 cup ? I don't see it in the cars list or did I miss something?

500+ hours of fun with ACC for 25 Euro. And by the end of the year they will count to more than one thousand. Can you please repeat what you were saying about where I should spend my hard earned money, please?

Last edited:
Awesome.I hope they optimize the game better.It eats the best of systems for breakfast.Maybe they should find a way to get the FPS locked at 60 FPS like some other sims out there. Does any one know what happened to the Porche GT3 cup ? I don't see it in the cars list or did I miss something?

As far as I know you can limit the framerate. Not sure what you mean about locking them. They can optimize the game yes, but if to do that it needs to look like older games, whats the point?

And for the Porsche Cup, depending on the game mode, you need to select the 2018 season.

I guess your system isn't as good as you think it is. It isn't great on VR and maybe some lower end triple screen systems, but it's fine for me on 2560 x 1080 and I get around 120-144 frames per second on high. I manually limit it to 144 because that's my monitor frequency.

And why would you want to put a hard lock on framerate? You can already do it manually yourself, there's no reason to lock us with non-potato systems into a setting for those who need to (understandably) lower it.

Well no. As you can have both.
You can still live the dream in AC with plenty of new mods showing up every week. This being a licensed game, obviously has some restrictions when it comes to modding. The licensing, however, allows for very accurate content focused on one class of cars, and kunos seem to use it for all that it's worth. Every car and track feel very well balanced, detailed and complete. I think choosing a GT3 series was a very good idea, as it's a class that hasn't really been done well enough in other sims. In iRacing they don't feel great, and their lap times are far off. The GT3 cars in the original AC feels annoying to drive, especially after playing ACC for a little while. Personally, this is the sim i enjoy the most. The most by far that is. The only reason for me to jump into other titles are for driving very different cars on very different tracks, and AC got all that covered.

The "value potential" can be said about everything, but for 20-30 bucks, it doesn't have to give you many hours to make it worth it, compared to a lot of other games. See almost any story driven game, where you pay a 50-60$ premium for often a maximum of 100 hours of playtime. It can be a great story, but you will rarely have a fantastic experience playing through it more than once. In a multiplayer racing game, every race is different, and even with a tiny selection of tracks and cars, you can have hundreds of hours of fun before it goes dry. And then comes some DLC, with a couple of tracks, and we are back on for hundreds of more hours.

My system is very basic, built in 2015, GTX980, 32" Acer predator. I have it set on high and have no problems at all running full screen.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%