Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

Well I had to bail race 2 as I had promised to pick up my younger brother so I had to run out and jump in the car and, believe it or not, actually decrease the amount of horsepower... I didn't think it was possible after driving these cars :D

I also managed to stall on the grid for race 1 so I caused a big problem for basically everyone, big apologies for that. Drove through the field to finish 6th in the end I think which wasn't too bad I suppose. Was interesting trying to follow people at times as some peoples' cars just seemed to snap around now and then. Race 2 on Saturday will certainly be interesting (if I make it in that is...)

I thought that track worked out very well for a short endurance event! I had only a couple of OOoooops moments, one taking too much time and near the end I had an off, a crash, caught out by my tires just before making a pitstop. Haven't the pit crew heard about duck tape? Why does it take them 71 seconds to replace a front bumper?

I thought that track worked out very well for a short endurance event! I had only a couple of OOoooops moments, one taking too much time and near the end I had an off, a crash, caught out by my tires just before making a pitstop. Haven't the pit crew heard about duck tape? Why does it take them 71 seconds to replace a front bumper?
Maybe they had trouble unsticking the end from the roll :)

Reactions: Nox
I've really enjoyed this race. Specially thanks to @JimNobbs as we were battling for many, many, laps in every turn. A very fair and clean battle trying not to ruin the other's race. It's a long race and it's better to wait and brake in time than being at 0.1 from the car in front.
I don´t know if some of you could do the race with one pitstop. I pitted twice and I'm not sure if the v8 can do 90' with 200 liters . I didn´t take the risk.
Dennis, I had some damage too, but I ordered the pit crew not to repair it, as the car was drivable and didn´t want to have a coffee while waiting these slow people to fix it.

See you next time

Hard to race when you a 7 year old constantly asking question leading to spin
Know that feeling. 6 year old twins for me. Hoping the next time a race start time is discussed it moves to more like 8pm in the UK but that does not work for all.

Enjoyed the race and I do like the longer races more. Chance to settle down into a rhythm. At one point @Dennis Phelan was letting me past and because of my worn ties I could not get through in the gap he made for me! After he generously did the same for the next two corners I managed to make my car stick to the road (just) but I think I ruined Dennis's rhythm as he had a spin shortly after.

Sorry Dennis!

@Genci Estebanez I tried the 1 stop and it did not work. Close but would have ran out about 3 to 5 mins from end of race.

Got to work on my pit stop strategy though. Gambled on 1 stop (car takes 100l fuel max and I calculated I needed 205l for the race (absolute minimum). I hoped that with a pit stop and the fact I would not be in the top runners I would make it. It didn't work. Decided to pit for a splash of fuel and fresh tires about 20mins before end. Unfortunately I did not realise that my fuel load settings meant that it filled the car to what I set the fuel level to rather than adding that amount of fuel to what I had.

So when I went in the pits asking for 5l of fuel it just said sorry can not remove fuel from the car! Doh! Had to leave the pits and go in again a few laps later. My 1 stop strategy turned into 4!

I need to find the setting that controls if the fuel setting is added to the fuel you have or just tops up to the level set.

*edit* found the setting. It is called "Relative Fuel Strategy" in the player.plr and needs to be set to 1 rather than 0 as mine was.

Last edited:
Guys i'm sorry i won't get my wheel set up in time i think, fiddled all day with it and now i can't get the ffb tool to work anymore.
I'll still be there if i find a fix in time but it doesn't look too bright for the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 13 12.4%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 12 11.4%
  • Friday

Votes: 40 38.1%
  • Saturday

Votes: 60 57.1%