PC1 Banned for no reason!

Game over Nathan:D
Who wouldn't want great physics and huge car and track lists etc, and just to be sure, I have every intention of buying pcars, I may not buy it on launch, but it's definitely a game I want.

Who cares if 30-50k hardcore sim players don't buy it, but let's be honest, this is no sim right now, and it's the physics that most people use to make that judgement.....in fact, that's all I've ever been saying.
i dont think its game over :), this whole discussion is not a game to me. when i say the physics are a bit wonky i mean it feels weird at times but not as complete utter **** that you are making it out to be. you say the brakes allow you to magically slow,down but thats not the case. its not like you can turn in, mash the brakes and make it through. i outbrake myself off the track many times, especially when i have no marks to go with. i find the positives and things that are going good where you just harp on the negatives and dont care about the good stuff. theres nothing wrong with either, i just dont think the physics are as bad as you do and with some adjustments to ffb and tyre force you actually get some resistance and feling in the wheel.

Just out of curiosity David, what do you mean when you say "Tank Slapper Feel"? Would you be able to describe what that's like? I'm just trying to relate this to my experiences with pCARS to see if they match up.

Just out of curiosity David, what do you mean when you say "Tank Slapper Feel"? Would you be able to describe what that's like? I'm just trying to relate this to my experiences with pCARS to see if they match up.

The grumpet's feel to me is kind of like a pendulum, so with it's very sharp turn in, you get feedback coming thru from one side of the car to the other, of course, with very little brake feel, it's hard to feel what the car's doing, and difficult to position it correctly into a corner.
I might go and quickly try the Zonda there and see it feels the same...

bahh, zonda just feels crazy, and real digital on the ass end.
I drove GTR Evo's Zonda and that was heaps better, far more convincing, but it's really cars like the C6R that to me define the best in sim racing, that thing feels alive, and has a tremendous range of believable car behaviour.
C6R you can feel the chassis under foot and via the wheel weight, which loads beautifully thru corners.

At the moment the jury is still out on whether this will be a sim that offers top notch physics and ffb as it still along way from release.

Some don't think it will offer the above, some think it will, but there is no answer until we have the final game in our hands, until that point it's pure guess work and speculation on what the outcome will be. I can understand why some people have there doubts going by SMS's recent titles and there comments leading up to these releases, but I can also consider that some of us still remember great sim titles from SMS such as GTR2/GTL/M3 (albiet using ISI's Gmotor2 engine).

At the moment we can only comment on the current state of the title, and as it stands it's firmly in simcade territory in the physics department, and still a fair way off from being a simulation, Race Pro on Xbox 360 has better physics and car behaviour. The FFB is also a weak link, I get more useful FFB from GT5.

I admit I'm not totally happy with how little input the community has had with some decisions, and I don't like how some people have been treated on there forums, also the lack of improvement in physics/ffb over the last 7 months is concerning. However there is still plenty of time left to see how thing progress, and as there is no chance of a refund I shall be contributing until the end of the project, and hoping to get some return on my small investment.

Also PCARS isn't being developed for the next Xbox,

Are you sure? I know the new Wii version is in development but that's hardly next gen, but I've read nothing on the xbox 720/ps4 apart from an april fools post.

I've read many posts on how they're concentrating in the late stages of the current console cycle for better sales as there is a big user base.

Can you imagine a discussion like this on NOgrip or god forbid WMD's forum? ;) You'd all be banned by now and labelled as scum lower than nazi death camp torturers.

First, the one that i find really funny is the Shift 2 video a page or two back from this one, where he belts out with great confidence: "Shift 2 has THE most advanced physics system of any game ever". How do you trust what he says now? For someone who was involved in some of the first true sims ever made, do you think he was being honest there or flat out lying?
If you / he considers the engine of their previous projects as advanced then yes...

However people usually don't want to drive engines they want good and enjoyable racing games and/or sims. Or at least playable. Shift series got some issues which at least on consoles are unfixable unfortunately and won't ever get fixed. Lots of work to convince those people for another SMS game to buy. If they say they want to make that as a priority it would be understandable for me.

Can you imagine a discussion like this on NOgrip or god forbid WMD's forum? ;) You'd all be banned by now and labelled as scum lower than nazi death camp torturers.

Or even VirtuaLR, that's without question a pcars love fest.
But being that both nogrip and VLR have SMS employees acting as watchdog for "red flags" aka any criticism of pcars, it'll be interesting to see how readers react when/if pcars is just GT5 on PC.

Are you sure? I know the new Wii version is in development but that's hardly next gen, but I've read nothing on the xbox 720/ps4 apart from an april fools post.

I've read many posts on how they're concentrating in the late stages of the current console cycle for better sales as there is a big user base.

Haven't you heard Graham, the greatest next gen racing sim will run on current consoles at a mighty 30FPS.
It's quite possible that the terrific oversteer that existed in Shift1 and to a lesser degree in Shift2 could be making a return to the consoles, yayyyyyyyyyyy!!!

All with the complacent (blatant) smiley face of a moderator....

VirtualR's mod is just as bad, he's harassing anyone who exposes the weakness of the physx.
When he's confronted by other people asking him to calm down, he regroups and does the "why don't you let them know on the WMD forums" routine.

As I said before, I wonder what will happen as the release draws closer and physx are still GT5 or worse depending on the car.....

VirtualR's mod is just as bad, he's harassing anyone who exposes the weakness of the physx.
When he's confronted by other people asking him to calm down, he regroups and does the "why don't you let them know on the WMD forums" routine.

As I said before, I wonder what will happen as the release draws closer and physx are still GT5 or worse depending on the car.....

I have noticed it too. It's as if they have been paid by WMD/SMS to deliberately jump on anyone who discusses PCars in a negative way. Disgusting behaviour for moderators.

If CARS ends up being what gears stated there, no amount of insults against critics will ever disguise that.

I agree, and at some point, if proper sim physx don't start to materialize, I wonder if we'll see a wave of pcars supporters backflip.
I think that SMS are working off the assumption that the casual gamer thinks GT5 is a sim, and as GT5 calls itself a racing sim, so shall they, of course, you can't then have anyone question the physx as they're operating off the assumption that simcade physx is the real deal.

One can only bullshit out in the open for so long...

... if proper sim physx don't start to materialize, I wonder if we'll see a wave of pcars supporters backflip.
I think that SMS are working off the assumption that the casual gamer thinks GT5 is a sim, and [...] that simcade physx is the real deal.

One can only bullshit out in the open for so long...

I wouldn't bet on it and I like to quote James Woods again: "Just bought my new Porsche, doesn't feel anything like pCARS. Sold it.":p

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/banned-for-no-reason.47384/page-25#post-1138438

Have any of you taken a look at the latest dozen posts an NoGrip's "When does licensing go too far?" thread?

As usual, a personal attack on gears ("you're basically lying") or even on Durgedriven is seen as normal by guess who? the usual suspect.

I normaly don't like Durdriven's posts exept for this one

''Buzz OFF !

I beta test pCARS I will say what I like. ''

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Porsche

• BMW

• McLaren

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Toyota

• Intel

Votes: 1 20.0%