PC1 Banned for no reason!

You are sure? Good for you. At least you now admit it can and will change therefore it must be simcade now. I hope it changes too. I doubt it will because it's primary aim is to sell on the consoles, but you never know.
were you read this?but you are right. at the moment its not an hardcore-sim like iracing.funny guy

They can't answer without exposing pcars in the process:D

I dont think there's anything to be exposed. I'm sure most of us that are pro pcars feel the same way that I do. I know it's flawed in the driving model, I've said that countless times. Whats to expose?? If you read back through these forums, there aren't very many pcars supporters calling this a true sim. So it's kind of like you're arguing at a wall. Call it arcade all you want, maybe it seems arcade to you. My version of arcade games are quite different though. Remember burnout anyone?? You could smash the **** out of other cars and wall ride and such, great times............and pcars is very far from this kind of driver. It does defy the laws of phyisics at points, but you still have to be a cautious driver, it is possible to brake too late and go off and get on the throttle too early and get understeer on exit.

I've been reading following this thread for a while and I must say it's very entertaining.

IMO I think the call of Sim or Arcade or combination of both should be passed when it's released. I do hope that it leans more towards sim in the end but either way I will play it regardless as long as it's fun and enjoyable.

Simulation-arcade = simcade.
Actually I can take credits for that word :) Unfortunately its used wrongly in this discussion.

Arcade = Super Mario Kart, Blur etc
Simcade = Very close to real life / realistic car behaviour
Simracing/Simulation = A difficulty level up to 130% of real life (not extremely realistic compared to real life racing cars either)

Real life drivers most like can jump in a simcade and take off without problems. However if you put a professional racer in a simulation game (iracing, rfactor etc) he will most likely spin and crash in the first corner of a race just like we all did in the beginning.

Actually I can take credits for that word :) Unfortunately its used wrongly in this discussion.

Arcade = Super Mario Kart
Simcade = Very close to realism / realistic car behaviour
Simracing/Simulation = A difficulty level up to 130% of simcade (not realistic either compared to real life racing cars)

I think that needs some tweaking. I don´t even consider the best sims to be "very close to realism" yet :)

I was busy editing it (getting too late) but you replied already lol.

I am going to have a look in my personal archive if i can find a movie I shot back in 2007 when were in Oschersleben and we were watching Jorg Moller, Rob Huff, Andy Priaulx, Augusto Farfus, Tom Coronel and others racing on a LAN with RACE 07.

They all had driving aids on and still couldn't stay on track. Thats how realistic simracing is.

It would be much better if we ditch arcade, simcade, and simulation and just replace it with virtual racing as that is what it is basically.

If we can forgo the personal insults etc, this could become an interesting topic.

I'd like to know what is going on with Ben Collins and his involvement in the project. He was proudly introduced and posted a lot of really informative feedback that SMS were using. I look today and the last post in Ben's own physics thread was the 20th of February.

That´s not really true though. First you have the generation issue.
People who did not grow up playing games generally have a really hard time with it.
Some even get sick from it.

I´d also bet my money on that if you let those drivers put in the same amount of hours we put in they would also say the same stuff we do.

There´s a clear definition of an arcade title and a full blown simulation title.
Let´s take DK or Stefano who put years reading books about tires and then creating a model that will simulate a tire.

Would you put them in the same folder as MarioKart? No that would be insanity.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 61 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%