PC1 Banned for no reason!

Someday this will all be over and we will have a final release to review and rip apart or gloat over. Its just sad that a community of like minded enthusiasts have to be so divided over one game.

The funny thing will be when released, we will review PCARS and if it's super good, it will receive a fantastic critic and we will start clubs and leagues for it.

Even if we have to do that from prision :D

I"m not sure what more we have to do. Mr Every 'removed himself from WMD' he wasn't banned. When stated he wanted out in no uncertain terms we refunded him and removed his access.

As Chunder27, this was his last post:

I think I might give the club a miss thanks, shame for all of you!

I had a go, but so far I am afraid to say what you are doing doesn't warrant my time.

It warrants a passing interest hence the least amount invested.

Thank you and goodbye

Again, the title of this thread starts with a lie that defames us and contains a myriad more. I've pointed this out 4 times now.

We're collating the worst in the thread for your mods and will pass it on.

So this whole discussion is now focusing on the first post of Rob Every?

The way I read it: He logged into WMD and noticed he was banned (fact). As WMD is a forum powered by old fashioned vbulletin software that we used to run here at RD for years as well. I do know the ins and out of the backend and that that you can specify a specific reason for the ban that will be displayed to the user when he logs in.

Rob logged in and because SMS didn't specify a reason it displayed "No reason given" (fact)

Hence: Banned (fact) for no reason (fact).

No Bram, the lie in the title is only the start of a litany of abuse against our company, much of it defamatory. If that is what is left I'd hate to see what was moderated out.

Rob left.

Daily Planet headlines:

"Come and get it........Read all about it.......Come and get it

Games developer sues WorldWideWeb for 10 Gazillion Dollars after anonymous fanbase complains to anyone who will listen"

Come and get it.........Read all about it......Come and get it"

Holy simulated car racing Batman!

There may be a tv deal in this thread bram. You should shop it around and make some revenue off it. The sms representatives seem unreasonable and so do the guys that constantly nag a work in progress. Guys are knocking the wmd way of of development but will then pay to beta test rfactor 2 with no issues. Hypocracy me thinks. Someday this will all be over and we will have a final release to review and rip apart or gloat over. Its just sad that a community of like minded enthusiasts have to be so divided over one game.

I don´t think it is that simpel. Usually it starts with a comment stating ones discontent. Then some fanboy jumps in that doesn´t understood anything but some negative utterance in connection with his loved brand and starts insulting the threadstarter. The rest is what we see here.
There are so many people out there that are incapable of understating the formal message and try to doge the cognitive task by concentrating on "my loved brand" + some utterance of discontent/displeasure = hatemode on. If you multiply this with a narcistic ego you get an instant shitstorm.

I don't think SMS did lie either. If i remember rightly from my brief play of SHIFT2, the tyres and wear/blowouts etc only seemed to happen in the Endurance races. I think possibly they didn't have the time or going by the review the will to carry on playing to find out. Not played it myself so can not comment. But the game seems to be SHIFT in all but name but just with Ferrari DLC so i would presume if it says it on the box, it is possible.
To be honest no detailed damage doesn't like a big issue for a game like TD:F anyway. I doubt many users complain about it, and I don't see many.

Still if it's used as advertizing or on the back of the cover it's unfortunate if the damage in the actual program isn't really detailed and/or realistic. It's just crap when you don't get what is promised. On the other hand backcovers and advertizing is full of this stuff. That doesn't condone it though...

The same thing happened to VirtualR a few years back when it used to be a sim community. Rob was threatened with court action for comments posted by members on the Simbin and SMS row.
So maybe in two yeasrs time Bram and Xose will be part of the SMS team aswell? That would be quite a turnaround

Update: Unfortunately, I had no other choice but to close the comments for this item, since Slightly Mad Studios have chosen to send legal threats my way due to one of the submitted comments. It seems like discussion on this particular matter is frowned upon, apologies for the inconvenience!

http://www.virtualr.net/more-on-simbin-vs-sms

Don't draw the wrong conclusions from this old story. This one was a misunderstanding fueled by my failure to act and I took full responsibility for it.

I know Ian for many years now and he has always been very supportive of the sim racing community so accusing him or SMS to have it out for the community is a complete joke. It's sad how some people bite the hand that reaches out to them.

All we ask for is moderation, a request that is repeatedly being denied in here... changing the post title would take less than ten seconds!

No Bram, the lie in the title is only the start of a litany of abuse against our company, much of it defamatory. If that is what is left I'd hate to see what was moderated out.

Rob left.

Ian,

I've been playing pCARS myself, like it and don't want to get involved in the argument at all. I (and 99.9% of all the people involved in this thread) actually can't know who's right in this case, so I just won't think about it - matter of fact. I like the explanation posted here, tho.

However, what I, not as RD moderator but as a person, *DO* keep thinking about is how you damage your project by trying to defend it. This is merely an example of someone who's embarassed by how the project is being represented on one of the most important sim racing fansites on the globe.

Many game companies try to silence critics but that's just not the right way to deal with a community nowadays, in my opinion.

Tom

Don't draw the wrong conclusions from this old story. This one was a misunderstanding fueled by my failure to act and I took full responsibility for it.

I know Ian for many years now and he has always been very supportive of the sim racing community so accusing him or SMS to have it out for the community is a complete joke. It's sad how some people bite the hand that reaches out to them.

All we ask for is moderation, a request that is repeatedly being denied in here... changing the post title would take less than ten seconds!
You're not the person to ask for moderation, you're not that good your self.

Reading all this tastes like codliver oil, especially when knowing that a lot of it comes from a 43 years old professional company owner. Better sue the people who broke the NDA, if there was any, and not the people who recieve the feedback and react on it. Hilarious, just like calling us outright haters (who cares about smiles, all one can receive is text, everything else added to it can have different meanings). lol

Gives me the idea, that somebody is trying to empty pockets through different channels; not the usual way one would expect.

Glad I never joined this project. If I was from RD I would have never given this project a chance to promote itself here. Somehow it was kind of foreseeable and only a matter of time until the project responsibly jumps in and starts doing what it is doing right now.

I don´t think it is that simpel. Usually it starts with a comment stating ones discontent. Then some fanboy jumps in that doesn´t understood anything but some negative utterance in connection with his loved brand and starts insulting the threadstarter. The rest is what we see here.
There are so many people out there that are incapable of understating the formal message and try to doge the cognitive task by concentrating on "my loved brand" + some utterance of discontent/displeasure = hatemode on. If you multiply this with a narcistic ego you get an instant shitstorm.

Much in the same sense that when i posted positive minded videos i immediately get people shooting it down and saying its crap? So the guys who dont like pcars have a right to respond to comments but wmd members cant do the same. I think some of mistake passion for agression. While i know i am aggressive at times, its not just the wmd members that are. Ive seen some guys, andy is the first to come to mind, tell people to delete their posts and has told me to stop posting here. That seems a bit agressive to me as well. The guys against pcars are unreasonable at times too and, in my opinion, saying something is **** before its even finalized is ridiculous.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 61 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 15 2.3%