PC1 Banned for no reason!

I think it's time we give up here chaps. In short, the user asked to leave, said goodbye and we removed and refunded him. he then went to numerous sites accusing us of banning him for no reason. We've shown that to be a lie and we're having to defend ourselves against the staff here.

It's frankly preposterous.

Let's move on.

The only thing preposterous (besides this whole idiotic thread with five people being negative and the WMD fan club of Micas that both have blown this nonsense way out of proportion) are your own actions since Sunday Ian.

Instead of sending a normal pm, email or forum post and ask for something we can do for you in a normal way. You come storming in offending a large group of innocent sim racing fans, demanding stuff and on top of it threaten us with a lawsuit within an hour.

Sounds even more absurd when you actually type it: a lawsuit against your own community/customers.

Oh and as Xose pointed our here, don't forget to send us a review copy when the game is finished so we can review it and organize some kickass online competitions with the game (not joking)

Well, after reading all the posts and the whole history, I can´t see a reason why I will have a good persepctive of Project CARS anymore knowing people behind the tittle is acting like that.

You should go and contract a a marketing team instead of advocates.

We've shown that to be a lie and we're having to defend ourselves against the staff here.

It's frankly preposterous.

Let's move on.
Changing the thread title really is nothing, and for me personally (I have to watch what I say very carefully from now on, just in case), it's been justified a long time ago. If it's an issue, change it, move on. But the way you chose to pursue it was wrong. In the future, maybe try without threats first, and see how it goes from there.

Good luck with the lawsuit.
Although, I can't help but notice that most of the posts (here and elsewhere) with people announcing they're leaving or deciding not to try pCARS seem to be caused not by a thread title, but by actions from your side.

I'm seriously impressed with the fortitude of this site's admin and mods. Well done.

Now, back on topic....Why was Rob banned for no reason from WMD? Anyone know? Rob?:ninja::sneaky: Time to lighten things up I think.

fantasy_120.gif

Look at post #1461 and there you find an answer .. then you can descide wich side you believe in for your self :)

I actually believe Rob. He did nothing to warrant a permanent ban. I have read it over and over again. He could have been warned that he was stepping over the mark. He admitted he was new to software evaluation reporting and testing and in his own words wishes he'd stated his complaints differently.

I'll repeat my earlier post. This is silly by WMD and silly to continue to threaten the community. And it is the community, not just the site owners.

I actually believe Rob. He did nothing to warrant a permanent ban. I have read it over and over again. He could have been warned that he was stepping over the mark. He admitted he was new to software evaluation reporting and testing and in his own words wishes he'd stated his complaints differently.

I'll repeat my earlier post. This is silly by WMD and silly to continue to threaten the community. And it is the community, not just the site owners.

well.. it's not the community as a whole, rather some individuals within a community. At least as I see it.

He said he was done, and he got removed. It might have been a figure of speech for him, but they took it as it was written, and refunded and banned him.

Just had a look at the complete postings from Chunder27 over at WMD and the conclusion is that he posted a total of 10 posts during a 6-7 week period. He was inceasingly negative and clearly not interrested in helping out with the game developement, then in his 10th post he declares

"I think I might give the club a miss thanks, shame for all of you!

I had a go, but so far I am afraid to say what you are doing doesn't warrant my time.

It warrants a passing interest hence the least amount invested.

Thank you and goodbye"

to wich the response was a good bye from Vic with a refund..

and his official status on the forum is not banned .. it's removed.

So if someone says he might want to leave you just throw him out. Doesn't look like the nicest way to handle things for me.

And the Forza and Gran Turismo fanboys stared aghast at the vitriol and bile spewed out by the "serious" sim racing community over a game.
Considering it's about one of SMS projects probably not that much will change from their point of view :ninja:

Just had a look at the complete postings from Chunder27 over at WMD and the conclusion is that he posted a total of 10 posts during a 6-7 week period. He was inceasingly negative and clearly not interrested in helping out with the game developement, then in his 10th post he declares

"I think I might give the club a miss thanks, shame for all of you!

I had a go, but so far I am afraid to say what you are doing doesn't warrant my time.

It warrants a passing interest hence the least amount invested.

Thank you and goodbye"

to wich the response was a good bye from Vic with a refund..

and his official status on the forum is not banned .. it's removed.
So he did get banned / removed for criticism from your point of view?

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 61 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 15 2.3%