FM4 Clio Championship S1

Forza Motorsport 4 (Turn 10 Studios)
Clio.png

I have worked out most the details for the Clio Championship, see below.
I also need some info from anyone interested in signing up, see below.

Car: Renault Sports Clio V6 (Stock)
Assists: To be announced
Upgrades: Banned
Setup: Allowed

Tracks (11)
Sebring International Raceway - Club (1.70 Mi)
Mugello – Club (1.79 Mi)
Sedona Raceway Park – Club (2.02 Mi)
Silverstone - International (2.25 Mi)
Indianapolis - The Brickyard Speedway (Oval) (2.50 Mi)
Bernese Alps – Club (2.52 Mi)
Road Atlanta - Full (2.54 Mi)
Suzuka - West (2.15 Mi)
Twin RIng Motegi - East (1.88 Mi)
Circuit de Catalunya - National (1.85 Mi)
Laguna Seca (2.24 Mi)

Info
  • There will be 1 test event before the Championship starts, points will not be counted for this event.
  • Each race event will be 2 heats, with 10 laps each heat.
  • Heat 1 Normal grid (random I think).
  • Heat 2 reverse grid.
  • It will auto load Heat 2 I have no control over that.
  • Events should be no longer than 50 minutes for both heats.
  • I will set the timeout to 2 minutes after the first person has crossed the line.
  • Teams will be allowed. (It will be the case of picking another driver to make the team up and I will do the points after the race).
  • Events will be once every 2 weeks and start at 8.30pm UK time.
  • This will be open to all Licensed Members.
Info I need from people interested in signing up
Do you want to allow all assists, or just set ones, if so what ones?
Driving/braking line will be turned on as I use it.

How do you want to handle connection issues?
I am thinking allow 10 minutes for connection issues, so that is 1 hour in total, but I would like to hear your ideas. I will open the lobby 10 / 15 minutes before the event starts.

2nd 8
3rd 6
4th 5
5th 4
6th 3
7th 2
8th 1
Fastest lap 1

Feedback and Questions
If you have any feedback or questions please post them, I would like to hear them :D.

Signed up
clio_signups.png

Reserved Numbers
Dylan Hember - 7
Derek McCord - 14
Andrew Skinner - 22

Race Calendar
clio_calendar.png

Round - Road Atlanta Full

Race 1 Report - started mid pack, kept sliding off track and losing loads of time.Didn't happen in practice so was confused.

Race 2 Report - Realised I had been using simulation steering - muppet! Better race in terms of staying on track thanks to NORMAL steering. However, it took a few laps to readjust to normal and get in a bit of a groove. Managed a 1:41:xx

Round Summary - Check your settings next time Kermit .......

Round - Rd Atlanta

Quai/Starting pos - 4th i think

Race 1 - I really dont think i can put into words how epic this race was!! watching the replays of us going through the chicane at the top of the hill where amazing, who needs real life motorsport!! :) Got a great start but knew id have to be quick as both Karl and Dan where ahead on the Grid!! Got round the outside of Tom in turn 1 and got onto the back of the lead 2! For the next 5 laps we where swapping and changing places!! All very clean and tidy!! Id managed to get a run going on the downhill section, got the left hander spot on and was making ground but Karl had a big moment going sideways and there was nothing we could do about it, contact was made which damaged the top speed and i couldnt keep up after. Started to really worry about Ash behind as he had made great progress whilst we fought it out!! Thought the top end loss would end in me been realed in but i managed to maintain the gap whilst trying to match Karls pace!! Finished 3rd!

Race 2 - This was always going to be tough with the avaerage speed being quite high! Managed to pass Tom again on the outside of turn 1 had a bit of rubbing with Kriss nothing too major im just never quite sure what he will do next :s got a by a couple of other cars after accidents infront and to my suprise i was in the lead but Dan and Karl had got through the pack preitty quick too!! In race 2 the car felt totally different to race 1 i seemed to have zero grip even when the tyres warmed up so was struggling a little to match race 1s pace!! I had a great battle with Karl for a couple of laps but could see Dan catching us, i want a little wide going through the downhill section so let off and allowed Karl to wizz by getting back into position before Dan could do the same then it was a matter of trying to hold Dan as long as possible!! managed to do this for 5 laps or so with some very close racing. We where side by side 2-3 times through the final chicane really good stuff. Dan finally got me on the final chicane with a Banzai move up the inside and slid just wide enough to prevent me getting a run on the next corner. Nice move! Finished 3rd!!

Summary - This was the best round ive had so far on RD brilliant!!! Loves it!!

Round - Rd Atlanta

Quai/Starting pos - somewhere in the middle : S

Race 1 - Had a decent start but made a couple of mistakes and that droppe dme backinto the pack, however this did mean i had a belting race with paulo, i was quicker but then once i got infornt i made mistakes kletting paulo back through. I eventually settled down and was catching Kriss in front, but couldn't quite manage it in the laps left

Race2 - Had a good start, got upto 2nd quickly, then followed wayne. Wayne made a mistake and i slipped through. It wasn't long before the fast guys were on me. I then made some small mistakes that meant i was slow up the hill I then had a car on the inside and outside - not sure exactly who. I had no option but to hold position in the middle, i touched the car on the inside then they spun out, ive not looked at the replays but there wasn't much i could do. I then resumed my battle with Paulo. Same situation as race 1 really apart from I was really unconfortable with the car, I had to drive every courner and the really struggled with th e fast left hander at the bottom of the hill in the fist sector - paulo had theis mailed and was always quicker - i could brake much later into the tight chicane though . I got passed paulo at one point but went wide at the top of the hill, I hit paulo and pushed him off - Sorry for that paulo but i was out of control of the car.Paulo cought me again and I couldn't hold him off and towards the end of the race we reached stale mate. that was me home for 5th - ash was catching all through the last few laps but luckily he didn't have enough laps :)

Round - Road Atlanta

Quali/Starting position - 10th (R1), 8th (R2)

Race 1 - Got off the line ok and slowly edged my way to the right, thinking that the outside of turn one could be a bit risky; turned out to be an inspired idea as I was up to fifth almost immediately, and hoping to chase Tom down. I did for a few laps closing big gaps in some places and managing to stay consistently mistake-free. Tom then touched the grass coming out of the last turn and I, thankfully, got by before turn one.
Spent the next few laps closing the gap to Chris and the front guys to my amazement! I knew they were having what looked like an epic battle, so the laptimes were bound to be affected, but my concentration dropped a few times and the gap started growing. Tom was gradually closing on my towards the end, but the gap was big enough for me to not push too hard and I was happy with 4th.

Looking at the replay, the battle at the front really was epic!

Race 2 - This was a bit more hectic! A few inevitable bumps and scrapes with cars alongside me meant a slow start, but it was damage free, so I was happy to settle in and see what I could do. Karl got an impressive draft on me down the straight on lap two and despite a moment of oversteer on the exit of the chicane, managed to make it stick. I got the best view on the track for the five cars entering turn one within a second of each other, hoping to take advantage of any mistakes; amazingly, there weren't any(!), but turn two was a bit different! Stefan and Kriss touched and Kriss got sideways right in front of me and Tom. It looked like he was about to swing in front of me, but, unfortunately for Tom, they touched and I got by unharmed. I had a decent run at Stef, but made a complete mess of the left-hander at the bottom of the hill and lost all my momentum, which put Paulo and Dan on my case.

I made a mistake on the turn after and missed my braking point (sorry for shunt, Paulo!) and was 8th before I knew it! A thankfully controlled lunge at the end of the straight was denied by Tom and Kriss and then Kriss very firmly shut the door at my attempt to get by on the straight. A great run through turn one and a mistake by Tom then looked like a perfect opportunity, but I touched Kriss on the turn into turn two and had to slowly run across the grass, pushing me all the way back to ninth. Back to square one!

After passing Tom's damaged car and Dan's small mistake handed me 7th, I was back to chasing Kriss. Another great run down the straight led to another very firm door in my face on the chicane on lap 6, but after a good run through the left-hander at the end of sector one, I got past and hoped Dan could slow Kriss down some, after being so close behind us for a few laps.

The rest of the race was spent slowly closing on Stef and Paulo. Frustratingly, another mistake in turn five(ish) at the bottom of the hill I gave Stef the only lifeline he needed I had to settle for 6th.

Thanks to whoever suggested we add another five laps to race two! Suggest six or seven next time, though, yeah!? :)

(Sorry for the long one! Race two was a bit manic, so I thought I'd watched the replay alongside it!)

Summary: Amazing! Disappointing to get so heavily affected by the smallest of bumps and scrapes in race two, but no complaints with the racing (as always). Just bad luck, really.

Round - Road Atlanta

Quali/Starting position - 11th (R1), 2nd (R2)

Race 1 - Followed everyone steadily through Turn 1 to avoid any mishaps, but were none. Got chaisng and had a few laps battling Gaz. Pulled away but couldn't bridge the gap to 9th place. Lonely laps with plenty of understeering until the finish. Finished 10th.

Race 2 - Got away but understeered wide through Turn 1, allowed everyone through and then gave chase. Came a cropper at the left hander at the end of the long back straight on lap 1. Spun off and out of control so decided to quit and watch the footy, as just lost interest in the race. DNF.

Summary - Not the greatest race meeting I've ever been in from a personal point of view. Interest is beginning to wain if I'm honest for Forza as a whole, will see if things change in the coming weeks.

Clio.png
Car: Renault Sports Clio V6 (Stock)​
Track: Suzuka West​
Laps: 2 Heats x 10 laps​
  • 2nd 8
  • 3rd 6
  • 4th 5
  • 5th 4
  • 6th 3
  • 7th 2
  • 8th 1
  • Fastest lap 1
Assist:TCS: Off, STM: Off, ABS: Off. All other assits are allowed.
Upgrades: Banned​
Setups: Allowed​
Start Time: Lobby open at 8:15pm BST (GMT +1) / UK Time. Race starts at 8:30pm BST (GMT +1) / UK Time.​
*** TRY TO GET IN THE LOBBY FOR 8:15PM TO ALLOW FOR ANY CONNECTION ISSUES ***
Entrylist:
  1. Crazy BigGaz / Garry Pullen
  2. Bellmond570 / Chris Bell
  3. Dazmaniac360 / Daz Webb
  4. DefytheMachine / Wayne Thomas (Not Available)
  5. FREAKSTER69 / Steve Freeman
  6. GetUpKidAK / Ash Kendall (Not Available)
  7. LKRISS22 / Krzysztof Lipczynski (Not Available)
  8. MysticViibrosis / Dan Smith
  9. pribeiro66 / Paulo Ribeiro
  10. Richard Hoddy / Richard Hoddinott
  11. SmashingPilot / Peter Cosgrave
  12. stefan 4 / Stefan Liversidge
  13. TomMoreno / Tom Moreno
  14. xxkArLo5xx / Karl Raper
  15. ZeroRisk / Alex Townsend
  16. Available Spot
Reserve
Dylan Hember / H3MB3RD​
Mike Raper / M1LKY8AR K1D​

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 269 37.0%
  • Porsche

Votes: 279 38.3%
  • BMW

Votes: 258 35.4%
  • McLaren

Votes: 170 23.4%
  • Toyota

Votes: 274 37.6%
  • Intel

Votes: 92 12.6%