Drinking and Driving...I mean...sim Driving

I have a NLR GTtrack cockpit with V3 Motion Platofrm and Traction Plus Platform. Using Fanatec with DD2, shifter, Podium wheel, etc. NRG Prisma bucket seat to replace the stock NLR seat, VR setup because all the $$ invested is for immersion, not to be the best driver. The thrill of racing is what is wanted and the expense is worth it.

While racing solo, I'll indulge with some beers, pausing on a straight away to take a drink, and then continuing on to the race. Up to three beers, I actually do better. Four and more, things start to deteriorate, though on some laps, I will get my best lap time ever! Of course followed by a lap that is the worst.

It is during this drinking that I'll start whooping and hollering, screaming that this is so freaking awesome. It is pure nuts, but drinking sure releases me to showing my pure joy of sim racing. I can race fine without drinking and enjoy it, of course, but put a couple of beers in me, VR racing is the bomb!

It is hard to describe, and I am 63. and I have never had any dependency to alcohol, but sim racing is just so much fun for me with a few beers put away. I don't want to advocate drinking and driving, but sim wise, hallelujah!!!

Normally, I will have a race a day. But if I start drinking, I'll race freaking all night! I just can't stop myself. I feel guilty, but then again, I don't. Life is too short, forget the liver, racing and drinking, what a combo. For fun anyway. Don't worry, I'll never compete online while drinking, but it sure is fun to be solo and not be so serious about this hobby. Enjoy, that is what matters. Bottoms up!!!

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 281 36.4%
  • Porsche

Votes: 296 38.4%
  • BMW

Votes: 278 36.1%
  • McLaren

Votes: 180 23.3%
  • Toyota

Votes: 287 37.2%
  • Intel

Votes: 98 12.7%