ACC Endurance Series Round 8 @ Spa - Mon 20th March 2023

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
I had a go at the Bentley at Silverstone and the AMG somewhere during this series, maybe Imola?

I almost drove the Ferrari at Laguna Seca, but although it felt more precise than the Porsche, it felt a bit, well, light and delicate for want of a better way to describe it without wishing to insult any Ferrari fans.

Tbh I love the way the Porsche drives, which is why I want to master it, but I'll give the Aston a go, I had heard it was a sensible choice for a rookie.

But I do love the Porsche and I just might not be able to help myself come race day....
McLaren, once you try it you will realise it’s the only car to use :thumbsup::D

I had a go at the Bentley at Silverstone and the AMG somewhere during this series, maybe Imola?

I almost drove the Ferrari at Laguna Seca, but although it felt more precise than the Porsche, it felt a bit, well, light and delicate for want of a better way to describe it without wishing to insult any Ferrari fans.

Tbh I love the way the Porsche drives, which is why I want to master it, but I'll give the Aston a go, I had heard it was a sensible choice for a rookie.

But I do love the Porsche and I just might not be able to help myself come race day....
For me, the Porsche felt great at a few circuits where I could tame it, others, not so much. I may commit to it for a future series as a challenge. Maybe after the update it gets a bit more balanced on a few tracks.

For Spa, the M4 feels like a good base. Eau Rouge is easy flat, you just need to know the line and commit.

Update.

I've never had so much fun trying to hang on round Eau Rouge, can probably 100% throttle 95% of the way thru it, just a tiny lift not to go over the kerb on the left and enough wresting skills in me to not let it get too loose through onto the Kemmel.

Spa is amazeballs in a Porsche, I stand by my choice.

Managed to get from a 2:33 down to a 2:28, think I could just about squeeze a 2:27 out of it as is with a nearly out-of-the-box aggressive setup, *might* be able to get a teeny tiny bit faster than that if I can tweak my setup a bit better.

Yay.

View attachment 647285
The last race of the series takes us to Spa...what a track to finish on!

This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help then don't hesitate to PM me or post on this thread.

All premium members can sign up for this event. To sign up for this event simply reply on this thread and I'll add you to the entry list.

Join us: Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information

Racing Club Rules are enforced: Click here

*We highly recommend using the in-built ACC radar when racing so you can keep it close and fair*

Voice chat is available on Discord if you want to chat. Please use push to talk and limit chat during the race to apologies / lapped traffic info.

Event Information
Server

Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM Endurance Series Round 8
Password: Can be found HERE

Sessions
20:00 UTC/GMT 30 minute practice
20:30 UTC/GMT 15 minute qualifying
20:45 UTC/GMT 1 hour race - Mandatory stop with tyre change (pit any time)
TimeZone converter if needed

Time and weather settings in sim

View attachment 647284

PLEASE ENSURE YOUR REAL NAME IS SET ON YOUR RD PROFILE AND MATCHES YOUR IN GAME NAME

ACC Racing Club Calendar

Entry List
SwannyUK
bobbyD_
akephoe
Nascentes
Jay Clarke 66
Trox
sebastalona
rborowik
Hazzatron19
RicardoJorge92
McFlunch
mklengel
tabletmctablet
I would like to participate in this event. I know kinda late but, better late than never

Not-So-Weekly (forgot to post it last week) custom livery reminder:
If you guys want to share your livery for the race day, just send me a PM with the download link or the file directly attached. To make this job easier, it would be great if you could put package (WinRAR, 7zip) the Cars and Liveries folders, e.g.:
  • Cars folder
    • car.json
  • Liveries folder
    • Livery name folder
      • decals.png
      • decals.json
      • sponsors.png
      • sponsors.json
This format is not necessary, but would accelerate the process greatly :thumbsup:
I'm gonna change it up a bit this time:
View attachment 647866
See you on the racetrack!
Hi Johann, my livery file will be the same as usual, unchanged

Last edited:
gt3.jpg

It's fine - nothing can go wrong....

Mother’s Day today so I’ve not been able to get on for a practice today and drink has been involved so I doubt it’s a good idea for me to log on now :D

And yea that is a cracking photo

Last edited:
It's our final race day for the season!

Already handled my livery with Johann.
I'll be racing in his awesome creation, thank you for the custom touch up Johann! :thumbsup:

My setup with the BMW feels loose (as it has become a habit for my races). It was the only way I felt fast on this track. Pouhon is interesting with this setup, let's see how I fare for the race.

Would like to give a shout to Will. Many people have praised his patience in practicing racing in many practice sessions. We did a whole race stint switching positions back and forth, it was a blast!
Always a pleasure to share the track with people like this. Thank you Will!

See you on track! Excited to fight for 3rd in the standings with @bobbyD_ and @Trox!

Last edited:
Race Day!!! :)
Bitter Sweet….. sweet because legendary Spa…..plus a grid full of great sim racers! Bitter because it’s the last round :(
I came into the ACC series and Race Department crew a little late and missed a few rounds at the beginning, but I have managed to gain so much experience and knowledge about this sim and GT3 in general it’s amazing. I want to thank you all….every one that’s competed, I’ve received help for set ups, driving tips, equipment guidance…… on track practice advice, it’s been a pleasure guys, I appreciate everything.
Looking forward to more of the same with you all, exciting updates coming our way for ACC too, so loads to look forward to.

The very best of luck to everyone tonight and remember……. If in doubt? Flat out!!! :)

Race Day!!! :)
Bitter Sweet….. sweet because legendary Spa…..plus a grid full of great sim racers! Bitter because it’s the last round :(
I came into the ACC series and Race Department crew a little late and missed a few rounds at the beginning, but I have managed to gain so much experience and knowledge about this sim and GT3 in general it’s amazing. I want to thank you all….every one that’s competed, I’ve received help for set ups, driving tips, equipment guidance…… on track practice advice, it’s been a pleasure guys, I appreciate everything.
Looking forward to more of the same with you all, exciting updates coming our way for ACC too, so loads to look forward to.

The very best of luck to everyone tonight and remember……. If in doubt? Flat out!!! :)
Hear hear!

I joined at the beginning at the back of the grid, and finish at the end, probably at the back of the grid.

But what a series and what a great bunch to race with!

This is my first Race Dept series, just like Jay I've learned sooo much, about Gt3 racing, about setups, about how slow I actually am versus 'proper' online racers, that mapped light buttons are a good idea for the dark, that I get thirsty during 1 hour of racing so had to fix that with a camelbak cable tied to my rig, that the Porsche is a fat-bottomed girl, that I like fat bottomed girls, the list goes on...

Thank you everyone for the last 8 weeks, it has been a blast, it really has.
But most of all , thanks to Swanny for organising it all, special shout out for the rain at Imola, really enjoyed that one!

I'm finished in work at 2pm, then it's home and final setup/testing for me before tonight, I *may* get my livery done by tonight, but if not then I'll be cruising round at the back of the pack, and I'll remember to smile in the hopes I get a nicely focussed screenshot from Akephoe!

Good luck tonight everyone, and hopefully I will see you at the chequered flag!

Awesome to read how hyped you are for the final round - hoping for another clean race for all. The start is really dangerous here, you can easily end up side by side going up Eau Rouge which is not ideal. General advice would be to filter in before the start of Eau Rouge. If you are on the inside at the bottom of the hill then you're on the marbles and risk sliding out across the racing line. If you are on the outside you are at risk of a tap.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.7%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.3%