F1 2018 Modding Questions Thread

.LNG files added, find localisation folder in the game directory.
Really? Wow that's great! I didn't expect that at all. No more cheat engine :D

That is the file that contains the names of everything. You can edit drivers, teams, engines, subtitles. If it's text it's more or less there

Last edited:
Really? Wow that's great! I didn't expect that at all. No more cheat engine :D

That is the file that contains the names of everything. You can edit drivers, teams, engines, subtitles. If it's text it's more or less there

Hell, i have the "free version" xD i cant update and edit :laugh::roflmao::whistling:

Hi, is there a way to remove the start of a race intro and for the game to skip to the part showing the grid positions, since I need this for a mod I'm developing.

Question about tire edits. I don't like the amount of color with the different compounds, and I want to eliminate the solid lines that connect the words "FZERO" and "Pirelli." Is this possible? I can't seem to find a dds that is clearly the sidewall at rest. The .erp in the 2018_vehicle_package>shared>tyres folder would seem to have a "blurred", in motion BC7 file but I'm not sure. Maybe it's locked away in tyres.assetgroup and not possible to change? Thanks for any help.

Question about tire edits. I don't like the amount of color with the different compounds, and I want to eliminate the solid lines that connect the words "FZERO" and "Pirelli." Is this possible? I can't seem to find a dds that is clearly the sidewall at rest. The .erp in the 2018_vehicle_package>shared>tyres folder would seem to have a "blurred", in motion BC7 file but I'm not sure. Maybe it's locked away in tyres.assetgroup and not possible to change? Thanks for any help.
the way that texture works is complicated. The texture that looks like in motion actually has 3 different textures. If you open it in photoshop and go to channels and look at only the red, green or blue channel you can see the different textures. You need to edit that file so that each channel is like you want it to be

I have only modded skins from Tikz and MrThe Racer yet my career keeps crashing when i load Q2. Only Q2 loading screen on 4 different tracks sofar. Otherwise the skins work. Using drag and drop files.

Any ideas why?

I have only modded skins from Tikz and MrThe Racer yet my career keeps crashing when i load Q2. Only Q2 loading screen on 4 different tracks sofar. Otherwise the skins work. Using drag and drop files.

Same issue with my modded skins. It seems to only be an issue with cars that have had a chassis change, limiting us modders to only use same chassis for each car.[/QUOTE]

I find it unlikely, if that was the issue then it should crash at all times and not just under certain loadings.[/QUOTE]

I replace the modded ERP with original ERP on the chassis changed car and it's fine. I have modded all cars and none that haven't had a chassis change have this issue.

I find it unlikely, if that was the issue then it should crash at all times and not just under certain loadings.

I replace the modded ERP with original ERP on the chassis changed car and it's fine. I have modded all cars and none that haven't had a chassis change have this issue.[/QUOTE]
When you do a chassis change though it does more than just very basic things. You need to swap animations and textures to assume perfect compatability. Chassis switching does also work without issue in some cases as far as I'm aware

I find it unlikely, if that was the issue then it should crash at all times and not just under certain loadings.

I replace the modded ERP with original ERP on the chassis changed car and it's fine. I have modded all cars and none that haven't had a chassis change have this issue.[/QUOTE]

Did you try just not using full qualifying? From what I've seen the issue is just Q2 sessions (though I have not tried it myself yet due to lack of time)

I concur. I replaced the cars that were updated with the original ERP and it works. Skins on un-updated chassis works fine.

Hope the modders can unite to rectify this.

Hi chaps, a very vague question (not sure if its been answered before).

Is it possible to have the HUD used in eSports/specatator mode modded so it appears in the normal gameplay modes?

Hi, I have seen that livery modders use Jburon´s72 3D Models for Photoshop.
I don´t know how it Works as soon as I change something or even move the decal to see the model on Photoshop the colours go crazy.
I don´t understand really well the instructions given on the files
upload_2018-11-1_12-5-59.png

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 47 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 32 6.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 12 2.4%