F1 2018 Modding Questions Thread

Does anyone know which value to edit in the car performance xml files to prevent the car from bottoming out on straights when you have highly upgraded downforce in career mode? The scratching noise and overly sparky trail are very distracting. I would assume FrontForceRideHeightMultiplier and RearForceRideHeightMultiplier are the values in question, but I cannot figure out how to edit them in such a way that I get the desired outcome. Any help is hugely appreciated.

Is there a way to edit the relative performance of the AI drivers in the game? For example Alonso being faster than Vandoorne, is it theoretically possible to edit this to make them equal or Vandoorne faster?

Failing that, is it possible to see the performance levels? I'm fairly sure I saw a post which mentioned this in F1 2016/17 but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Does anyone know which value to edit in the car performance xml files to prevent the car from bottoming out on straights when you have highly upgraded downforce in career mode? The scratching noise and overly sparky trail are very distracting. I would assume FrontForceRideHeightMultiplier and RearForceRideHeightMultiplier are the values in question, but I cannot figure out how to edit them in such a way that I get the desired outcome. Any help is hugely appreciated.

Have you tried just raising your ride height in the ingame setup?

Have you tried just raising your ride height in the ingame setup?
Yeah I have, though the increased height does negatively affect the drag and cornering performance. Especially since I have to set it to max height (11) to remove most of the bottoming out. But that seems to be the only half-solution I've found so far, so I guess thats just something I got to deal with.

Hi,
Is It possible to add some circuits from previous f1 201X games?

my last f1 game was f1 2013 and i modded it, so i don't know the latest games editing..

thank you

Hi,

I just want to ask what are the colors for paint_s

I know green are matte and red are brillant or something like that and white are chromatic but I was thinking that it can be more that I don't know.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi,
Is It possible to add some circuits from previous f1 201X games?

my last f1 game was f1 2013 and i modded it, so i don't know the latest games editing..

thank you

I dont know if you need to edit any xml or something like this

ERP \F1 2018\asset_groups\environment_package\tracks

MIMAPS \F1 2018\environment_package\tracks

Hi,

I just want to ask what are the colors for paint_s

I know green are matte and red are brillant or something like that and white are chromatic but I was thinking that it can be more that I don't know.

Thanks!

I've used the invert option in photoshop. But i dont know if is correct. But i know a few colors like Dark Blue ---> needs strong pink or Blue ---> light green and white--->light blue.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 50 12.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 42 10.3%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 48 11.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 46 11.3%
  • Friday

Votes: 141 34.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 240 59.0%