F1 2018 Modding Questions Thread

Hi guys! First post! I have been using the ERP Archiver to change some liveries and crew shirts but when i tested the game safety car was black with no texture even tho i didnt modify anything about sc. Any idea? Thanks for the patient reading ;)

Sorry, but I don't think I'll do a step-by-step. I expect someone will release a mod doing it sooner or later, and because I haven't tried doing it this year I don't want to do a step-by-step for it either because that'd require testing it out.

Just look at the all resources tab and find something named after the compound with material in the name and then swap it with another one. The process for swapping things from all resources is a bit different than textures or other things but if you've done face swaps in 2016 or 2017 you will know how it's done. If you can't figure it out from that then just wait for someone else to post it as a mod (which I'm sure will be done).

Ok got it now managed to swap them around as I want,one last question please,is it possible to change the tyres colour in the menu in game too?If yes how?
thanks a lot

Found it, It was blank in the ERP archiver. If looking for a texture use 3Dsimmed as I did and located it quickly
Hi Kris,
I can't locate the same texture as you in the archiver.
I downloaded 3Dsimmed as you recommended but i don't understand how it works.
I hope you can help me ^^
Thanks in advance :)

[EDIT] I found the texture in ERP archiver and yeah, it was blank. So there is no problem now :D
EDgcGFL

Last edited:
Hi Kris,
I can't locate the same texture as you in the archiver.
I downloaded 3Dsimmed as you recommended but i don't understand how it works.
I hope you can help me ^^
Thanks in advance :)

[EDIT] I found the texture in ERP archiver and yeah, it was blank. So there is no problem now :D
EDgcGFL

So to open the erp in 3Dsimmed locate the race day rnd room and import the erp. Once it loads it will appear a a sphere type object, zoom in and it will be come clear. To find the textures for example right click on the monitor and it will highlight it and with the texture name.

I may make a tutorial at some point so keep your eyes peeled

Hi guys,
I was trying to mod my own livery but i can't do properly the numbers, and i'm not able to find any tutorial on internet... Can someone explain me how to do it?
Thx!

1.Is it possible to have ingerence in drivers performance? In my 2019 Career Mode (thanks Krisdix for the mod, I enjoy it very much) Ricciardo is literally a snail and I want to boost his performance a bit.

2. Is it possible to change colours on minimap and other elements of HUD? I want to make for example gold dot for Haas on the minimap.

1.Is it possible to have ingerence in drivers performance? In my 2019 Career Mode (thanks Krisdix for the mod, I enjoy it very much) Ricciardo is literally a snail and I want to boost his performance a bit.

2. Is it possible to change colours on minimap and other elements of HUD? I want to make for example gold dot for Haas on the minimap.

Can't answer number 1, but number 2 you can proobably (not guaranteeing anything, just a guess) change that in the frontend_ui area of the .erp files. That's usually where UI stuff is.

you can alter engine, downforce, whatever
nice one thanks,one thing please if I want to alter downforce which value it will be in the xml file?
Also if example a car has I don't know 430 as downforce and I put 429 how much in terms of lap timing will cost them?0.3,0.5? Or more or less?thanks a lot always for your fast answers mate really appreciate it

nice one thanks,one thing please if I want to alter downforce which value it will be in the xml file?
Also if example a car has I don't know 430 as downforce and I put 429 how much in terms of lap timing will cost them?0.3,0.5? Or more or less?thanks a lot always for your fast answers mate really appreciate it
look at the upgrades, that's how you find what to change. Most aren't just a single change everything value, for example downforce is split to rear and front and some other stuff and it all makes fairly small differences. You can tell the scale you want to change it from the upgrade as well

Hi, I wonder if it is possible to change only the engine sound of a car?
Cause I Downloaded a livery but it changed the engine for a one I don't particularily like :X

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 455 69.9%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 279 42.9%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 299 45.9%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.7%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 175 26.9%
Back