F1 2018 Modding Questions Thread

Is there a way to increase safety car frequency? Something to cause the SC or VSC at least to come out when a car retires? Games like RFactor, GTR and AMS have a SafectyCarSensitivity setting, is there anything like that in this game? If so, where would I find it?

Is there any way to create the images for the car selection screen and the side images for the ui post race? Something like the Sean Bull Force India has none of these and it'd be great if it's possible to create these images for the cars that are missing them.

Hey guys, I'm trying to make an equal cars and drivers mod. I've edited the individual xml files on the erp file for each car making them have Ferrari's engine and aero, and Red Bull's chassis (the ones on top on each category when you begin a career mode). Now every car performs the same and for example Alonso is back in the game. But some drivers are too slow. I haven't been able to find how to mod their stats so they all perform as Alonso/Ricciardo (the ones that seem to be constantly outperforming everyone in my mod). Does anybody know how to do that? Thank you all in advance

Hey, I was wondering how can you replace all of the cars with fom car? probably someone has asked this before, but I probably missed it when scrolling trough this thread

Hey everyone, I'm having a bit of trouble with my pit crew and garage crew suits. I'm pretty new to modding so I'm never too sure about what I'm doing. The photos best describe my issue- as you can see they just look a bit weird.
F1 2018 (DirectX 11) 23_02_2019 18_08_34 T.jpg
F1 2018 (DirectX 11) 23_02_2019 18_12_05TT.jpg
F1 2018 (DirectX 11) 23_02_2019 18_06_44 T.jpg
and I can see some of the Williams logos faintly on the suits so I presume that is having something to do with it.

I do apologize guys,I know this has been asked before,I spent last 30 mins scrolling through this thread but I can't find it anymore.
If I remember well it has been said that drivers ai performance can't be change but the only thing we can do is to change the car mass in the .erp file so if I want to make Alfa closer to Renault and Haas for example how should I change the car mass file? I mean say that actually the mass is 700 (I don't have the game here with me now so the number is an example) would 705 been enough or I should make it 720 or 730? As well I remember that someone says that the cars mass are all the same so I couldn't even copy the number from another team?
Thanks in advance

I do apologize guys,I know this has been asked before,I spent last 30 mins scrolling through this thread but I can't find it anymore.
If I remember well it has been said that drivers ai performance can't be change but the only thing we can do is to change the car mass in the .erp file so if I want to make Alfa closer to Renault and Haas for example how should I change the car mass file? I mean say that actually the mass is 700 (I don't have the game here with me now so the number is an example) would 705 been enough or I should make it 720 or 730? As well I remember that someone says that the cars mass are all the same so I couldn't even copy the number from another team?
Thanks in advance
The mass is not the same for all teams in game. with 10kg of extra weight costing 0.3 seconds per lap

Hey everyone, I'm having a bit of trouble with my pit crew and garage crew suits. I'm pretty new to modding so I'm never too sure about what I'm doing. The photos best describe my issue- as you can see they just look a bit weird.View attachment 293157 View attachment 293158 View attachment 293159 and I can see some of the Williams logos faintly on the suits so I presume that is having something to do with it.
the picture is low reso to make up the details but if you still see the williams logos in the shadow it means you didn't edit the normal map textures, its the purple texture with the tag on the name as _n.tif.dds. it creates peaks and valleys thus adding depth to the texture without adding more polygons. You can create them with photoshop but it will be a bit tricky.

Hi guys,after speaking to KeisariKine I understand that 2019 tyres can't be made,now how can I do if I want to use soft,medium and supersoft for every race?Which line do I need to alter and where is located?
I had a look in the common.erp but only the mercedes.xml file is there and in the tyres .erp I only found the grip values,blistering tyre wear etc but nothing about swapping tyre compounds,any help please?
Thanks

the picture is low reso to make up the details but if you still see the williams logos in the shadow it means you didn't edit the normal map textures, its the purple texture with the tag on the name as _n.tif.dds. it creates peaks and valleys thus adding depth to the texture without adding more polygons. You can create them with photoshop but it will be a bit tricky.

Much appreciated- thank you for your response. And what do you think is causing the discolouration? In some of the images you can see parts almost look a bit negative. Is that due to the resolution of the images I used or the_n.tiff.dds texture?

Hi guys. How can I increase the RPM in a car of the 2018 season (18000 RPM)? For example, some RMPs similar to those of the V8 engines, maintaining the DRS and the ERS. Thanks in advance and regards

Much appreciated- thank you for your response. And what do you think is causing the discolouration? In some of the images you can see parts almost look a bit negative. Is that due to the resolution of the images I used or the_n.tiff.dds texture?
what resolution are you using with the texture it needs to be the same wit the original texture or higher.?

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.2%