F1 2018 Modding Questions Thread

This is probably a stupid question, but I can't find an answer really. How do you import mods into the game like helmet mods. The files are .dds and I can't find where these should go. FYI I am brand new to any of the F1 titles so starting from scratch with modding the game.

Edit: Figured it out from

Last edited:
Hi guys,can someone tell me where the drivers picture for the select menu are and will the game use the same picture when watching ai drivers from tv in box?thanks

Hey guys,

I want to change the RB shift lights to the toro rosso shiftlights (since they use them in 2019)

Could you guys please tell me any way to do this? I know Kris has managed to do this with his Ferrari mod so ig it should be possible.

technically no, but practically yes. You just swap the tyre sidewall materials and edit the tyrecompounds file to make it seem like the compounds are changed but you have to do it for each track separately

hello,

I do that with melbourne to have same coumpounds like IRL (M-S-SS) but it didnt change nothing i remember in f1 2017 we can do that but in f1 2018 is seem its no longer possible could you verify if i m wrong or not ?

cheers

sorry,i still don't understand I've opened the common.erp in assett groups\f1 2018 vehicle package\teams
there is a texture called sidewall but it's all purple,i don't get it.
thanks
You are looking at textures, as I said it's a material file. You can use the sidewall files to edit the logos on the tyres but not swap the colours.

You are looking at textures, as I said it's a material file. You can use the sidewall files to edit the logos on the tyres but not swap the colours.

I'm really sorry mate but I'm absolutely lost,would it be ok for you to right me a step by step guide please?
Thanks a lot

PS. I can see the .material files for soft,supersoft etc with ERP archiver but I don't know how to modify them,the final result that I want to achive though is to have all the softest compounds (hs,us) in red,then (soft and supersoft) in yellow and medium and hard in white,i think this will be the closest to f1 2019 regulations,but i only want to change the textures I don't want to change the grip value of each compound,is that possible?

Last edited:
I'm really sorry mate but I'm absolutely lost,would it be ok for you to right me a step by step guide please?
Thanks a lot
Sorry, but I don't think I'll do a step-by-step. I expect someone will release a mod doing it sooner or later, and because I haven't tried doing it this year I don't want to do a step-by-step for it either because that'd require testing it out.

Just look at the all resources tab and find something named after the compound with material in the name and then swap it with another one. The process for swapping things from all resources is a bit different than textures or other things but if you've done face swaps in 2016 or 2017 you will know how it's done. If you can't figure it out from that then just wait for someone else to post it as a mod (which I'm sure will be done).

Sorry, but I don't think I'll do a step-by-step. I expect someone will release a mod doing it sooner or later, and because I haven't tried doing it this year I don't want to do a step-by-step for it either because that'd require testing it out.

Just look at the all resources tab and find something named after the compound with material in the name and then swap it with another one. The process for swapping things from all resources is a bit different than textures or other things but if you've done face swaps in 2016 or 2017 you will know how it's done. If you can't figure it out from that then just wait for someone else to post it as a mod (which I'm sure will be done).
ok,think i got it now,so i don't need anymore programs,will this only involve the tyre colour?
because i don't want to touch the grip or wear value of the tyre,to make it brief example i want a ultasoft red instead than purple only this but the grip will still of a ultrasoft.
doing like you saying will only change the the colour?

I believe audio files are encrypted, which is why you don't see audio mods. It'd be garbage if you opened it.
that's not an audio file, that is speech events file lol

Hi guys,how can I open the file speechEvents.bin please?
once I've already wrote an instruction how to edit it - with hex editor you can change, for example, re_plbgcrash_01(2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7) to re_lec_pits_01 and when you crash jeff will say something like "leclerc has come into the pits" instead of "are you alright? engine off, engine off"

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.2%