F1 2018 Modding Questions Thread

Hello, i got a question. I want to drive for the new audi mod that as been uploaded recently but i dont want to remove Rb. Is it possible to copy past the redbull fram to toro rosso for exemple? And how to do ?
Thank and have a nice day

So I’m having some issues with the EGO ERP software, but I will make a more in-depth post about that tonight when I get home from work. Who knows maybe I will get it sorted(it was late last night when I was trying) I have a few more quick questions. First in the video the guy says he puts the custom helmet on com 6. Can I have my custom helmet on com 6 and then have another custom helmet on com 5 for my home GP? I don’t see why I couldn’t but I’m not sure if it will mess with the game. Also I want to be driver number 31(my real life race number) but Ocon has that number so I am always 13. Is there a way to make the car skin be 31 without actually changing the skin in photoshop. Is there a way to just change the value for the number. I figure there must be a way since you can pick a number in career mode anyways just not that number. I don’t care if the game still thinks I’m car 13 and also don’t care that there will be two cars on the grid with #31. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Hello guys i am currently modding my game for a fantasy season and managed to make some great liverys but currently i am doing a Lotus one and can't manage to get a proper green on the Williams chassis. So is there a way to get the colours metallic?

Hi there, can someone give me a rundown on swapping chassis?

More specifically, swapping the Williams chassis to Alfa Romeo.

I'm using the F1 2019 mod from Krisdix which has updated liveries, but he's based a lot of them off the Williams chassis. I would like to be able to swap the Alfa Romeo chassis to the Williams chassis so it looks a bit better.

I figured I need to edit the sauber-carmodel.layer file extracted from sauber.erp in Ego ERP, but I don't know what else I need to do as the texture is a bit of mess on the car now.

Thanks.

Hey guys

I wanted to do a "Porsche F1 Team" mod for career mode replacing Force India but I don't know what textures to change and how to save them in the right way.
Hope there will be someone who can explain this :D

Hi there.

Is it possible to set the FOV beyond the slider limits? I'm on triples and I want it to be lower than whatever it is at -1.00

Edit: solved it by reverse engineering a camera mod previously posted here. The files to edit are on the asset_groups/vehicle_package/teams folder. It has to be done for each car, jeez!

Last edited:
I don't know what happen but every time i tried to change the number the resulting format is so much smaller than what i want please help
Untitled.png

Unlike the above photo if you see carefully the 2nd picture number have the resolution of 64x32 while the mod i created only have 4x2 which resulted in the quality for my driver number to be very bad
Untitled.2png.png

I don't know what happen but every time i tried to change the number the resulting format is so much smaller than what i want please helpView attachment 307038
Unlike the above photo if you see carefully the 2nd picture number have the resolution of 64x32 while the mod i created only have 4x2 which resulted in the quality for my driver number to be very badView attachment 307040
What Programm are you using to edit the numbers?

Hey does someone know where the files of the heads that you can choose from when you customize your driver are? I hope someone can help me. :)

Reaching out to anyone for help on a "custom helmets" issue I've had for quite some time now.
Ok so, basically, after watching this video (the one I think most of the people used as a tutorial), I went on to try and make my own helmet, following step by step, the various passages of the video.
The problem though, came when i launched the game, selected the helmet and tried it: it looked all blurry and extremely pixelated, totally different from the preview I had in Photoshop, especially concerning quality, but also the whole design of the helmet itself.
Obviously, I thought I must've done something wrong, or perhaps missed something in the tutorial... so I came back to Photoshop, completely redesigned the helmet, followed exactly (this time I made sure I did everything correctly, and btw turns out I actually did even the first time) what the video said... but still the issue persisted.
At that point I decided to give up on the thing and just continuing to use the default helmets the game propose.
It's now been months since then, and during that time I've never even recalled what happened, until today, when the "custom helmet" topic suddenly decided to pop up in my mind once again.
So this time, instead of trying to make my own custom helmet, I decided to take one form this site, and see if things would've gone differently... well, they didn't.
This is the thread where I've taken the custom helmet.
This is the issue I've been talking about (same case that took place when I tried to apply my own helmet).

Reaching out to anyone for help on a "custom helmets" issue I've had for quite some time now.
Ok so, basically, after watching this video (the one I think most of the people used as a tutorial), I went on to try and make my own helmet, following step by step, the various passages of the video.
The problem though, came when i launched the game, selected the helmet and tried it: it looked all blurry and extremely pixelated, totally different from the preview I had in Photoshop, especially concerning quality, but also the whole design of the helmet itself.
Obviously, I thought I must've done something wrong, or perhaps missed something in the tutorial... so I came back to Photoshop, completely redesigned the helmet, followed exactly (this time I made sure I did everything correctly, and btw turns out I actually did even the first time) what the video said... but still the issue persisted.
At that point I decided to give up on the thing and just continuing to use the default helmets the game propose.
It's now been months since then, and during that time I've never even recalled what happened, until today, when the "custom helmet" topic suddenly decided to pop up in my mind once again.
So this time, instead of trying to make my own custom helmet, I decided to take one form this site, and see if things would've gone differently... well, they didn't.
This is the thread where I've taken the custom helmet.
This is the issue I've been talking about (same case that took place when I tried to apply my own helmet).
Looks like you may have used an old version of ERP Archiver, or then not replaced the mipmaps correctly. Those are the cases where I've seen that happen

Looks like you may have used an old version of ERP Archiver, or then not replaced the mipmaps correctly. Those are the cases where I've seen that happen
ok so, the ERP Archiver version I'm using is the latest one released so far, but, how do I make sure I've replaced the mipmaps correctly? sorry in advance if this may sound like a dumb question but my knowledge in F1 Games' modding is pretty small

Last edited:
ok so, the ERP Archiver version I'm using is the latest one released so far, but, how do I make sure I've replaced the minimaps correctly? sorry in advance if this may sound like a dumb question but my knowledge in F1 Games' modding is pretty small
did you set your game directory in EEA or manually select the mipmap? Also what is the number of your EEA version (just to make sure as I'm pretty sure the download page has them in a weird order)

did you set your game directory in EEA or manually select the mipmap? Also what is the number of your EEA version (just to make sure as I'm pretty sure the download page has them in a weird order)
wait, is there any way i can contact you privately, so that we don't clog up the thread?

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 459 70.0%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 281 42.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 302 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 177 27.0%
Back