F1 2018 Modding Questions Thread

Hi guys,

I installed F1 2018 a few weeks ago, and i'm trying to change the drivers names and nationality. I knew it was possible to edit the name with a language editor, and that did work. But to change the nationality and flags i have to find the database.bin file and I can't find him. Anyone knows how to change the nationality/flags on another way or how to find the database.bin file?

Many Thanks

Borrie

Hi guys,

I installed F1 2018 a few weeks ago, and i'm trying to change the drivers names and nationality. I knew it was possible to edit the name with a language editor, and that did work. But to change the nationality and flags i have to find the database.bin file and I can't find him. Anyone knows how to change the nationality/flags on another way or how to find the database.bin file?

Many Thanks

Borrie
flag changes can not be done (well you can use cheat engine or do very specific nationality changes via just texture swapping). There is no database file available for editing unfortunately.

Thank you for your answer!
Any idea which file i have to swap? Can't find it :(
the flag textures are split into like 3 or 4 erp(s) at least (been a while since I worked with them so can't recall) and since you can only change the flag texture itself you end up always having to match the nationalities (so for example Ferrari and Renault must have a same nationality driver etc). I do believe there is a mod that removes the flags from the game uploaded already though.

Somebody uploaded a mod that puts the 2019 cars into F1 2018. I believe it has been taken down. If anybody has it could you DM me and send me the rar file as it's super important for F1 2019 modding for 2020.

Thanks's!

На 2014 году игра remember mod была, признается в race click menu там пункты были шины для изменения и погоды. Кто-нибудь видел это на F1 2018 или может кто-нибудь вспомнить, как это называлось?

I need help editing the decal file. When I try to open it with Photoshop it says "Could not complete your request because of a problem with the file-format module interface". I've installed the NVIDIA DDS Plugin and Intel Texture Works.

Does someone know what the issue is?

Yup DDS is in the list. But there is no mention of Intel TExture Work or D3D
Probably an installation issue. the IntelTextureWorks.8bi needs to installed in Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Plug-ins and IntelTextureWorks-ConvertCubeMap.jsx and IntelTextureWorks-CubeMapGaussianBlur.jsx in Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Presets\Scripts . Depends on you photoshop version thats the default installation.

[QUOTE = "Angelillo, message: 2817195, membre: 77829"]
Salut. J'essaie de modifier l'autocollant de la Ferrari 2018 et quand je mets dans le jeu, je vois la voiture blanche, Savez-vous pourquoi elle peut être?.
J'explique ce que je fais: d'abord je prends la voiture F1 2018 / asset _groups / f1_2018_vehicle_package / teams / Ferrari une fois que je l'ai utilisé sur le bureau je l'ouvre avec l'Ego Archiveur ERP 6.1.2017.1025 / file / open je le cherche dans le bureau Ferrari / wep / Ferrari.erp / Textures / Exportateur tout J'ouvre le dossier Ferrari du bureau J'ouvre Ferrari_erp_textures / f1_2018_vehicle_package / teams / ferrari / textures et j'ouvre avec le photosop cs6 le fichier ferrari_decal_da.tif je modifie les décalcomanies que je veux par exemple où il a rencontré Ray Ban je mets Marlboro je donne à garder comme je l'enregistre dans Intel Texture Works (DDS DDS) et le fichier que j'entre avec l 'Ego à sa place correspondante je donne sauver et je vais jouer et à mon la surprise est que la voiture à l'air blanche.
Quelqu'un sait ce que je fais mal
Salutations.
[/CITATION]

Même problème, j' aimerais savoir ca qu'il faut faire pour ne plus avoir ces couleurs blanches quand je change les sponsors. Merci d'avance

Attachments

• Capture d’écran (40).png
    Capture d’écran (40).png
    591.9 KB · Views: 88
[QUOTE = "blondin73, message: 3171965, membre: 627299"]
Même problème, j'aimerais savoir ce qu'il faut faire pour ne plus avoir ces couleurs blanches quand je change les sponsors. Merci d'avance
[/CITATION]
c'est bon j'ai trouvé le problème

Attachments

• F1 2018 Screenshot 2020.05.08 - 23.14.58.12.png
    F1 2018 Screenshot 2020.05.08 - 23.14.58.12.png
    548.2 KB · Views: 89

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 50 12.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 42 10.3%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 48 11.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 46 11.3%
  • Friday

Votes: 141 34.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 240 59.0%