F1 2018 Modding Questions Thread

Takie pytanie. Gdzie znajdują się mipmapy do animation_package
Mod Edit: this is an English speaking forum as per our ToS please use it in future.
Such a question. Where are the mipmaps for animation_package

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone found a way to edit the abbreviated names on the live map seen in the garage? I'm running Krisdix' 2019 mod and this is the one issue. I would assume they're textures of some nature, but I can't for the life of me find them.

Hi, I'm new to modding and have got Krisix' 2019 mod and want to install the New unchained AI mod. I have already replaced the track files, but when I want to install the car settings for heavy AI lockups, do I need to do a manual installation? And I saw the files are XML documents, if I need to do a manual installation, where do I paste the text? The documents in "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\F1 2018\asset_groups\f1_2018_vehicle_package\teams\ferrari\wep" are .ASSETGROUP and .ERP files. Do I paste it in the .ASSETGROUP file?
Thanks in advance!

Hi, I'm new to modding and have got Krisix' 2019 mod and want to install the New unchained AI mod.
You can ask me directly in the feedback thread of AI mod.

1.Download Ego ERP Archiver here:
https://ryder25.itch.io/ego-erp-archiver
If you do not want to pay, then click little line "No thanks, just take me to the downloads"
2.Open folder Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2018\ asset_groups\ f1_2018_vehicle_package\ teams
3.Find ERP file of needed team and open in Ego ERP Archiver. For Mercedes open Common.erp, not Mercedes.erp.
4.Click Xml, then "Import" and choose xml file from mod - use needed modded variant.
5.Save erp file.
6.Repeat for each team.
7.Done.

Dears,
I would like to mod the camera setting in cockpit view. I would like to be able to have more range movement than original game standard values. I mean, I would like to move seat position (pov) more frontward/backward, higher/lower than standard limit. So I would like to modify limit range of horizontal/vertical setting and make them "longer"... Can anybody point me out were those datas are stored? II suppose I need ego erp, but which is the file that contains those datas so I can modify?
Thanks

Dears,
I would like to mod the camera setting in cockpit view. I would like to be able to have more range movement than original game standard values. I mean, I would like to move seat position (pov) more frontward/backward, higher/lower than standard limit. So I would like to modify limit range of horizontal/vertical setting and make them "longer"... Can anybody point me out were those datas are stored? II suppose I need ego erp, but which is the file that contains those datas so I can modify?
Thanks
Go to Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2018\asset_groups\f1_2018_vehicle_package\teams, find teams erp's, open in Ego Erp Archiver, click pkg files - camscargame.layer - export - open with text editor, you needed lines Offset, Rotation.

Hello everyone, where can I find the tire gloss mod in F1 2019 for the game F1 2018 and the sound of cars from F1 2019 for the game F1 2018 thanks in advance?

Hello everyone, where can I find the tire gloss mod in F1 2019 for the game F1 2018 and the sound of cars from F1 2019 for the game F1 2018 thanks in advance?

Hi everyone,
I have a question about changing car performance. In order to test this I have changed for each team their <team_name>.xml (inside of erp file) and copied xml for merc in all of them (taken from common.erp). But after running 15min Q I don't see that teams are close together. Could someone tell me, what I need to change in order to change team performance?
Thanks in advance,
Sasha

Hi everyone,
I' am running Krisdix' 2019 mod, I would like if it is possible to swap Jules Gasky with Albon ( Red Buul to Toro Rosso and vice versa ). .. The change start at Spa next week.
I mean, names and faces pictures ?

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum so don't blame me for the noob question ;)

I downloaded Assetto and the red pack. The goal is to drive around the Zandvoort circuit in a F1 red bull car. I have changed the skin on the Ferrari SF15t and in Assetto I see the Red Bull skin on it. Only when I start up the game, the car isn't a Red Bull but a Ferrari... What did I do wrong? I placed the skins in the SF15t folder were it should be and during the selection I can select the Red Bull skins (I will see the numbers of the Red bulls). But after that, it's still a Ferrari.

Can someone help me? :)

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum so don't blame me for the noob question ;)

I downloaded Assetto and the red pack. The goal is to drive around the Zandvoort circuit in a F1 red bull car. I have changed the skin on the Ferrari SF15t and in Assetto I see the Red Bull skin on it. Only when I start up the game, the car isn't a Red Bull but a Ferrari... What did I do wrong? I placed the skins in the SF15t folder were it should be and during the selection I can select the Red Bull skins (I will see the numbers of the Red bulls). But after that, it's still a Ferrari.

Can someone help me? :)
and you ask about AC on F1 game forum ?

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 176 66.9%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 114 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 121 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 48 18.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 71 27.0%
Back