F1 2021 Modding Questions Thread

When we change a texture and the mipmaps file is empty (0Kb), i think the mips layers stay inside the DDS file ?
I think yes, i don't any issue ingame with that.
But this empty mipmaps file need to be kept or not ? Do we need to have it in the game directory ? (i think not but i'm not sure).

Last edited:
Yes, i just have it. I cleaned my local files & reinstalled my mods and it was ok.
Yeah solved but initially my drivers mod wasn't loading but it is now.
Just the thought of having to make all those faces again haunts my dreams :roflmao:

Yeah solved but initially my drivers mod wasn't loading but it is now.
Just the thought of having to make all those faces again haunts my dreams :roflmao:
Same for me, I just tried 11 car liveries at the same time in full HD, my ERPs are nearly 200Mb each. I thought I had killed the game :confused:

Capture0.PNG

From 13Mb to 190Mb but it works at the end :roflmao:

Last edited:
For modders who used ERP files from ui_package directory, warning, i saw many changes inside this directory, with the v1.07.
flow_frontend.erp don't have the same number of ressources inside, and some other ERP contains change too.
With this kind of mod, i have a loading issue at game start (infinite loading).

Last edited:
Question: I've modded a helmet for use in my team but the visor attachment doesn't show up during my team races (it's not blank, it just doesn't show up at all. Instead it looks like the visor attachment .dds gets pasted onto the smaller visor strip. Another weird thing is that it does actually show up when I use the helmet in time trial mode, just not in my team. Rest of the helmet is fine btw (visor, helmet, wing).

I've tried the Akkerman and Butler helmets as the base. I've also tested the default Butler helmet in my team and it does show the visor attachment, so I'm clearly doing something wrong.

Steps I've taken:

Open ERP files:
  • 2021-custom-casperakkerman.erp
  • 2021-custom-casperakkerman_helmet.erp
Replace visor attachment files:
  • visor_attachments_d
  • visor_attachments_s -> I've tried using a modded version as well as re-using the default Butler texture

As mentioned the rest of the helmet is fine, just the visor attachment that's the issue. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Bit frustrating when I've put a over an hour into fixing into photoshopping the attachment for nothing :(

Question: I've modded a helmet for use in my team but the visor attachment doesn't show up during my team races (it's not blank, it just doesn't show up at all. Instead it looks like the visor attachment .dds gets pasted onto the smaller visor strip. Another weird thing is that it does actually show up when I use the helmet in time trial mode, just not in my team. Rest of the helmet is fine btw (visor, helmet, wing).

I've tried the Akkerman and Butler helmets as the base. I've also tested the default Butler helmet in my team and it does show the visor attachment, so I'm clearly doing something wrong.

Steps I've taken:

Open ERP files:
  • 2021-custom-casperakkerman.erp
  • 2021-custom-casperakkerman_helmet.erp
Replace visor attachment files:
  • visor_attachments_d
  • visor_attachments_s -> I've tried using a modded version as well as re-using the default Butler texture

As mentioned the rest of the helmet is fine, just the visor attachment that's the issue. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Bit frustrating when I've put a over an hour into fixing into photoshopping the attachment for nothing :(
At least show something..... normally visor attachement its only the visor strip in F1 2021, the helmet had no more ''plastic'' on the visor

• Deleted member 1946917

Hey guys

So with this update that came out, my race suits, showroom logos, helmets and UI pics got updated back to normal, liveries didnt change

Is there anyway to prevent this from happening in the future? as it's really frustrating having to re-install the Mods.

I'm also getting unlimited loading....i've tried restoring everything thing and then adding the mods back in and it's still ****ed

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 1946917

For modders who used ERP files from ui_package directory, warning, i saw many changes inside this directory, with the v1.07.
flow_frontend.erp don't have the same number of ressources inside, and some other ERP contains change too.
With this kind of mod, i have a loading issue at game start (infinite loading).
Ah okay, that must be my issue, restored flow front end to normal and it’s working now

Last edited by a moderator:
At least show something..... normally visor attachement its only the visor strip in F1 2021, the helmet had no more ''plastic'' on the visor
Hi Steve,

See below example. The visor attachment plate doesn't show up in game (instead the texture appears to be compressed into the smaller visor strip, hence the red lines not matching up like they do on the model.

I just went off the 3d model for modding, but if it doesn't work with this year's version I suppose I'll just have to re-design the visor strip.

Untitled-1.png

Hi Steve,

See below example. The visor attachment plate doesn't show up in game (instead the texture appears to be compressed into the smaller visor strip, hence the red lines not matching up like they do on the model.

I just went off the 3d model for modding, but if it doesn't work with this year's version I suppose I'll just have to re-design the visor strip.

View attachment 498113
The 3D helmet model for F1 2020 is not the same as F1 2021. As Steven mentioned, there is no visor attachment on the new helmet just a visor strip. The UV layout and wing attachment have also been modified in F1 2021. AFAIK, the F1 2021 3D helmet model is not publicly available, so you will have make adjustment through trial and error.

For now I would turn off the visibility of the visor attachment on your 3D model when creating helmet designs for F1 2021.

The 3D helmet model for F1 2020 is not the same as F1 2021. As Steven mentioned, there is no visor attachment on the new helmet just a visor strip. The UV layout and wing attachment have also been modified in F1 2021. AFAIK, the F1 2021 3D helmet model is not publicly available, so you will have make adjustment through trial and error.

For now I would turn off the visibility of the visor attachment on your 3D model when creating helmet designs for F1 2021.
Thanks, that makes sense!

Can someone help, my brain has gone blank and it's been a LONG while since I last did this.

I'm looking to replace sponsor boards with my league's logo for a video, I've got the texture file I need in EGO rp and I'm exporting it (it produces a DDS file).

Can someone remind me of how I open this, and more specifically how I can make my PNG file into the correct format to import in. Sorry if this is a stupid question!

Can someone help, my brain has gone blank and it's been a LONG while since I last did this.

I'm looking to replace sponsor boards with my league's logo for a video, I've got the texture file I need in EGO rp and I'm exporting it (it produces a DDS file).

Can someone remind me of how I open this, and more specifically how I can make my PNG file into the correct format to import in. Sorry if this is a stupid question!
You'll need some kind of photo editing software. I use Photoshop but I think Paint.NET (free software) can also be used to open and edit .dds files.

Does anyone know how to deal with the graphical bug, where the game displays very jagged/crooked lines on the halo even though they are perfectly straight? I saw a video with supposed solution (change the "crowd" graphic setting to medium and in the video it fixed it, but for me this doesnt work (i tried just to be sure many different graphic settings and combinations and nothings fix it. Does anyone know what to do with it? thanks

Last edited:
Hi all! I have a question related to f1 2021 but it is also the same case for 2020 or 2019 I think. How can you create a new erp file? I saw some mods, basically related to car-model swaps, that have their own erp file with its name and also the files inside have changed their names and the paths where they are placed. I wanted to know it because I think it can be the solution if you want to use the same carmodel more than once; for example if you try to make red bull in 2020 use the 2010 red bull model and files and you also want Alpha Tauri to use those files, the game will crash, even though I duplicate the files and provide a new path to it. It's liike the game detects that you are using 2 erps with the same name, or even you change the erp's name, it detects the same files inside and with the same path, as you can see in "All Resouces" and it crashes.
Greetings.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.7%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.3%