AC FAT-ALFIE championship multiclass round 3@Deutschlandring, Wed 15th November 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I might have missed this point in the long history of this testing but why don't you bop the cars to match them up exactly? Trying to find a match without bop seems an impossible task and also excludes some nice cars i.e. the Ginneta. With BOP we could have a whole collection of cars to choose from and it might attract more interest. I know I'm a bit bored of the MX5 and I don't like driving the Abarth.

Can't say I liked the Swift much either but fair play to people that can extract fast times from it. I just found it a bit dead and unexciting.

I assume one argument against BOP is that it's track specific - but the MX5/Abarth are already suited to different circuits so we already have that situation. Maybe just try a race with a variety of bopped cars and see what happens...

I might have missed this point in the long history of this testing but why don't you bop the cars to match them up exactly? Trying to find a match without bop seems an impossible task and also excludes some nice cars i.e. the Ginneta. With BOP we could have a whole collection of cars to choose from and it might attract more interest. I know I'm a bit bored of the MX5 and I don't like driving the Abarth.

Can't say I liked the Swift much either but fair play to people that can extract fast times from it. I just found it a bit dead and unexciting.

I assume one argument against BOP is that it's track specific - but the MX5/Abarth are already suited to different circuits so we already have that situation. Maybe just try a race with a variety of bopped cars and see what happens...
If someone gives me a good BOP for the Ginetta I'm willing to try that. I can set up the practice server with that. Choices are restrictor and/or ballast.

Fine-tuning the BOP will take time and I want to focus on finding and testing new tracks myself, so if you want to do that and agree on that, please let me know.

I'm away next week but happy to have a play when I'm back the following week. If we put all the cars with no bop on a server then we can get some times from other drivers as a starting point.

It would be interesting to see the variation when alien, mid pack and rookie drivers have a go in all the cars.

It might be worth setting up a separate thread?

Hello! I'm new around here
Can I still join the event?
Hi ZePEIDA,

You're very welcome! Another one from Portugal. I hope your first name isn't Ricardo because that would become very confusing in our voice chat:p.

There's one spot left so when you have upgraded to Premium and have entered your real name in your RDAccount/Account details, post here again and I will send you a PM with the necessary information to sign up together with some tips.

Hope to see you on track!

Hi ZePEIDA,

You're very welcome! Another one from Portugal. I hope your first name isn't Ricardo because that would become very confusing in our voice chat:p.

There's one spot left so when you have upgraded to Premium and have entered your real name in your RDAccount/Account details, post here again and I will send you a PM with the necessary information to sign up together with some tips.

Hope to see you on track!
Hi HF2000,

Just did all that.
Do check if everything is okay

holy crap, even the pitlane is so pitch black I can even see the stars. This one is going to be one tough cookie.
You can pit during full daylight period.

But hey, adds some excitment to our races, doesn't it?

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 465 70.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 283 42.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 306 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 180 27.1%
Back