AC FAT-ALFIE championship multiclass round 3@Deutschlandring, Wed 15th November 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
This track really needs a PPF with decent headlight brightness, not much light almost anywhere. But I'm just happy that there's no place like the last corner of Bremgarten...

This track really needs a PPF with decent headlight brightness, not much light almost anywhere. But I'm just happy that there's no place like the last corner of Bremgarten...
You can adjust the headlights in CSP in the LightingFX settings.

You can adjust the headlights in CSP in the LightingFX settings.
Yes, but the setting is hidden in preview versions of CSP and I'll let it be that way since Ilja has decided to hide it. I trust he has a reason for that. But I'm now using a PPF that has a slider for headlight brightness in Pure Config.

Last edited:
SOLVED.,,,,

E81F63C7-DAF0-4202-8885-84A888E2969E.jpeg

IMHO the headlights are as in real life. It's the lack of directional headlights (aka AFS in modern cars), which darkens parts of tight curves. With the Mazda and Pure PPF the headlights are quite bright for me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_ks_mazda_mx5_cup_deutschlandring_15-10-123-13-27-42.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_mazda_mx5_cup_deutschlandring_15-10-123-13-27-42.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_ks_mazda_mx5_cup_deutschlandring_15-10-123-13-40-17.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_mazda_mx5_cup_deutschlandring_15-10-123-13-40-17.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_ks_mazda_mx5_cup_deutschlandring_15-10-123-13-44-41.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_mazda_mx5_cup_deutschlandring_15-10-123-13-44-41.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_ks_mazda_mx5_cup_deutschlandring_15-10-123-13-44-59.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_mazda_mx5_cup_deutschlandring_15-10-123-13-44-59.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 29
In my opinion these headlights are "larger than life" concerning length and width of the beam.

Still, as the first part of the track is a "little light" :rolleyes: on external light sources I could use a longer beam here.

Is there a mod for laser high beams anywhere ( and is it legal to use, Mr Race Director, Sir??:p)

In the mean time I´ll have to walk around the track with a spray can and make my own
markers :unsure:

PB in qualy, happy with that, first few race laps were quite intens (sorry for the gentle tap on the butt Carsten, good to see you could keep it on the track). Few laps on, couldn't avoid hitting a spun off Robert, so back a few places, but had some great great laps with Richard, that was very cool. Made a little mistake after a few laps so, just couldn't get back to him. Then found a spun out Carsten where Robert was earlier on, driving around spun cars there is miss or... hit is was. Back a few more places, losing focus, hit a concrete hay thing, back a few places, took some back, lost focus, etc. etc etc.

Nice track Han, even in the dark! Congrats podiums, see you at Road Atlanta!

What happened to Paul and Ernie?
I am still suffering a really bad case of sim racing Tourette’s...................... :O_o:still swearing after a nailed on solid fourth place was thrown away by a momentary lack of concentration on the very last lap.
I was trying to catch Samu when I clipped the fence after the first downhill bridge right hander and ended up in the ditch on the right and couldn’t get out.
Up until then a great race, well done all who finished, now back to swearing a lot.......................

Great race for me, had a cup of tea whilst I watched everyone qualify, happy with my qualifying and cup of tea.
Good race pace, got in the top 3 with out too many problems, some near misses, :O_o:very good chance of second place after catching Hank, unfortunately, the cup of tea turned up-to haunt me.
Dying for a pee, so abandoned the race, a good race for me, I let Jason by, by then I was into peeing my pants territory.:roflmao::roflmao:

BAFC4520-CAE2-496C-8860-01D7D05B3E40.jpeg

PS forgot to mention, bleeding lucky race for me.:p:p

Last edited:
Having practiced about a third of how much I usually practice, my only goal for this race was not to crash myself or others. That lasted about 30 seconds as I crashed probably the entire backfield. We were going three wide, I moved a bit to the right to give someone some room, but failed to notice a fourth contender was approaching fast trying to move into the gap I was closing on my right. Sorry about that guys! Hope I didn't ruin anyone's race.

Btw, @Allan Ramsbottom, I think you should share some laps a couple days before the race for us slow guys. I've been relying so much on that, I've been having withdrawal symptoms not having seen any during the week, hahahah! :D My PB was like a 3:47.4 before the race and after having seen your laps during practice I immediately set a 46.4 and a 45.8 during qualy.

Congrats to the podium, thanks to everybody and see you next time!

Great race for me, had a cup of tea whilst I watched everyone qualify, happy with my qualifying and cup of tea.
Good race pace, got in the top 3 with out too many problems, some near misses, :O_o:very good chance of second place after catching Hank, unfortunately, the cup of tea turned up-to haunt me.
Dying for a pee, so abandoned the race, a good race for me, I let Jason by, by then I was into peeing my pants territory.:roflmao::roflmao:

View attachment 707523
Ah ok, I thought you missed the pit stop window. I got into the pits at the last possible moment and saw you drive on.

Well, that was a nightmare. Started around the middle of the grid which is normal for me but tweeked the car a little at the last moment and was going to be faster than quali for sure. Before i could even get into fifth gear i was taken out from both side and rear that left me about last and way off the back. Was i pissed off? Yes. Did it get better? No. My next lap and i was progressively beaten up by what i can only describe as some of the worst driving i have seen. It got better when i managed to get some air but i now had a lot of work to do to play catch up. Had some good battles along the way and was by 15 mins in starting to enjoy the challenge. Overshot my pit marker by a mile and had to reverse quite a way back (my fault this time :unsure: ) I saw a few dead bodies along the way, here's looking at you Carsten and Boukah and finally when all was done came home in 12th place which i will take considering the options were "stuff this for a game of soldiers" and "i don't want to play any more" both resulting in the escape button being used. Anyway, all great fun :thumbsup:

P.S. i cannot get my discord to work on chat for RD only. Does not show the drivers. Only shows a couple of intro messages like read this first. Any body have any ideas?

i would say it is almost certainly a windows problem,:thumbsup: I suppose almost certainly is about as certain of not being hit in one of our races.:O_o:
It works properly with other discord channels though such as the 'how to use a brake peddle' channel and the 'hour long race must be won on the first bend' channel :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Having practiced about a third of how much I usually practice, my only goal for this race was not to crash myself or others. That lasted about 30 seconds as I crashed probably the entire backfield. We were going three wide, I moved a bit to the right to give someone some room, but failed to notice a fourth contender was approaching fast trying to move into the gap I was closing on my right. Sorry about that guys! Hope I didn't ruin anyone's race.

Btw, @Allan Ramsbottom, I think you should share some laps a couple days before the race for us slow guys. I've been relying so much on that, I've been having withdrawal symptoms not having seen any during the week, hahahah! :D My PB was like a 3:47.4 before the race and after having seen your laps during practice I immediately set a 46.4 and a 45.8 during qualy.

Congrats to the podium, thanks to everybody and see you next time!
I dont think you started it Rico, there was a black car that hit me hard from behind and mahem followed as he bounced off anyone who was there. Wish i had a replay

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 465 70.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 283 42.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 306 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 180 27.1%
Back