AC Ferrari 330/Ford GT40/Porsche 908@Highlands, Tue 31st May 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
`Well described Rob. We did spend our fair share of time going around in dusty circles. Started bad for me, dont know what i did wrong but dumped in the pits at the start with a 15sec penalty. All down hill from there on in. Still, lots of fun
Did you forget to press the Drive button of did you do a jump start?

Last edited:
Forgot to press the drive button i think Han. Good fun though. Thank you for making it happen as always
I'm asking it because S.GP has a bug that the jumpstart penalty is mixed up. When 'drive through' is configured, you get a 'teleport to the pits'. And also the other way around so because I want a 'drive through' penalty I configure my events with 'teleport to the pits'.
I reported it but I don't get informed when they fix bugs so I was interested if you had a jump start.
If you did and got teleported, it means that the bug is fixed.

Enjoyed driving these beasts around this track. Certainly helped that I'd done some practice but still very easy to go off.

I fuelled up for just over 12 laps but still had to fuel save with three laps to go as it said I was 4ltr short! Managed to cross the line with 1ltr left.

Thanks, as ever, to Han for organising

The Ford was not great to drive around here. The gearing was really awkward and you can only change final drive here. I was basically too far down the revs in a gear in most corners, but dropping down was not an option either because it was typically a bit too short and you'd lose the same amount of time with the extra shifting (especially since heel and toe H-shifting in corners is difficult). With the lower fuel loads, it got a bit more bearable.

The front end also felt quite dead, with almost no setup options to improve it. And being so low down in the rev range with the gearing, I couldn't really slide it around to point the nose where I wanted it to.

Luckily it was a rocketship down the straight, at least compared to the Ferrari. I think I hit 328km/h at some stage of the race.

Didn't really expect to close the gap in qualifying, with the empty tank. Although Allan didn't set a super fast time either.

I figured my only chance to beat him was to stay as close as possible in the first section, before we got to the big straight. Then overtake him there and try my best at defending through the sections where the Ferrari was so much faster.

So I underfueled the car, hoping for a good start and a good first sector with the lower weight.
The plan worked fairly well, but me and Allan fighting caused the guys behind us to catch up. This then allowed Laurent to attack me in sector 1 on lap 3 or 4, which made me lose too much time to Allan and when we got to the straight, I was still ahead of Laurent, but I couldn't overtake Allan anymore. Allan then got into a rhythm and checked out.

I had to save fuel for the last couple of laps and then made a small mistake too, but managed to stay ahead of the chasing pack.

The Ford was not great to drive around here. The gearing was really awkward and you can only change final drive here. I was basically too far down the revs in a gear in most corners, but dropping down was not an option either because it was typically a bit too short and you'd lose the same amount of time with the extra shifting (especially since heel and toe H-shifting in corners is difficult). With the lower fuel loads, it got a bit more bearable.

The front end also felt quite dead, with almost no setup options to improve it. And being so low down in the rev range with the gearing, I couldn't really slide it around to point the nose where I wanted it to.

Luckily it was a rocketship down the straight, at least compared to the Ferrari. I think I hit 328km/h at some stage of the race.

Didn't really expect to close the gap in qualifying, with the empty tank. Although Allan didn't set a super fast time either.

I figured my only chance to beat him was to stay as close as possible in the first section, before we got to the big straight. Then overtake him there and try my best at defending through the sections where the Ferrari was so much faster.

So I underfueled the car, hoping for a good start and a good first sector with the lower weight.
The plan worked fairly well, but me and Allan fighting caused the guys behind us to catch up. This then allowed Laurent to attack me in sector 1 on lap 3 or 4, which made me lose too much time to Allan and when we got to the straight, I was still ahead of Laurent, but I couldn't overtake Allan anymore. Allan then got into a rhythm and checked out.

I had to save fuel for the last couple of laps and then made a small mistake too, but managed to stay ahead of the chasing pack.
Do you think that you will run into the same problems on the Fat-Alfie tracks?
I'm a bit afraid that for a championship everyone will go for the Ferrari.
And also I'm interested what you can do with the 908. That has a lot more setup options and is also much faster on the straights than the Ferrari.

Do you think that you will run into the same problems on the Fat-Alfie tracks?
I'm a bit afraid that for a championship everyone will go for the Ferrari.
And also I'm interested what you can do with the 908. That has a lot more setup options and is also much faster on the straights than the Ferrari.
I'm not sure, I don't remember the Ford feeling like such a dog, so maybe it is limited to this track. I will have to try all 3 cars at some point around a more 'neutral' track.

That was a super intense awesome race...Seeing all the sign ups especially the pretty quick guys Ernie,Hank,Laurent and then thrown in the mix Enzo, i knew i has my work cut out.Driven these Ferraris quite a bit in the past,so i had a pretty good setup i dug out,but i was tempted to go with the Porsche.In praccy it faired ok..Could,nt get a blinding quali lap but still managed pole..:D..106ltrs of fuel, this thing had a fatter ass than my misses:cautious::cautious:...Pretty good start but soon had Enzo breathing down my neck(as per usual) as we fought it out for a few laps which led Hank,Laurent,Ernie,close up..On the long back straight the Ford comes into its own,in praccy i was hitting 200mph....but you have to brake much earlier than the Ferrari and the cornering is,nt as sharp,so all i needed was roughly a 3-4 sec gap..As the fuel burned away,car came into its own and i got into a nice rhythm,slight errors on both Enzo and myselfs part saw us having a few side to side corners at speed which was fun..I think it would have been a lot closer if Enzo had taken the Ferrari...BUT he did,nt and i WON..:p:laugh::roflmao:..Great combo Han as usual,keep em coming..

I'm asking it because S.GP has a bug that the jumpstart penalty is mixed up. When 'drive through' is configured, you get a 'teleport to the pits'. And also the other way around so because I want a 'drive through' penalty I configure my events with 'teleport to the pits'.
I reported it but I don't get informed when they fix bugs so I was interested if you had a jump start.
If you did and got teleported, it means that the bug is fixed.
It was definitely not a jump start. I am sure of that. I ' think 'i left it late leaving the pits but thought i had time to spare. Obviously not. Maybe i was in countdown lights mode when i hit the button?

It was definitely not a jump start. I am sure of that. I ' think 'i left it late leaving the pits but thought i had time to spare. Obviously not. Maybe i was in countdown lights mode when i hit the button?
Yes I think you have to have push the button before the red lights appear.

Even at Le Mans with Chris, Reik and Axel in the GT40, although they were faster, ( over a lap ). From the start line the Ferrari could stay with them through the twisty bits. On the long straight with no chicanes, got a tow till the last right hand bend.
The GT40 then got away, but only to be caught in the braking zone. The Gt40 then got out dragged on the next long straight.
By the time they were on the Ferrari’s tail, then came the twisty bits and the Ferrari made its get away until, the long straight appeared again, then got a tow again when the GT40 went by.
So as the finishing line is where it was the GT40 was doomed.
The Porsche was not competitive there either.

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 266 37.1%
  • Porsche

Votes: 274 38.2%
  • BMW

Votes: 255 35.6%
  • McLaren

Votes: 168 23.4%
  • Toyota

Votes: 271 37.8%
  • Intel

Votes: 90 12.6%