Formula Legacy Manager - 70s

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am fine with the system despite a dnf sponsor

we could introduce a quali sponsor instead -> in qualifying noone retired and in that fashion the quali has some kind of importance to those who choose the quali sponsor

I just double checked the proposed system and there indeed is no DNF sponsor. The race rewards table next to the sponsor table confused me aswell :redface:

hmm... still don't understand. If one of your driver win the race and the other one DNF, you'll get money. If a driver retires he'll get nothing.. if both your drivers retire you'll get nothing.
naked-gun-facepalm.gif

Oh ffs, nvm, I was stupid. Skipped the sponsor column, read the DNF from driver and associated it with the 200 for finish

1979 Formula Legacy Season (13-16)

1483728460-1979-13.png

1483728460-1979-14.png

1483728460-1979-15.png

1483728460-1979-16.png

1483728460-1979-16standings.png

1483728460-1979-16rewards.png

This is the end of the 1979 season ! Congratulations to the winner !

Off-Season - Signing Drivers

End of Contract

P. Tambay, 31 years old, 100$/race
E. Fittipaldi, 34 years old, 121$/race
G. Villeneuve, 30 years old, 146$/race
A. Jones, 34 years old, 135$/race
T. Pryce, 31 years old, 65$/race
J. Laffite, 37 years old, 142$/race
C. Reutemann, 38 years old, 135$/race
N. Lauda, 31 years old, 177$/race

Free Agent
J-P. Jarier, 34 years old, 72$/race
J. Watson, 34 years old, 100$/race
D. Daly, 27 years old, 53$/race
B. Giacomelli, 28 years old, 56$/race
G. Nilsson, 32 years old, 65$/race
H-J. Stuck, 29 years old, 52$/race
M. Surer, 29 years old, 52$/race
A. Prost, 25 years old, 117$/race
N. Mansell, 27 years old, 81$/race
E. Cheever, 22 years old, 30$/race
A. De Cesaris, 21 years old, 30$/race

Only Renault, Williams and Brabham do not need to sign a driver for the next season.
Notice that the newly entered team Toleman needs to sign two drivers instead of one.
I'm waiting for a 7 drivers wish-list, 10 drivers for Toleman.

Off-Season - Tiers, Ratings & Budget Infos

1483729144-capture-d-ecran-2017-01-06-a-19-58-42.png

no but seriously, what's up with everyone wanting to nerf whatever tactic I try to get myself to win a championship?
-I tried the 99 for $50 tactic, along with BRM and Surtees. They both made their aero and engine stats go up so high, and this loophole was taken care of before I could push both my car stats as well.
-I tried to progress steadily through the tiers, but then I get pushed into the incorrect tier at least once, but I say as much as 3 times. Ruins the income, and back down I go.
-I try to save up mad money and now seemingly everyone wants to just kill it off.

Like honestly, now I really am starting to feel some bias against me. I haven't signed up so I can finish last every time, I signed up so I can bring a backmarker to fighting for wins and the championship. And it would have worked by now had I not been bashed twice, and seemingly 3rd time won't be any luckier either.
If you want me to just sit in last place forever, you're better off giving my manager spot to someone else on the waiting list who will have more enjoyment being a backmarker. Let me tell you right now, chances are very low you'll actually find someone who enjoys that.

@Milos don't worry about it, everyone complaining cuz you found the sweet spot in the rules. Meff will do what he wants with the rules, just call him Bernie from now on, and we have to comply or quit.

That's just rubbish. There's no bias against you and there's been no unfairness in tier placements. You know, someone has to get screwed in order for someone else to rise up. In the long run it'll even out. That's life and one just has to deal with it.

But in my opinion there is a flaw in the game if it promotes losing. Although I'm not sure if it actually does. You know, I really doubt if your tactic of saving will actually help you because it'll take you at least one full season to catch up to other teams when you actually start to invest. By that time you've spent most of your money and we're back to square one.

e. After all I still feel 200$ is too much for finish sponsor. That should be the low-risk low-reward option but now it is no-risk medium-reward :thumbsdown:
e2. Same goes for tier 1. There's no high-risk high-reward, only high-risk, medium-reward.

Last edited:
no but seriously, what's up with everyone wanting to nerf whatever tactic I try to get myself to win a championship?
-I tried the 99 for $50 tactic, along with BRM and Surtees. They both made their aero and engine stats go up so high, and this loophole was taken care of before I could push both my car stats as well.
-I tried to progress steadily through the tiers, but then I get pushed into the incorrect tier at least once, but I say as much as 3 times. Ruins the income, and back down I go.
-I try to save up mad money and now seemingly everyone wants to just kill it off.

Like honestly, now I really am starting to feel some bias against me. I haven't signed up so I can finish last every time, I signed up so I can bring a backmarker to fighting for wins and the championship. And it would have worked by now had I not been bashed twice, and seemingly 3rd time won't be any luckier either.
If you want me to just sit in last place forever, you're better off giving my manager spot to someone else on the waiting list who will have more enjoyment being a backmarker. Let me tell you right now, chances are very low you'll actually find someone who enjoys that.
a) it was only I posting something regarding your tactics (at least I don't remember anyone else doing it)
b) I put a smiley, it was a joke. Believe it or not, Germans actually make jokes every now and then. Like once a year or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 277 37.0%
  • Porsche

Votes: 285 38.1%
  • BMW

Votes: 268 35.8%
  • McLaren

Votes: 174 23.2%
  • Toyota

Votes: 281 37.5%
  • Intel

Votes: 93 12.4%