Formula-SimRacing ASR1992 Championship [Unofficial]

That was very intense race. I made two major mistakes, jumped start (I cannot see the lights again and there was no sound, if anybody knows how to fix that I will be very grateful) and pitted too late for second time. I had massive front tire wear, almost twice of rears. Despite that pace was fine, and without mistakes it should have been 5th or 6th for me. Unfortunate to end up just 9 seconds behind 1 point but it should be better in Spain (one of my favorite tracks), so i'm looking forward to it.
Thanks to everyone!

Really enjoyed the race, thanks very much.
Edit:
There was some good hard racing all the way down the grid to where I was in the "pay drivers cup".
I only realised when I got on the server that I had Waaay to much wing. So halved it and found appr 30kph top speed.

This was the first time I have raced with race winning FSR drivers and its going to be a steep learning curve which is what I want.
It seems you can push the setup parameters a little too far. I got a rear disc failure appr 3-4 laps from home and parked it.

Next target: Only get lapped once:thumbsup: (have to keep my targets achievable now dont I?)
I better get some more prep in.

Nice broadcast gents.

Last edited:
jumped start (I cannot see the lights again and there was no sound, if anybody knows how to fix that I will be very grateful)

I saw u jumping and jumped then as well :whistling:. Pretty sure that i still wouldve had the same start into P7 without that which frustrates me abit. But luckily was able to work my way up into P8 again after that drive throrugh. besides that i coulndt find a rhythm so my laptimes went all over the place.

Gonna prepare a bit better for spain for sure. See you guys then.

Hi, My name is Dale Ballweg, would love to run the 1992 cars. I've been sim racing with league for many years and I love this mod. If the Tyrrell is still available I'll grab that!

Qualified 12th or 14th with 1:11.9 which was a few tenths off my personal best but I did a couple of last minute setup changes so maybe that's why.

Lap 1: Had a slow start, and then was further slowed by the accident at T1 between Loggerenberg and Uehara. Came out of T3 in 16th and following closely behind Tyler Billewicz.
Lap 5: Had a good little battle with @Kris Cobb. Overtook leading into T1 but then he came back at me heading into T4. Lucky for me he outbraked himself and I got by again. I continued following closely behind Tyler Billewicz.
Lap 6: @Dmitry Zaharov had caught us up and had some side by side action with him but he eventually pitted I think before getting by. I continued following closely behind Tyler but always seemed to be a little too far back to make a move. Eventually on lap 9 he made a mistake in sector 2 which allowed me to get close enough on the main straight where I overtook into T1 after 9 laps following. Nice clean stuff with him.
Lap 13: Now in P7 due to pit stops ahead. Dmitry had caught me again and followed me closely until making a move on lap 14/15 into T1.
Lap 22: My final lap before pitting. I should have gone in one lap earlier though. My tires were now entirely gone and I had a little crash all by myself into a wall in the middle sector. Then I had a 9 second pit stop due to damage. And to make things worse I accidentally let off the pit limiter a bit too early and incurred a drive through penalty which I took on lap 27. Many lessons learnt on that lap.
Lap 27: Exit from drive through in 11th just ahead of @James Bolton who shadowed me closely for a few laps before pitting I think.
And from lap 31 on I was in 9th and just managing a small gap to @Martin Bulgin behind.
On the very last lap I got a bunch of blue flag warnings even though it seemed like the leader was quite far behind. On the final straight of the last lap I had to slow dramatically to let him through and then I was 2 laps down and my race was over.

Many thanks to @Kris Cobb for organizing and to everyone I raced with on track. It seems like a good group and I will try to practise more for the next one.

EDIT: Also thanks to @Jonny Simon and @James Sadler for commentating. I've watched a bit of the youtube video and it's great fun to see and hear it from their perspective.

Sorry I guess that would help. Mitch Simon, Culver City, CA USA. I would like to use my Real Name in game and on site but I dont know how to update it here and since the new build dont know how to do it on RF2, Any help is appreciated.
No problem Mitch! If you get licensed from RD they will change your name. Licensing is free and you get to take part in normal RD races.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 32 16.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 26 13.4%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 27 13.9%
  • Friday

Votes: 69 35.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 108 55.7%