F1 2012 Free Practice: Rain - Qualifying: Dry. What do you do with setups?

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi everyone!

I have started Shanghai weekend and free practice has been 100% rainy and then the qualify has been in dry conditions. As there are Parc Ferme restrictions I'm not able to edit the setups so I can't get a good setup for my car in dry conditions in qualifying, so I have finished in 18º position. I have done my best but the setup is not appropiate because I could not test dry setups for this circuit.

What do you do in similar cases? Thanks in advance for your answers!

Hi everyone!

I have started Shanghai weekend and free practice has been 100% rainy and then the qualify has been in dry conditions. As there are Parc Ferme restrictions I'm not able to edit the setups so I can't get a good setup for my car in dry conditions in qualifying, so I have finished in 18º position. I have done my best but the setup is not appropiate because I could not test dry setups for this circuit.

What do you do in similar cases? Thanks in advance for your answers!

Now, I'll ignore the argument above me. :D

What I do is go for the race setup. I mean, if it's a DRY race I go with a DRY setup, if it's a WET race I go with a WET setup. The AI are way too slow anyways, so you're gonna have the advantage no matter what setup you choose. The AI ALWAYS uses:

6/6 wings
6/6 roll bars
6/6/6/6 suspension
everything on the middle

Now, I'll ignore the argument above me. :D

What I do is go for the race setup. I mean, if it's a DRY race I go with a DRY setup, if it's a WET race I go with a WET setup. The AI are way too slow anyways, so you're gonna have the advantage no matter what setup you choose. The AI ALWAYS uses:

6/6 wings
6/6 roll bars
6/6/6/6 suspension
everything on the middle

You're talking about default setups? The setups that the engineer proposed?

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 22 12.4%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Thursday

Votes: 22 12.4%
  • Friday

Votes: 61 34.5%
  • Saturday

Votes: 99 55.9%