AC GT3 @ Okayama - Sunday 8th October 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Simple race for me, got back too late after a pee, but it had zero effect on the outcome, I would have just been further up the road. Just made sure I was not too far away in case there was an off. That never happened, so lapped alone.
Got buggered by the pit stop, I don’t have a clutch , so had to chug out of the pits in first gear. Again it made no difference. It was a race of “ it made no difference “ :O_o:

Last edited:
Almost managed to keep up with Fulvio in the end. Not sure that was me or the car :roflmao: Different pit strategies played out more like a chess game trying to hold quli pace. Great cars, great track for them :thumbsup:

On an unrelated note, I downloaded those Guerilla GT4 Mods Fulvio mentioned a couple months back this weekend. I had driven them when they released the new version, but tried them again, and dial the TC down(up??) to 1-3 instead of the default 7 and it felt like a completely different drive, in a great way.

I know we've been in and out of lots of different cars recently, but I second the thumbs up for these. Free download. Not sure how they fall with usage on here though, not sure where they came from :coffee:

I know we've been in and out of lots of different cars recently, but I second the thumbs up for these. Free download. Not sure how they fall with usage on here though, not sure where they came from :coffee:

Ye looked into them.
They released them all very quickly and the files are encrypted. Keyboard wars happened. They left RD.
There wasn't any evidence to say they were made with stolen content.
Who knows.

Dull enough race for 55 minutes. The carnage at the start left me traveling alone as the front pack pulled away.

Binned the 911 once pushing for a pb and again from concentration wandering.. Suddenly with 4 laps to go @robthesquare was right behind me and travelling pretty quick. Did you swap tyres rob?
I couldn't get enough pace from the car to defend and he got through with a lap and a half left. Nice overtake battle through the hairpin and revolver section!
Built a setup from scratch, in the qualy, and forgot about the brake ducts. Only clicked with me after the race why my tyres were going cold on the straights. Maybe helped the stability of the car in the twisties but definitely at the expense of lock ups on hard braking. Note to self!
Congrats Fulvio and podium!
See you all for the next one :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Dull enough race for 55 minutes. The carnage at the start left me traveling alone as the front pack pulled away.

Binned the 911 once pushing for a pb and again from concentration wandering.. Suddenly with 4 laps to go @robthesquare was right behind me and travelling pretty quick. Did you swap tyres rob?
I couldn't get enough pace from the car to defend and he got through with a lap and a half left. Nice overtake battle through the hairpin and revolver section!
Built a setup from scratch, in the qualy, and forgot about the brake ducts. Only clicked with me after the race why my tyres were going cold on the straights. Maybe helped the stability of the car in the twisties but definitely at the expense of lock ups on hard braking. Note to self!
Congrats Fulvio and podium!
See you all for the next one :thumbsup:
I too got caught up in carnage at the start. I was initially going to do a 1 liter stop with no tire change, but I decided to take a gamble and change tires with about 20 mins to go. I guess it worked out!

I also didn't pay any mind to the brake duct settings. Maybe that will help my front tire temps.

I too got caught up in carnage at the start. I was initially going to do a 1 liter stop with no tire change, but I decided to take a gamble and change tires with about 20 mins to go. I guess it worked out!
I had a feeling you had fresh rubber.

Not sure which strategy is best.
Typical 911 issue when the fuel comes out you get some understeer at the front, which isn't helped having tyres worn out. I think the tyre change can be cancelled out at least, especially if you split the fuel too, it could be a few seconds faster over the hour.

I also didn't pay any mind to the brake duct settings. Maybe that will help my front tire temps.
Ye braking was particularly bad for me at T1 and the hairpin near the end. Cold tyres, light front end and the wear added up.
I tested them at laguna. Around 3 seems the best. Maybe 4 front, 3 at the rear will do fine for most tracks.

Last edited:
Hey guys, sorry for the mess at the start. I looked at the replay and when I turned to avoid the parked car, I lost control and ran across the track taking everyone out with me.

After that I just kept pushing and for a bit it looked like I might catch the pack. A couple of mistakes dropped me back.

I did enjoy the chase.

Thanks for organizing and congratulations to the winners.

Had again troubles with my PC. Got into the car without any practise right when the quali started just to find out that my CPU was running on 100% and my VR was synced to 60fps instead 90fps after a BIOS update :confused: . That led to stutters and I felt dizzy after a few laps. Couldn't fix that before the race started and so I was not really competitive (for sure, practise would have helped a lot, but thats another story :whistling: ).
After brian kissed my ass under braking (as mentioned before - new track, no practise, far to early on the brakes, so my fault) I let him pass a bit later cause I did not want to risk a crash with him or anyone else.

Tonight I'll finally grab my screwdriver and replace my good old 3900x with a 5800x3d and hopefully fix such stupid CPU issues. Next week we'll see if it worked out :sneaky::)

edit: forgot to mention that I spun multiple times. again. and finally left the race early enough.

Last edited:
Had again troubles with my PC. Got into the car without any practise right when the quali started just to find out that my CPU was running on 100% and my VR was synced to 60fps instead 90fps after a BIOS update :confused: . That led to stutters and I felt dizzy after a few laps. Couldn't fix that before the race started and so I was not really competitive (for sure, practise would have helped a lot, but thats another story :whistling: ).
After brian kissed my ass under braking (as mentioned before - new track, no practise, far to early on the brakes, so my fault) I let him pass a bit later cause I did not want to risk a crash with him or anyone else.

Tonight I'll finally grab my screwdriver and replace my good old 3900x with a 5800x3d and hopefully fix such stupid CPU issues. Next week we'll see if it worked out :sneaky::)

edit: forgot to mention that I spun multiple times. again. and finally left the race early enough.

Good luck with the upgrade!

My VR setting are here, if you want to compare with your own. Smart mirrors unfortunately seem to cause massive fps issues recently so that is turned off until I figure it out.

Good luck with the upgrade!

My VR setting are here, if you want to compare with your own. Smart mirrors unfortunately seem to cause massive fps issues recently so that is turned off until I figure it out.
Thanks, I'll keep you posted :)
Well I also played around with smart mirrors, but I did not really recognize a difference. As my 3090 is running around 70-80% with quite high settings and CPU tops out in online- and AI-races with a lot of participants, I think/hope it's the CPU.

edit: if I remember correctly there is a rendering setting in smart mirrors which has an impact on FPS

Last edited:
edit: if I remember correctly there is a rendering setting in smart mirrors which has an impact on FPS

No idea what it was, will check that one. Havn't really investigated the setting within smart mirrors.
It wasn't showing on my hardware monitor whatever it was doing to the PC. GPU and CPU were both normal on the hardware monitor. I thought my PC was dying!
I was getting really badly hit at riverside in the RF2 Lola if you want an FPS test mule with AI! Maybe to do with having multiple mirrors visible at once. That car has some nice mirror options in the setup.

Last edited:
Sounds interesting. What exactly does that mean? Where is the setting and how do you handle it? If I may ask.

Maybe at some point I'll get further with my "setup skills", which somehow feel like they're still at the point in some areas: I'll do something and see if it was good, even though I don't know what I did and why.

It's only on the porsche. They are 'wings' at the back of the wheel that deflect air into the brakes. Cools the brake and also the hub and wheel itself, so you get lower tyre temp/pressure.

CPU upgrade worked well, much lower load now and up to 20 AI cars possible with 90fps in Spa :geek: Hopefully it also works online, but I'm sure it will. Not much time to test now...
@Interslice see attached my changes to the default smart mirror settings

Attachments

• smartmirror.JPG
    smartmirror.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 34

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 166 34.9%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 131 27.5%
  • WEC app/website