Honda NSX

Cars Honda NSX 3.6.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Many thanks for your reply !
I'll patiently wait for the update, and very much look forward to it.
I know I said it before but if you ever want to do something for the NA2/R, please ask !

Personally? I would like to do them all. It's a different matter if the others are to be convinced. ;)

I have experience from my job with photogrammetry so I can help with the mesh/model (although I guess there are some out there anyway), plus I used to do audio engineering and would like to get involved with sound.
I guess I can try and do my own car once I've finished rebuilding the engine :roflmao:

Personally? I would like to do them all. It's a different matter if the others are to be convinced. ;)
While I'm pretty sure I'm going to be unable to model anything in the near future, I'm all for it if somebody else models the NA2 from scratch. NA2 has enough differences that sharing the body parts doesn't really make sense anymore (only doors and some rear parts are identical, AFAIK).

While I'm pretty sure I'm going to be unable to model anything in the near future, I'm all for it if somebody else models the NA2 from scratch. NA2 has enough differences that sharing the body parts doesn't really make sense anymore (only doors and some rear parts are identical, AFAIK).

When we're out of lockdown, I'll do some testing with the na2 NSX-R and see what the tools I use can come up with anyway. I think the hardest part will be getting it to work with the interior from the exterior as I don't have a LIDAR scanner (although a friend has a good one for on-set work).
I'll see what I can do, it wouldn't be a final mesh but it'll give the dimensions/shapes to assist in building an optimised one (if it works heh).
:thumbsup:

When we're out of lockdown, I'll do some testing with the na2 NSX-R and see what the tools I use can come up with anyway. I think the hardest part will be getting it to work with the interior from the exterior as I don't have a LIDAR scanner (although a friend has a good one for on-set work).
I'll see what I can do, it wouldn't be a final mesh but it'll give the dimensions/shapes to assist in building an optimised one (if it works heh).
:thumbsup:
What spec of car exactly is it? JDM 2002 NSX-R? I have more data for that than for the base model 2002 car. I made some mockup physics earlier to test the transfer ability of the real empiric values in my sim framework ie: I checked if other specs of cars work right too.

If you get something decent done, I can finish the physics in advance and give you something to play with in the meanwhile.

Interior photo scans are possible, but tricky with the limited angles and dimensions. The WRX scan came out like this, though, and that was enough to build a good mesh.

int_scan.png

What spec of car exactly is it? JDM 2002 NSX-R? I have more data for that than for the base model 2002 car.

That's correct (JDM import), also have the NA2 NSX there as well, so both cars are available to get data from if needed.

aphidgod:
Yep typical problems. That's why I was thinking it will prove more useful to give a basic blueprint of dimensions. However I did manage to do an entire outdoor film set up in Scotland a couple of years ago that was surprisingly useful for us. It was very large but of course with a car, there are trickier aspects in comparison.
I have several tricks for this stuff, so I'll see what I can do.
The biggest problem is our lockdown currently, and several things happening at home to deal with :confused:

It'll be a bit of a slow burner but I'll try my best, and will DM some results (good or bad).

That's correct (JDM import), also have the NA2 NSX there as well, so both cars are available to get data from if needed.

aphidgod:
Yep typical problems. That's why I was thinking it will prove more useful to give a basic blueprint of dimensions. However I did manage to do an entire outdoor film set up in Scotland a couple of years ago that was surprisingly useful for us. It was very large but of course with a car, there are trickier aspects in comparison.
I have several tricks for this stuff, so I'll see what I can do.
The biggest problem is our lockdown currently, and several things happening at home to deal with :confused:

It'll be a bit of a slow burner but I'll try my best, and will DM some results (good or bad).
The last thing that really comes to mind that's not absolutely 100% sure is the dimensions of the OEM bumpstops and the exact stroke distance for OEM suspension. I also don't believe I have damping data for the 2002+ base model. If you happen to have those or can determine them, it'd be useful.

The last thing that really comes to mind that's not absolutely 100% sure is the dimensions of the OEM bumpstops and the exact stroke distance for OEM suspension. I also don't believe I have damping data for the 2002+ base model. If you happen to have those or can determine them, it'd be useful.

There's a ramp at his place, so we might be able to take some measurements at least for the NA2/R.
I'm not sure if we'll be able to find this other information, I guess it might be worth asking on NSXPrime ?

There's a ramp at his place, so we might be able to take some measurements at least for the NA2/R.
I'm not sure if we'll be able to find this other information, I guess it might be worth asking on NSXPrime ?
Whatever you can get will help. It's not super critical but it would be nice to have some hard numbers.

Some1 updated Honda NSX with a new update entry:

Version 3

PLEASE READ THIS README!

This 3.0 update is a big one! It features a completely scratch-built cockpit, updated external visuals, extensively overhauled physics and sounds etc. Too many changes to list in a change log here.

The 3.0 update consists of 9 cars:
* 1992 Acura NSX
* 1994 Acura NSX
* 1994 Acura NSX (S1, fictional model)
* 1999 Acura NSX Alex Zanardi Edition
* 1991 Honda NSX
* 1997 Honda NSX (S1, fictional model)
* 1992 Honda NSX-R
* 1994 Honda NSX-R
* 1997 Honda NSX Type S-ZERO...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey, guys, and big thanks to all involved in this considerable update. T300 user here, the car is undrivable, as the wheel jolts violently from left to right a few times a second. Maybe a csp issue.

EDIT: solved, disable this, whoever has the same issue. Was enabled by default.

1613412244163.png

Car is pure bliss to drive. Tyres speak volumes at any speed, load and slip angle. Hat's off to the physics department!

Last edited:
Hey, guys, and big thanks to all involved in this considerable update. T300 user here, the car is undrivable, as the wheel jolts violently from left to right a few times a second. Maybe a csp issue.

EDIT: solved, disable this, whoever has the same issue. Was enabled by default.

View attachment 445718

Car is pure bliss to drive. Tyres speak volumes at any speed, load and slip angle. Hat's off to the physics department!
Hmm, yeah. That feature seems to be either bugged on some belt wheels, or you had it at 0%, which means it is always at 100% gain.

The car does function correctly if you have a DDW capable of at least 15nm peak (Sustained is something like 10nm in the NSX) and you set it up for your wheel's max. It has no powersteering when rolling at speed, and the geometry is correct. However it will just immediately peak on pretty much every wheel except a DDW.

What I don't understand is why that is active by default. It should not be. Maybe 0.1% of the userbase can actually use that feature. :mad:

Perhaps if it becomes a very big issue, we will just roll out a 3.0.1 hotfix with the line in car.ini disabled for now.

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 58 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 39 6.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.3%