Honda NSX

Cars Honda NSX 3.6.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
woah really...the NSX has 2hz ride freq? For a car with little aero load that seems pretty stiff, the ZL1 1LE with its dive planes and massive wing is about 2Hz as well....

On the sound thing, I think the only thing I'd really complain about is it sounds a bit tinny. I find judging car sound from videos are basically useless since nothing ever is taken at the driver position and different spot interior wise generates very different sound scape. I know my own car between front and back seats the noise is completely different and my rear seat passenger normally hates riding in it...where as its significantly less annoying on the front.
The 1992 NSX-R, yes. The 2002 NSX-R is something like 2.2hz on both axles.

The 1990/1991 base model cars are something like 1.2/1.6hz! Much softer and arguably a bit too oversteer biased for the track. They went more towards 1.3/1.5hz in the facelifted cars.

The NA1 cars also have really stiff damping. Several times over critical around 1mm/s, and even then in the rear quite a bit over critical at the knee. The facelifted NSX-R got softer rebound damping compared to the original one and I would imagine the base car also softened up on the rear a bit.

Factors like that is why reproducing car audio is really annoying. It was more tinny before but I asked for some adjustments. Maybe some minor tweaks can still be done. Are you speaking from experience in a real NSX?

Incredible mod.

As a freak of car engine notes, I love the sound. Sounds very good and 100% as the real car, but the problem some people have I think it´s because it lacks some "subwoofer" into the frequencies. It´s like it has too much treble and lacks some bass.

That's the problem with many audio recordings from videos: you can't hear and feel that bass frequencies massaging your eardrums and making air vibrate.

Some years ago I had an M3 E36 3.0 and that kind of "power" you feel through the air when you open more than 20% throttle is hard to represent via sound in game.

I think the sound would improve if you could add some kind of "bassy resonance" into the middle range. But that might be a hard or impossible job if you don´t have the right recordings.

Anyway, when you drive this mod for 10 minutes, you immerse into the sound and feels great.

Would be great if someday someone could take a Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4 1st generation into Assetto Corsa to join this NSX, Supra,...and other 90 sport cars ;)

Correct i will add back the bass frequencys as i high pass filtered them to aproach the sound to a "video effect " guess people in general were not expecting

Going backwards in the older version alot of people playing with subwoofers complained about the excessive bass feeling and that was also a reason for this aprox... lets balanced a bit more

About sound recordings i must remember you all :

This car was recorded in real life using microphones ....this is all about fmod tweaking filters dont worry as the sound its all there ready to be pulled

Thanks

reminder

as you can see all the sound is exatly here its just this is a C30A engine and i got recordings of a C32B wich is a bit less growly

the sound has 3 layers - a exahsut recording - a engine recording - and a interior recroding

In this video only the interior recording is playing but as i like to do i mix a bit of the 3 in similar percentages so you can hear more "exhaust notes " in the cockpit

But by mixing all 3 toghether you gnerate alot of low end frenquencies and to eliminate that factor i high pass filtered all the layers to a level i found it would be nice (and reference was : lets make it sound like watching a youtube video (and this is were i should have lkept still...my decision))

fmKb9lp.png

>Things would become way better if i can individually set sound emitters for the vehicle but we have only 1 option wich is to use 1 emitter for all this sound (car sound)
this way we could recreate a sort of binaural experience

Last edited:
the sound is great, but when i go through a part of a track that has echos/reverb, a sort of woosh/wind noise gets turned way up and sounds like im driving passed a waterfall lol. not sure what thats about, but its not a dealbreaker by any means.

In terms of physics changes, I don't think the tire heat is very wrong. However I'll still tweak it a bit.

The performance stuff seems correct enough, but there might be some values a bit too low or high when it comes to rolling on the highway with no acceleration, or sitting in the pits to cool the tires down.
Those have some implications for the performance stuff as well.

Either way don't expect a huge change. It already matches all the data I have decently. But perhaps some values need +-10% tweaking globally or something. The tire construction influences it a lot but luckily my references are quite similar lightweight sports/track tires.

In terms of everything else, there really is not much very wrong. I'm only planning some very minor global tire changes that nobody will ever notice, and if I can get enough information, try to replicate the TCS system better with CSP's TC2 functions. But those precise stroke and bumpstop dimensions would be nice. ;)

Factors like that is why reproducing car audio is really annoying. It was more tinny before but I asked for some adjustments. Maybe some minor tweaks can still be done. Are you speaking from experience in a real NSX?

No just doing tuning exhaust in general for both talking to other people at work and also on my own car....

From driving the cars in the ver 3.0 the NA1-R facelift seems to be the most stable car to drive out of the box? Follow by the normal NA1-R. The Type S Zero and Zanardi are much twitchier I feel like.

About the sound, I really don't understand what the **** half of you guys are on. If people were talking this kind of garbage about my physics, even I would get insulted.

And don't post some low quality amateur recordings where the low-end is peaking or that crunched to hell Senna video. Although ironically the mid frequencies which are not so destroyed are still quite similar to the AC sound, if not almost identical in the Senna audio.

All of those amateur recordings above have way too much bass boom to them because that's just how bad recording equipment and unsophisticated methods make it come out. At least the mid frequencies of the engine note are still somewhat intact.

I posted the Senna video to show how vastly different video recordings can be, especially older ones. I don't care that it was amateur crushed whatever whatever. The video posted and as a reference was from GIS3 wasn't it? Amateur with old video recorded audio :laugh:

You really can't take criticism can you? You can barely take criticism for someone else work who I guess you "respect" in your way...

Maybe less of the **** talking when I know for a fact the guys criticising the sound have done it in a positive way, don't put a negative spin on it, isn't that what CSP Discord is for?

Anyway, sounds ;) like @Modek is making headway into a tweaked sound. Let's see how that turns out, I'm looking forward to it :)

No just doing tuning exhaust in general for both talking to other people at work and also on my own car....

From driving the cars in the ver 3.0 the NA1-R facelift seems to be the most stable car to drive out of the box? Follow by the normal NA1-R. The Type S Zero and Zanardi are much twitchier I feel like.
The 1994 NSX-R has the most understeery tire split, and most understeery suspension.

S-Zero has the NSX-R dampers and corner springs with the later tires, except the Type S/Zanardi rear stabilizer, which is intended for cars driven on twisty roads, not the track, as was claimed. It's not a massive change, but percentually it is quite noticeable. Also, the NSX-R's have a stiffer front stabilizer as well, while the S-Zero and Zanardi are on the standard one. They add up in the end.

I think the differential is also an important factor; in corners where the preload locker in the NSX-R's would spin the inside wheel and stabilize the car, instead the torque bias type differential in the NA2's will yaw the car by spinning the outside more, removing some understeer. If you look at onboards from the time, many drivers complain that the S-Zero is a little nervous.

I posted the Senna video to show how vastly different video recordings can be, especially older ones. I don't care that it was amateur crushed whatever whatever. The video posted and as a reference was from GIS3 wasn't it? Amateur with old video recorded audio :laugh:

You really can't take criticism can you? You can barely take criticism for someone else work who I guess you "respect" in your way...

Maybe less of the **** talking when I know for a fact the guys criticising the sound have done it in a positive way, don't put a negative spin on it, isn't that what CSP Discord is for?

Anyway, sounds ;) like @Modek is making headway into a tweaked sound. Let's see how that turns out, I'm looking forward to it :)
I didn't know you are representing the other people in the thread also, but you seem to have some kind of issue with me or my posting on CSP Discord which has no relevance to this thread at all, so I will just say this.

There is no need to take people very seriously when they don't have relevant experience and immediately denounce something different as "terrible" or "horrible". It is a little immature. To me it seems like the intent is malicious, based on the wording.

I was also not talking about you specifically, nor did I question your motives for posting the video. If your intent was to post the Senna footage to illustrate that recordings can sound very different, then we are in agreement. I still don't think it is particularly relevant footage.

For the record, I also questioned Modek's "90's video" approach for this same reason. But who am I to say what he should do, I really don't have the relevant knowledge.

The 1994 NSX-R has the most understeery tire split, and most understeery suspension.

S-Zero has the NSX-R dampers and corner springs with the later tires, except the Type S/Zanardi rear stabilizer, which is intended for cars driven on twisty roads, not the track, as was claimed. It's not a massive change, but percentually it is quite noticeable. Also, the NSX-R's have a stiffer front stabilizer as well, while the S-Zero and Zanardi are on the standard one. They add up in the end.

I think the differential is also an important factor; in corners where the preload locker in the NSX-R's would spin the inside wheel and stabilize the car, instead the torque bias type differential in the NA2's will yaw the car by spinning the outside more, removing some understeer. If you look at onboards from the time, many drivers complain that the S-Zero is a little nervous.

I didn't know you are representing the other people in the thread also, but you seem to have some kind of issue with me or my posting on CSP Discord which has no relevance to this thread at all, so I will just say this.

There is no need to take people very seriously when they don't have relevant experience and immediately denounce something different as "terrible" or "horrible". It is a little immature. To me it seems like the intent is malicious, based on the wording.

I was also not talking about you specifically, nor did I question your motives for posting the video. If your intent was to post the Senna footage to illustrate that recordings can sound very different, then we are in agreement. I still don't think it is particularly relevant footage.

For the record, I also questioned Modek's "90's video" approach for this same reason. But who am I to say what he should do, I really don't have the relevant knowledge.

No you are correct of course, it is just your attitude. The horrible comment was immediately “corrected” he didn’t mean it maliciously. Same with the other guys, no comments in here regarding sound have been malicious.

The sound is moving forward, and like I said, looking forward to the next iteration. :thumbsup:

I think this overlays pretty much exactly how I felt driving them. Very cool!

I think this overlays pretty much exactly how I felt driving them. Very cool!
A bit of tidbit, but in the 2002 NSX-R, they didn't go for the torque bias diff. They used the exact same, down to the same part number, differential as in the 1992 NSX-R, which is an NA1 preload locker with more shimming for double the preload. Every other version used the torque bias diff.

I think with a relatively low power, very neutral car like this (For the time, the NSX was "understeery" but nowadays it is considered "oversteery"), the preload locker will be faster because it produces less understeer in some situations, while also producing less yaw on excessive power application.

Honda claimed an exit speed increase from the torque bias diff, but that is probably compared to the base car's one, which doesn't have enough preload and likes to spin the inside wheel excessively.

Check out 6:51 onward in this video:

It just gets worse and worse the more power you add! After some point, you do need some real lock too and (any realistic amount of) preload doesn't cut it. People often shim them to like 4x the stock preload, or more, when tracking them. With the kind of power people run (Upwards of 500+) an actual locker will be better IMO. You can clearly see the reason why in the Acura S1. ;)

Really enjoying the update and many versions, thank you all. Sound is interesting but I think the tweaks being discussed can only be a good thing. Would prefer if tyre sound was a little louder to match kunos cars (so that you can set your global tyre volume once and it is about right for all cars), although I assume user can adjust this with csp config anyway

theres some minor errors in the logs which could probably be easily removed by setting values to 0/1 as appropriate:
INIReader: content/cars/some1_acura_nsx_1992/data/aero.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [WING_0] YAW_CL_GAIN
INIReader: content/cars/some1_acura_nsx_1992/data/aero.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [FIN_0] YAW_CL_GAIN
INIReader: content/cars/some1_acura_nsx_1992/data/aero.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [FIN_1] YAW_CL_GAIN
INIReader: content/cars/some1_acura_nsx_1992/data/flames.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [HEADER] INTENSITY
INIReader: content/cars/some1_acura_nsx_1994/data/aero.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [WING_0] YAW_CL_GAIN
INIReader: content/cars/some1_acura_nsx_1994/data/aero.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [FIN_0] YAW_CL_GAIN
INIReader: content/cars/some1_acura_nsx_1994/data/aero.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [FIN_1] YAW_CL_GAIN
INIReader: content/cars/some1_acura_nsx_1994/data/flames.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [HEADER] INTENSITY
INIReader: content/cars/some1_acura_nsx_zanardi_1999/data/aero.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [WING_0] YAW_CL_GAIN
INIReader: content/cars/some1_acura_nsx_zanardi_1999/data/aero.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [FIN_0] YAW_CL_GAIN
INIReader: content/cars/some1_acura_nsx_zanardi_1999/data/aero.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [FIN_1] YAW_CL_GAIN
INIReader: content/cars/some1_acura_nsx_zanardi_1999/data/drivetrain.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [AUTOCLUTCH] FORCED_ON
INIReader: content/cars/some1_acura_nsx_zanardi_1999/data/flames.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [HEADER] INTENSITY
INIReader: content/cars/some1_acura_nsx_1992/data/aero.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [WING_0] YAW_CL_GAIN
INIReader: content/cars/some1_acura_nsx_1992/data/aero.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [FIN_0] YAW_CL_GAIN
INIReader: content/cars/some1_acura_nsx_1992/data/aero.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [FIN_1] YAW_CL_GAIN
INIReader: content/cars/some1_acura_nsx_1992/data/flames.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [HEADER] INTENSITY
INIReader: content/cars/some1_honda_nsx_1997_s1/data/aero.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [WING_0] YAW_CL_GAIN
INIReader: content/cars/some1_honda_nsx_1997_s1/data/aero.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [FIN_0] YAW_CL_GAIN
INIReader: content/cars/some1_honda_nsx_1997_s1/data/aero.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [FIN_1] YAW_CL_GAIN
INIReader: content/cars/some1_honda_nsx_1997_s1/data/drivetrain.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [AUTOCLUTCH] FORCED_ON
INIReader: content/cars/some1_honda_nsx_1997_s1/data/flames.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [HEADER] INTENSITY
INIReader: content/cars/some1_honda_nsx_r_1994/data/aero.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [WING_0] YAW_CL_GAIN
INIReader: content/cars/some1_honda_nsx_r_1994/data/aero.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [FIN_0] YAW_CL_GAIN
INIReader: content/cars/some1_honda_nsx_r_1994/data/aero.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [FIN_1] YAW_CL_GAIN
INIReader: content/cars/some1_honda_nsx_r_1994/data/drivetrain.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [AUTOCLUTCH] FORCED_ON
INIReader: content/cars/some1_honda_nsx_r_1994/data/flames.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [HEADER] INTENSITY
INIReader: content/cars/some1_acura_nsx_1994_s1/data/aero.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [WING_0] YAW_CL_GAIN
INIReader: content/cars/some1_acura_nsx_1994_s1/data/aero.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [FIN_0] YAW_CL_GAIN
INIReader: content/cars/some1_acura_nsx_1994_s1/data/aero.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [FIN_1] YAW_CL_GAIN
INIReader: content/cars/some1_acura_nsx_1994_s1/data/flames.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [HEADER] INTENSITY
INIReader: content/cars/some1_honda_nsx_type_s_zero_1997/data/aero.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [WING_0] YAW_CL_GAIN
INIReader: content/cars/some1_honda_nsx_type_s_zero_1997/data/aero.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [FIN_0] YAW_CL_GAIN
INIReader: content/cars/some1_honda_nsx_type_s_zero_1997/data/aero.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [FIN_1] YAW_CL_GAIN
INIReader: content/cars/some1_honda_nsx_type_s_zero_1997/data/drivetrain.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [AUTOCLUTCH] FORCED_ON
INIReader: content/cars/some1_honda_nsx_type_s_zero_1997/data/flames.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [HEADER] INTENSITY
INIReader: content/cars/some1_honda_nsx_r_1992/data/aero.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [WING_0] YAW_CL_GAIN
INIReader: content/cars/some1_honda_nsx_r_1992/data/aero.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [FIN_0] YAW_CL_GAIN
INIReader: content/cars/some1_honda_nsx_r_1992/data/aero.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [FIN_1] YAW_CL_GAIN
INIReader: content/cars/some1_honda_nsx_r_1992/data/drivetrain.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [AUTOCLUTCH] FORCED_ON
INIReader: content/cars/some1_honda_nsx_r_1992/data/flames.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [HEADER] INTENSITY
INIReader: content/cars/some1_honda_nsx_1991/data/aero.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [WING_0] YAW_CL_GAIN
INIReader: content/cars/some1_honda_nsx_1991/data/aero.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [FIN_0] YAW_CL_GAIN
INIReader: content/cars/some1_honda_nsx_1991/data/aero.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [FIN_1] YAW_CL_GAIN
INIReader: content/cars/some1_honda_nsx_1991/data/flames.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [HEADER] INTENSITY
INIReader: content/cars/some1_honda_nsx_1991/data/aero.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [WING_0] YAW_CL_GAIN
INIReader: content/cars/some1_honda_nsx_1991/data/aero.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [FIN_0] YAW_CL_GAIN
INIReader: content/cars/some1_honda_nsx_1991/data/aero.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [FIN_1] YAW_CL_GAIN
INIReader: content/cars/some1_honda_nsx_1991/data/flames.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [HEADER] INTENSITY
INIReader: content/cars/some1_honda_nsx_type_s_zero_1997/data/aero.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [WING_0] YAW_CL_GAIN
INIReader: content/cars/some1_honda_nsx_type_s_zero_1997/data/aero.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [FIN_0] YAW_CL_GAIN
INIReader: content/cars/some1_honda_nsx_type_s_zero_1997/data/aero.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [FIN_1] YAW_CL_GAIN
INIReader: content/cars/some1_honda_nsx_type_s_zero_1997/data/drivetrain.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [AUTOCLUTCH] FORCED_ON
INIReader: content/cars/some1_honda_nsx_type_s_zero_1997/data/flames.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [HEADER] INTENSITY

If I remember, I'll fix that aero.ini spam. I never do it for those specifically. YAW_CL_GAIN doesn't do anything for wings with positive lift on them. :p

Don't count on it, though. The only real downside it does is spam the log once I believe. Maybe an issue if it keeps doing it all the time.

The headlight part model is the same between the 1991 E-NA1 and 1997 E-NA2 S-Zero. Type S only received HID headlights, only in Japan, only for that spec. The headlights are the same.

@Avo77
The cooldown is actually likely a bit too fast when at static. There is a possibility the velocity dependent air-cooling is a tad too weak, but the surface interactions seem to be perhaps a tad too strong in fact. It's not more than 10% off if telemetry and thermal sensor footage are to be believed.

It's difficult to say because there's like +-30% spreads at the very least depending on the construction of the tire. All of the research data is junk as well so you can only really rely on experimental data. I got my data from lightweight sport tires which cool fast and heat fast, thicker road tires would cool down even slower.

If you read my readme then you'd have a better idea of why the cooling can slow down at temp. As for the surfaces rising, tires can get up to 450 - 500c when drifting with high power cars and the gas will ignite. Mid-corner just driving grip and not slipping the tire, it will reach 90 - 100c surface easily. That's not incorrect.

I don't entirely know where you made your opinion about the thermals, do you perhaps have some data you want to share, or an experience? I will likely fine-tune the values later.

About the sound, it's quite difficult to say what is correct and not. I urged Modek to remember that the recording is not like the human hearing, and he knows that. Perhaps some NSX owner can chip in, but I would not be surprised if the sound in reality sounds similar due to most of the sound being transmitted via vibrations of the ear structure.

It's a difficult thing, really. Perhaps it needs more low frequency so give that impression of inner ear vibrations. If it is too filtered, perhaps you can blame me, because I requested some highpass earlier to eliminate some unwanted frequencies from the cabin noise.

EDIT: Also I really need to disagree on "unrealistic tone". The mid-frequency sound is the one thing which is definitely not wrong IMO. :p

I tested the R version and it's definitely closer to my liking both for sound and overall drivability.
We may agree or disagree on the tone... (last time I've been in a NSX I still had (some) hairs, but I remember it different), but I think we can agree the backfires(?!) releasing the throttle are quite annoying in game.

That said, I'm not so interested in sounds. Whatever suits your taste is ok for me.

A bit different matter about physics. If you look at temperature rise and fall, you may notice a strange 'plateau' happening in apparently randomic situations where the cooling seems to stop even close to steady state (low constant speed and negligible lat acceleration) for different temperatures.

In general would expect a faster decrement for higher tire temperature (the boundary conditions are constant...), but it's not always happening, so probably there are some unexpected influences there.

In any case, the lazy unrecoverable slides I'm suffering of seem to be more related to other factors (the grip change with temperature appears, correctly, limited within reasonable values) like, possibly, lateral load sensitivity or similar.

Last edited:
I tested the R version and it's definitely closer to my liking both for sound and overall drivability.
We may agree or disagree on the tone... (last time I've been in a NSX I still had (some) hairs, but I remember it different), but I think we can agree the backfires(?!) releasing the throttle are quite annoying in game.

That said, I'm not so interested in sounds. Whatever suits your taste is ok for me.

A bit different matter about physics. If you look at temperature rise and fall, you may notice a strange 'plateau' happening in apparently randomic situations where the cooling seems to stop even close to steady state (low constant speed and negligible lat acceleration) for different temperatures.

In general would expect a faster decrement for higher tire temperature (the boundary conditions are constant...), but it's not always happening, so probably there are some unexpected influences there.

In any case, the lazy unrecoverable slides I'm suffering of seem to be more related to other factors (the grip change with temperature appears, correctly, limited within reasonable values) like, possibly, lateral load sensitivity or similar.

First off, take a look at this so that we are on the same page. I'm going to assume you're speaking from years of looking at real-time heating data, but for reference, this is one of my main sources.

In terms of unrecoverable slides, not sure what you mean. Make sure you have a wheel capable of outputting the same kind of force and rotation angle as the real car, otherwise it can be a hardware limitation and not inherently bound to the physics.

In terms of lateral load sensitivity, what car exactly are you talking about? The 1992 car and 1994 car have a different tire stagger. If you've only ever driven 1994+ cars, which most of the NSXs are, you might never have experienced one with the early small stagger.

It's not impossible that the rear compounds are somewhat more grippy IRL than what I made them, but I couldn't see any noticeable discrepancy when comparing to footage. I would need more info to make a judgment.

more random observations, I tried mainly on the EPS tires yesterday and today I kinda went more back to back between EPS and the UHPS in the same car on the same setup. The peakiness of the EPS is pretty obivious while doesn't seems to find a lot of gains in grip. But I guess if we were to think of it as period correct tires maybe thats how they behaved back then. UHPS is actually quite pleasant to drive. Back to back on Mid-Ohio in the Type S Zero I think they are only maybe .6-1 sec apart...and it takes a lot more work on the EPS to do a clean lap...The NSX NA2 S1 car on AD08R feels more like I guess the normal SM tires in the AC and maybe more similar to how I expect EPS tires feels nowadays.

The video with temperatures is perfectly fine to me... in game results in some cases are quite different with tire temperatures staying constant for too long time even if no stress is applied to them. It's not always repeatable, so IDK why it's happening.

Maybe when it's happening'the core temp is so high it's stopping the surface cool down.
Whatever it is, it seems a bit 'smelly', so I suggest a second look at heat transfer parameters.

Regarding slides.. yes, my HW is weak, but I can usually balance in controlled oversteer almost every car in game.

Ihave no complain about the absolute maximum grip levels (on the high side, if anything), but when the sideslip exceed, let's say, 15/20 deg things become IMHO to difficult to recover...

The video with temperatures is perfectly fine to me... in game results in some cases are quite different with tire temperatures staying constant for too long time even if no stress is applied to them. It's not always repeatable, so IDK why it's happening.

Maybe when it's happening'the core temp is so high it's stopping the surface cool down.
Whatever it is, it seems a bit 'smelly', so I suggest a second look at heat transfer parameters.

Regarding slides.. yes, my HW is weak, but I can usually balance in controlled oversteer almost every car in game.

Ihave no complain about the absolute maximum grip levels (on the high side, if anything), but when the sideslip exceed, let's say, 15/20 deg things become IMHO to difficult to recover...
First off, make sure you're using lebluem's extended heat app. Core temp has no bearing on grip (From what I've been told) and just acts like a heat buffer. Surface vs carcass is what matters. The 3 areas interact in the heating and cooling.

When all 3 are at the same temp, there is almost nowhere to go anymore in terms of cooling except surface to ambient and some weak core to ambient. If you believe there is something wrong, like constants needing to change with higher T, then take it to JPG_18. I believe this model is not exactly flawless and a new one is in the works. I'm not in charge of the inner workings, I just optimize within the model.

I can't really comment on the balance part if your hardware is not up to snuff.

Skidpad G is a bit on the low side for all of the cars, actually. About 0.01 below real-world values or so. I can make a check again for the next patch. The OEM tires are very grippy.

Some of the replies on here make me angry. This NSX is perfect. I owned one for 6 years and the handling is totally representative. The interior/ exterior updates are perfect and for the me, the sound is absolutely fine. Don't change it for the few trolls who clearly have too much time on their hands during the lockdown.

Some of the replies on here make me angry. This NSX is perfect. I owned one for 6 years and the handling is totally representative. The interior/ exterior updates are perfect and for the me, the sound is absolutely fine. Don't change it for the few trolls who clearly have too much time on their hands during the lockdown.
No need to be angry. Most of us have never driven an NSX, less likely owned one. We can only refer to data available to us (pics, videos, articles etc) to interpret them as accurately as possible.

When it comes to sounds, there are however a lot of things that affect the final outcome -- sound settings in game, in operating system, speakers or headphones, one's ears etc :)

If you say that you've driven one in IRL plenty and the car ingame is more or less accurate in many aspects, we must believe you and are happy for it.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 287 34.5%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 233 28.0%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 154 18.5%
  • Watch party

Votes: 66 7.9%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 22 2.6%